Author Topic: 2. riding season opened!  (Read 841 times)

Offline Arctic Fox

• Gosling
2. riding season opened!
« on: May 19, 2021, 12:33:15 PM »
I took bike outside yesterday as it has been pretty warm days. Just installed battery. Engine started basically immediately  :bow:
I looked care of battery .... charged it 4 times at winter time ... as some recommended here.

And I rode bike to service. I was bit uncertain in beginning. Anyway ...
* They will install the new tires (80/20) I bought (thread here)
* They will install extra led-lights I bought (thread here)
* They will install adjustable brake and lever clutch I bough (thread here)
... plus few ''small'' things ... :grin:

Can not wait to get it back  :evil:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 12:36:30 PM by Arctic Fox »

Offline Alfetta

• Gosling
Re: 2. riding season opened!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 12:49:13 PM »
my riding season opened on the 11th of April (vintage MX), but i have already missed two venues
my second riding season opens on the 7th of November ( hard enduro), but at my age this is getting to be painfull.

the rest of the time, ill be putting about on the goose...
Nothing much better than a Tannat from the Salta region.

oldbike54

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 02:34:45 PM »
 Go girl  :thumb:

Dusty

Offline pebra

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 08:47:45 AM »
Start of the season!  :thumb:

Hope those changes to your bike are as you hope for, and wish you many happy miles on the Nevada!

Are you planning to go to northern Norway this summer?

Guzzi HTMoto Roadster "Verdina"
2009 Griso 8V "Weißgerät"
Norge-man - introduction #ca 198 shown Guzzi #195

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 08:47:45 AM »

Offline Arctic Fox

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 02:34:53 PM »
Start of the season!  :thumb:

Hope those changes to your bike are as you hope for, and wish you many happy miles on the Nevada!

Are you planning to go to northern Norway this summer?

Not yet. But I will surely try to ride more  :azn:. I'm planning to do several one day trips (between 150km - 300km) now and perhaps couple longer 1 - 2 nights trips. So I will be ready for that long trip summer 2022. Plus --19 will hopefully be fully behind then. Are you Norwegian? Can you understand our dialect of Swedish? How it sounds  :grin:?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arv_h_voWH4
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 02:53:20 PM by Arctic Fox »

Offline pebra

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2021, 03:42:09 PM »
Yes, Norwegian, from Oslo area as it says in my signature  :grin:

Jeg trodde jeg ville forstå din dialekt ganske godt  -  tror aldri jeg har hørt den før, og det er overraskende mye jeg ikke forstår!  :shocked:

Jeg tror alltid at andre skandinaver forstår norsk, men slik er det visst ikke?

Offline Arctic Fox

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2021, 05:02:32 PM »
Yes, Norwegian, from Oslo area as it says in my signature  :grin:

Jeg trodde jeg ville forstå din dialekt ganske godt  -  tror aldri jeg har hørt den før, og det er overraskende mye jeg ikke forstår!  :shocked:

Jeg tror alltid at andre skandinaver forstår norsk, men slik er det visst ikke?

Thanks. Good to know. Yes, I have heard that the dialect is pretty clear. Naturally Finnish has influenced on it here (over all how we pronouce words). Swedes says that I talk like Moomin (if you know those ... books =>  tv-serie)? Probably it is not the most beautiful souding dialect of Swedish but pretty clear. Just like you said.

What comes to other Nordic languages ... for me reading is often easier than listening the real talks. That is especially very true with Danish. Opposite I can not understand ''old Norse'' = Icelandic either written or talked. Norwegian is easier than Danish. Still in my understand you have several dialects there too? Less than in Sweden but maybe 3 or 4? So I'm not sure which one I have heard. Which one your politicians talks?

But good to know ... as being so I will gonna test my language as being in Norway 2022 :). To test in real do we have language barrier or not. Always able to change english if needed :).

