Author Topic: The heedless headless needless blippery merged threadfest  (Read 21603 times)

Offline Penderic

• Hatchling
Re: The heedless headless needless blippery merged threadfest
« Reply #210 on: October 09, 2019, 09:32:59 PM »

Every time an open pipe Harley is blipped, the earth twitches!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYgz1OCbeu8&feature=youtu.be
Yikes! :shocked: The big ones are caused by backfires.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 09:35:50 PM by Penderic »

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #211 on: October 09, 2019, 09:47:43 PM »
That's what it looks like when I'm doing 60 mph on the Recon.  Solid mounted Shovel engine to the frame.  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:  No need for a speedo.  :grin:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

pete roper

« Reply #212 on: October 10, 2019, 12:49:43 AM »
I saw a member of the 'Brotherhood' in town today wearing the full regalia with tassels and 'Get Back' whips, leather waistcoat with badges on saying he didn't like anybody, you know the type. Anyway he did another thing that seems to go hand in hand with 'Blippery' of sitting at the lights and dragging the clutch so the bike lurches forward over the 'Halt' line and then rolling back before repeating. (There may also of been 'Blipping' involved but I was in the van and had the wireless on.) Then when the lights changed there was need for a lot of revving and speeding, (I use the term advisedly.) off while glaring at all and sundry.

Why is this a 'Thing'?

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #213 on: October 10, 2019, 02:13:59 AM »
I saw a member of the 'Brotherhood' in town today wearing the full regalia with tassels and 'Get Back' whips, leather waistcoat with badges on saying he didn't like anybody, you know the type. Anyway he did another thing that seems to go hand in hand with 'Blippery' of sitting at the lights and dragging the clutch so the bike lurches forward over the 'Halt' line and then rolling back before repeating. (There may also of been 'Blipping' involved but I was in the van and had the wireless on.) Then when the lights changed there was need for a lot of revving and speeding, (I use the term advisedly.) off while glaring at all and sundry.

Why is this a 'Thing'?
Making a statement in an attempt to answer the question that nobody asked.
Then daring you to disagree.
Like the lion in the wizard of Oz..
“What’s it to ya’..”

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #213 on: October 10, 2019, 02:13:59 AM »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #214 on: October 10, 2019, 08:28:56 AM »
..... with STD Pan/Shovel heads (the oem heads work hardened & had to be binned) .....

I'm not familiar with Harley heads "work hardening" .... what part of the head did that affect?   

I can see me (if I still have time on this earth, who knows?) building a really basic Pan or early Shovel like I used to have; they were a lot of fun.   I can't remember that they were hard to start at all, even with the old Linkert carbs, but maybe that was due to (at the time) an overflow of testosterone seen through rose-colored glasses ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #215 on: October 10, 2019, 01:03:00 PM »
If you got the starting drill figured out.  Kick starting one is not hard to do but it's no push button and go.  Kick starting a XLCH Sportster from the same era takes double the effort.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Sykestone8886

• Gosling
« Reply #216 on: October 10, 2019, 05:56:37 PM »
My shovel kicks real easy starts right up if everything is in tune. My 54 pan is easier yet I can start it with my hand pushing the kicker down !!!
54HDFL  73HDFLH. 85HDFLT. 73suzukiTS 250 76hHONDA cb360

Offline MarkMk

• New Egg
« Reply #217 on: October 10, 2019, 08:55:00 PM »
If you got the starting drill figured out.  Kick starting one is not hard to do but it's no push button and go.  Kick starting a XLCH Sportster from the same era takes double the effort.
Total seal gapless rings change the effort involved, Having owned a '77 XLCH, I'm familiar with effort,,this Pan/Shovel requires more,,,,
 But it's always keen to fire, once it rates your kick  :wink:

Offline Penderic

• Hatchling
« Reply #218 on: October 11, 2019, 08:14:11 PM »
There are times when you just HAVE TO blip it!

Otherwise, you would simply kickstart it.

Yes. Following certain steps in sequence, wearing the proper protective and stylish gear whilst engaged in silent prayer that it will start in the first 4 or 5 attempts!

What??:huh: "Tickle your carbs?"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 07:05:53 AM by Penderic »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #219 on: October 11, 2019, 08:54:11 PM »

Well, at least she's got an interesting looking motorcycle and proper boots and gloves.   I don't know how long that thing she's wearing would last in the rain .... ?!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #220 on: October 11, 2019, 08:57:40 PM »
Cool looking muffler!

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here