Author Topic: Eldo 1400 intake vacuum plug and Mistral Fuel Injection Module  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Steve350f

• New Egg
I have a '16 Eldo 1400 w/ Agostini pipes and want to settle down the under throttle response and decelerating pops, and heat to some degree.  Doing some research, it looks like plugging the vacuum port hole on the intake plenum (emissions stuff), remove inners from tip valve (more for that awful moaning sound), and install the Mistral Fuel Injection Module would be a significant improvement, all for less than $200.  Has anyone done this and if so, what were the results?

What I really want is the full monty "PC-V/AT300/GT-RX 5AM/7SM ECU FLASH TOOL" from Guzzitech but I have to save my pennies for that.  I thought this would be a good short term solution.  Thoughts?
2016 Eldorado
2017 Stelvio
1973 Eldorado
1973 Norton Commando
1972 BMW R75/5 Toaster
1971 BSA B50MX
1976 Kawasaki KZ750 Twin

pete roper

Re: Eldo 1400 intake vacuum plug and Mistral Fuel Injection Module
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 11:55:12 PM »
Both the Mistral magic box and the GT magic box are dreadful ideas.

oldbike54

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 12:18:09 AM »

<Sigh>
                                              Beetle map Beetle map Beetle map

Still $100.00 , right Pete ?

Snake oil is always snake oil /

Dusty

j.r.r.

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 07:31:17 AM »
What I really want is the full monty "PC-V/AT300/GT-RX 5AM/7SM ECU FLASH TOOL" from Guzzitech but I have to save my pennies for that.  I thought this would be a good short term solution.  Thoughts?

Expensive idea, if you are not able to deal with all possible problems by yourself, you are for very expensive 'adventure'. Dealing with GuzziTech (Todd) and his prima ballerina attitude is one thing but his technical support is very much useless. I bought "PC-V/AT300/GT-RX 5AM/7SM ECU FLASH TOOL" over year ago, it was installed by professional mechanic and none of the advertised benefits were noticeable. I didn't feel the extra power nor the engine was running cooler, the only thing I got was couple errors which manifest themselves by popping yellow engine light on the dashboard.

According to Todd, the problem will be solved if I purchase "the exhaust port air pump kit" which at that time was still in development. He promised to ship the kit for free if I purchase the set of “Full Stainless Header System”, which I did. About six months, after number of emails, I receive the message that his technician lost 'work' notes and the kit will not be produced. I took bike back to my mechanic and the GuzziTech magic was uninstalled.

I wonder if there are any takers which like to try GuzziTech magic? It is free, just pay shipping from Canada (Toronto) and $350.00 USD to Todd for remapping :)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 07:31:17 AM »

Offline groundhog105

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 01:39:26 PM »
Expensive idea, if you are not able to deal with all possible problems by yourself, you are for very expensive 'adventure'. Dealing with GuzziTech (Todd) and his prima ballerina attitude is one thing but his technical support is very much useless. I bought "PC-V/AT300/GT-RX 5AM/7SM ECU FLASH TOOL" over year ago, it was installed by professional mechanic and none of the advertised benefits were noticeable. I didn't feel the extra power nor the engine was running cooler, the only thing I got was couple errors which manifest themselves by popping yellow engine light on the dashboard.

According to Todd, the problem will be solved if I purchase "the exhaust port air pump kit" which at that time was still in development. He promised to ship the kit for free if I purchase the set of “Full Stainless Header System”, which I did. About six months, after number of emails, I receive the message that his technician lost 'work' notes and the kit will not be produced. I took bike back to my mechanic and the GuzziTech magic was uninstalled.

I wonder if there are any takers which like to try GuzziTech magic? It is free, just pay shipping from Canada (Toronto) and $350.00 USD to Todd for remapping :)

My experience is quite the opposite.  I rode a stock 1400 and was very unimpressed.  Mine has GuzziTech fueling and full exhaust system and runs like a raped ape.  It idles like it should and runs runs crisp and clean.  Just my experience. 

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 05:30:02 PM »
I have two Cali 1400 Customs, one purchased from Todd with his full exhaust system and suspension mods, and one that is mainly stock except for Mistral cans and a Beetle map.

Both run fine, I have no preference for one over the other.  But cost wise, the Beetle map is the way to go.

Offline groundhog105

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 06:34:56 PM »
I have two Cali 1400 Customs, one purchased from Todd with his full exhaust system and suspension mods, and one that is mainly stock except for Mistral cans and a Beetle map.

Both run fine, I have no preference for one over the other.  But cost wise, the Beetle map is the way to go.

If I were starting from scratch the Beetle map sounds like the way I would go.

Offline Steve350f

• New Egg
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 10:44:42 PM »
If I were starting from scratch the Beetle map sounds like the way I would go.

