Author Topic: I knew it wasn't right..!  (Read 4210 times)

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: I knew it wasn't right..!
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2018, 02:06:40 PM »
[quote authorB=tazio link=topic=95776.msg1517112#msg1517112 date=1525459346]
As always, looking forward to your ride experience  :thumb:
[/quote]Bat 11 and Paul Brooking will be along for a while, so you might hear from them

Offline KiwiKev

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2018, 02:39:46 PM »
Bat 11 and Paul Brooking will be along for a while, so you might hear from them
Have fun mate and don’t run down any roo’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2018, 01:03:00 AM »
Ok.
If you're not interested look away now.
So far the averager has been out as follows.
Showed 5.4, actual 269 k for 13 litres = 4.8 l/100 k
Showed 5.4, actual 322k for 15.38 litres = 4.7 l/100k

Just to make the point that the averager isn't worth a pinch of piss.

Offline jdgretz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Proud Owner of a Red Norge
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2018, 02:03:12 AM »
Must be because you guys are riding so damn slow.

I just looked at my stats over the last 54,000 miles (or 86,904Km) - and I have averaged 38.8MPG (6.06l/100k) with a high of 51.9 (5.53 l/100k).  Then again, the posted speed limit for today's ride was 75MPH (120.7 KPH) but riding mostly 82MPH (132 Kph).  That certainly does a job on the mileage.

jdg
2007 Norge Sophia The Fast Red One
1999 Honda Helix - Zippy
2008 Honda Goldwing

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2018, 02:03:12 AM »

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2018, 05:59:31 AM »
 It was all so simple when I rode my BMW R-26.  The engine would stutter and I would move the petcock lever to the reserve position and stop at the next gas station.  I have done the same for all my bikes ( over 50 of them), until
 they stopped putting reserve petcocks on them.  Now they have electronic warnings etc. to confuse things up a bit,
 so I just pay attention to the odometer and estimate when I need gas.  If I am going on a long trip with long distances between gas stations, I carry a spare can of gas with me.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2018, 06:24:17 PM »
Have fun mate and don�t run down any roo�s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or emu's, or camels, or Brahman bulls, snakes, eagles, sheep, texting drivers, sleeping b double drivers, tour buses, gravel deposits, rain, crashed UFO debris.......

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2018, 06:29:37 PM »

and those that missed mars entirely?  :evil:
Come for a space flight with me and I'll aim for Uranus..! :kiss: :wink:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 06:30:36 PM by Huzo »

Offline KiwiKev

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2018, 05:15:54 AM »
Or emu's, or camels, or Brahman bulls, snakes, eagles, sheep, texting drivers, sleeping b double drivers, tour buses, gravel deposits, rain, crashed UFO debris.......
Oh yeh them too

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2018, 06:08:00 AM »
Oh man............ Here I was going to say that the fuel mileage readings on these bikes was akin to a Pentecostal preacher in a summer revival service, but now I am distracted about the moon landings.........  :drool:

Actually FWIW, my grandfather worked for Grumman back in the 60's & 70's, and was one of the engineers that designed/built/tested the LEM. I was a total geek when it came to the space program (like most kids my age) I remember him coming home and talking to my grandmother about how stupid the Astronauts were. They had just recently completed a mission this was 1971 or 72.  He was complaining that they had to move one of the assembled test mules from Bethpage to the Calverton  (Long Island) hangers and set up a dummy moon landing set because NASA wanted good pics for publicity and get support. 

According to him, most of the pictures were 3/4 over exposed and they spent 2 weeks holding up pics life sized pics and trying to recreate the poses..... I didn't think much of it until years later when the conspiracy goobers  started calling out fake reenacted pics.....

I was 8 maybe 9 years old. He took me down one Saturday morning before they tore it down. Was pretty cool.....

But anyway, about the 54MPG I am getting on my 42 mile and 75MPH commute to work....  :bike-037:  When I first got my Norge, I filled it up and went on a bunch of rides. The bike initial had a running problem where the bike wouldn't rev over 6K RPM. So needless to say I was distracted while riding. I initially thought because the bike had sat for a year ot so that it was clogged injectors so I went out and flogged the crap out of it. Because it had a fuel gauge, and it was its first tank, I paid no attention to the miles. At the time I lived out near Mount Rainier and was beating the Pi$$ out of it trying to clear what I thought were clogged injectors, and suddenly the motor quit. So, being way up on the mountain, I decided to coast as far as gravity would take me and hope someone would come by, take me to the closest town with cell phone reception to call Geico for a tow. After a quick diagnosis I decided it was acting like it ran out of gas, but saw the 1/4  mark on the gauge. Popped the cap and yeah.... EMPTY.  It worked out well, a trail guide/ranger type came by, took my $20 spot and came back with a can of gas.....  Lesson learned.

**The running problem and why it wouldn't rev over 6K was one of the cams was off in its timing (retarded) by one tooth on the gear.... No idea how that happened, it only had like #400 miles when I got it and it was a 2014 leftover, bought in October of 15, and sold in December of 15, I bought it in July of 16 with 400 miles +/-.

Well this isn't the place, but I'd love to sit opposite you at a table and ask a couple of "questions" about 11.
Buzz has admitted that the classic shot of him on the surface was a publicity release.
They did not have a high def. colour camera on the surface
There are some shocking inconsistencies in the images that 98.5% of the people on the program viewed on grainy 12" monitors.
Anyway, back to the bikes.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 06:22:20 AM by Bulldog9 »
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here