Author Topic: “The Lighthouse” by Robert Eggers  (Read 570 times)

Offline amamet

• Gaggle Mentor
“The Lighthouse” by Robert Eggers
« on: April 24, 2020, 07:20:49 PM »
If anyone here is into art-house thrillers, this is a fun one. Black and white, fabulous cinematography, 4:3 aspect ratio, great, dramatic acting with old time dialogue (keep the subtitles on). He directed and wrote “the witch” a few years ago. Willem Dafoe is a hoot to watch and listen to.   It’s basically the story of proteus and Prometheus.  Don’t expect a “normal” movie. Symbolism abound and an ending to think about

Offline MotoG5

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: “The Lighthouse” by Robert Eggers
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 07:38:01 PM »
How crazy, my Norwegian brother in law and i have long shared an interest in the art house genre films. He just let me know about The Lighthouse being available on Amazon Prime. I will be checking it out soon. He said it was indeed very different.  :thumb:
Nebraska MGNOC State Rep

Offline amamet

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 08:03:52 PM »
watched it last night, I wasn't kidding about keeping the subtitles on, if you have seen "the witch", he uses period correct dialogue.  its not for everyone but I loved it

Offline MotoG5

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 06:01:39 PM »
Watched it this afternoon. Well worth the time to take it in. Some truly great scenes. Dafoe's mad wild eyed rant was the best. My favorite all time insane film is Erasurehead by David Lynch. The loud machine scenes in this film are much like the ones Lynch used in his work. A tip of the hat maybe?
Nebraska MGNOC State Rep

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 06:01:39 PM »

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here