OK, wow.  Snake oil and everything in this post.  Ha ha.  So, what is the "Beetle Map"?  Newbie 1400 owner.  I have a '73 Eldo and a '94 Cali 1100i so not new to Guzzi but new to the 1400 Eldo.
2016 Eldorado
2017 Stelvio
1973 Eldorado
1973 Norton Commando
1972 BMW R75/5 Toaster
1971 BSA B50MX
1976 Kawasaki KZ750 Twin

pete roper

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 11:04:05 PM »
Log built open loop maps for Guzzis with no snake oil or trying to sell you useless shite like 'Open Air Box Covers and rock strainer filters that will do nothing to improve the performance and certainly won't increase top speed as that is governed electronically.

Simples.

beetle

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 04:10:08 AM »
certainly won't increase top speed as that is governed electronically.

Maybe might. I've set the rev limit to 8000 RPM.  :evil:

pete roper

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2019, 04:50:09 AM »
Ok!  :grin:

Still reckon trying to get a Cali14 to go faster is an excercise in futility.

oldbike54

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2019, 05:43:51 AM »
OK, wow.  Snake oil and everything in this post.  Ha ha.  So, what is the "Beetle Map"?  Newbie 1400 owner.  I have a '73 Eldo and a '94 Cali 1100i so not new to Guzzi but new to the 1400 Eldo.

Our own Ozzie wizard Beetle , as in Beetle , yeah that Beetle . Has he appeared yet ? :laugh:

Literally hundreds of satisfied customers , just ask around .

Dusty

j.r.r.

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2019, 07:33:55 AM »
I'm not an expert, what I posted was just my personal opinion. I should do dyna test before installation of GuzziTech kit and after but I didn't. The dealer run such a test after Todd magic was installed, as they tried to troubleshot P0134 and P0154 errors. They didn't manage to fix errors problem but the test result is attached, be your own judge :)

2014 roush stage 3 0 60

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2019, 08:07:28 AM »
Just from my own experience. Bottom line for me all the minor modification of our bikes does little to sufficiently increase the bottom line of 1/4 mile or top end times, so for the most part spending hundreds of bucks is a waste for no more than it turns out, unless one goes all the way with the modification. I have found the best modification is to retune the factory motor for the best Preformance that motor is capable, of, minus the demands of the government oversight and yes the Beetle system is, IMHO, is  the best out there. After you get the map, Mark, Mr Beetle, is accessible to clear up any issues you may have until you are satisfied.

Offline JohninVT

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2019, 09:05:20 AM »

Nearest I can tell using GPS my bike bumps the limiter at about 124mph.  I'm of the opinion that everyone needs a 140mph bagger.  Even if everyone doesn't....I do.  Raising the limit to 8,000rpm must get the bike awfully close to 140(if it isn't drag limited before it can pull it).       

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2019, 12:07:47 PM »
Lol John Boy, you realize "Speed Kills" right:)

Offline JohninVT

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2019, 05:53:28 PM »
Lol John Boy, you realize "Speed Kills" right:)

Ha!  I hope you realize that I’m going to harass you to help walk me through the procedure to load a Beetle map.  I’m going to buy the cables and stuff later this month.

beetle

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2019, 06:25:02 PM »
Nearest I can tell using GPS my bike bumps the limiter at about 124mph.  I'm of the opinion that everyone needs a 140mph bagger.  Even if everyone doesn't....I do.  Raising the limit to 8,000rpm must get the bike awfully close to 140(if it isn't drag limited before it can pull it).     

I think Luap on his MGX might have drag issues. An Audace would be the best bet for terrifying yourself.   :shocked:

oldbike54

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2019, 09:02:20 PM »
 So do we all know what a Beetle Map is now , and how to obtain one ?

Of course we'll go thru this again in two months  :laugh:

Dusty

pete roper

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2019, 09:07:22 PM »

I think Luap on his MGX might have drag issues. An Audace would be the best bet for terrifying yourself.   :shocked:

What? He wears a frock when he's riding! Well there's something I didn't see coming! :evil:

Pete

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2019, 09:13:02 PM »
Ha!  I hope you realize that I’m going to harass you to help walk me through the procedure to load a Beetle map.  I’m going to buy the cables and stuff later this month.
I'd love to help anyway I could John but I've not did any map changes to my 1400, heck it's to fast for my riding ability as it is. I would definitely consult with Mark (Mr Beetle) before I did anything I was not sure of. I do know that if one does the wrong thing when you have your ECU hooked to a laptop, you can BRICK your ECU and then you have a serious high dollar fix to contend with. Good luck hitting that 140 MPH zone;)

Offline Osi

• New Egg
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2021, 05:32:14 AM »
 :popcorn:

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here