Offline pebra

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2021, 03:37:51 AM »
I think I'm able to recognise finlandssvensk, it has an intonation that is different from standard Swedish. And it's easy to understand, just like standard Swedish.
One of my great grandfathers was Swedish, from Värmland, but I've never met him as he died long before I was born.
Spoken Danish is difficult to understand. Like you I cannot understand Old Norse or Icelandic.

But I think the intonation of the dialect in the Youtube link you posted is quite different from "standard finlandssvensk?"
And many words are pronounced differently - so different that I don't understand them!
Very interesting.

I believe Tove Jansson studied painting in Paris when she was young, with a Swiss painter named Adrien Holy.
By coincidence we have several of his paintings at home, I like them very much.
Also like Tove Jansson. I am going to read at least one of her books again, I think Kometjakten and Farlig midtsommer. Mystical, nostalgic and a bit sad?
Göran Schildt's (finlandssvensk) books about his travels on his boat Daphne to, in and around the Mediterranean are among my favourites. That's adventure!

Yes, many dialects in Norway, but only a few are difficult to understand. A few strange words, maybe.
The dialect up north has a lovely intonation, I hope you'll understand it easily - and that they will understand you 😁
I think it's a shame if Scandinavians feel they have to speak English to make themselves understood. Or a bit funny, since English is quite close to us, we share so many words!

Offline Arctic Fox

• Gosling
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2021, 08:06:45 AM »
I think I'm able to recognise finlandssvensk, it has an intonation that is different from standard Swedish. And it's easy to understand, just like standard Swedish.
One of my great grandfathers was Swedish, from Värmland, but I've never met him as he died long before I was born.
Spoken Danish is difficult to understand. Like you I cannot understand Old Norse or Icelandic.

But I think the intonation of the dialect in the Youtube link you posted is quite different from "standard finlandssvensk?"
And many words are pronounced differently - so different that I don't understand them!
Very interesting.

I believe Tove Jansson studied painting in Paris when she was young, with a Swiss painter named Adrien Holy.
By coincidence we have several of his paintings at home, I like them very much.
Also like Tove Jansson. I am going to read at least one of her books again, I think Kometjakten and Farlig midtsommer. Mystical, nostalgic and a bit sad?
Göran Schildt's (finlandssvensk) books about his travels on his boat Daphne to, in and around the Mediterranean are among my favourites. That's adventure!

Yes, many dialects in Norway, but only a few are difficult to understand. A few strange words, maybe.
The dialect up north has a lovely intonation, I hope you'll understand it easily - and that they will understand you 😁
I think it's a shame if Scandinavians feel they have to speak English to make themselves understood. Or a bit funny, since English is quite close to us, we share so many words!

You are right, that video was more like example of dialect which Ålands people ''are assumed'' to talk in history  :evil: .

Here you see the real: woman on the left is from Finland, interviewers opposite from Sweden.
https://youtu.be/_M2Wg8et6W0

Offline pebra

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2021, 05:01:33 PM »
I think I would have guessed she was Finnish.
Sometimes I think it's easier to tell than with this girl, I don't know why.

Would town and country sound different, perhaps?

Offline Arctic Fox

• Gosling
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2021, 12:20:02 AM »
I think I would have guessed she was Finnish.
Sometimes I think it's easier to tell than with this girl, I don't know why.

Would town and country sound different, perhaps?

True.
300years ago 20% of population spoke swedish. It took 200years to halve.
100year ago 10% of population spoke swedish. It took last 100years to halve.
... so here are not many anymore. Basically all in the coast area (Ostobothnia / west coast), Åbo & Åland (south-west), Helsingfors (capital south), Borgå/Lovisa (south-east).

And yes ... dialects variates a bit. Quite natural as those areas are already ''isolated'' from each others. Maybe ''the saddest'' of them (in this mind) is capital area, where swedish language starts to incl. lots of loan words from Finnish (younger generations). Närpes och Jeppis dialects (from Ostrobothnia) are bit special too (on their own ways).

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here