Author Topic: a new Norge  (Read 5364 times)

omaho5

a new Norge
« on: January 20, 2015, 08:46:08 PM »
Well, at 69 and holding,  I may pull the trigger for a 2014 new left over Norge. Being retired and more resposible, this means that my 2012 HD Road King will have to go.
I need some guidance. Advice or therapy appreciatex.

Offline cwiseman

• Gaggle Mentor
    • C&D Motorsports
Re: a new Norge
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 08:50:45 PM »
Two totally different bikes so make sure the Norge fits you and your riding style. And if that makes you happy and have the means to do so then go right ahead. They are a wonderful bike and can cover a lot of miles quickly all day long.

Where ya located?
Moto Guzzi Robinson/C & D Motorsports
618-544-RIDE
Moto Guzzi dealer in South Eastern Illinois
Personal rides 2007 Calvin, 72 Eldo, V7 Classic, 75 RD350, GasGas Pampera 250 + a few others
2-stroke street bike enthusiast

Offline flip

• Gaggle Hero
  • Aprilia Caponord 1200, Aprilia Shiver, gone MG B11
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 08:51:22 PM »
Nice choice, but why do you want to change bikes?
North Carolina

Bill Hagan

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 09:06:42 PM »

What cwiseman said.

If, as I think, your are in N.H., you might think about waiting for the national rally in Swanzey in late June.  Will be lots of Norges there -- including my 2007 firstgen version.  Any number of us would likely be happy to let you demo even if no dealers show.

The contrast between a Norge and RK is vast.  I like RK's, but hard to even think of those in same vein as a Norge.

Oh, never mind.  Wait to June?  Am I nuts?  We're talking motorcycles and lust here, not common sense and good judgment.   ;D

Seriously, do try to get in a demo before you jump. 

Best wishes,

Bill

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 09:06:42 PM »

omaho5

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 09:11:05 PM »
The Road King is a wonderful motorcycle.last year I took a 6000 mile tour on it . There is something about the Norge that
calls fo me.

omaho5

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 09:15:46 PM »
I dl not believe that there will be any new 2014's still available then price is RIGHT. If you care to know the $$$, PM me.

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 06:07:37 AM »
The new dealer in Buffalo NY has a white 14 on the floor.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 08:24:26 AM »
I have a 2011 and love it. A few thoughts however. You need to be in reasonably good shape as it takes a pretty good leg lift and swing to get on it (I have a 32" inseam). Be sure that you can fairly easily get the bike on and off the center stand. It is quite a bit more difficult than my T-3. I have not rode a RK but I will guess that the Norge "locks" you into a more specific riding position than the RK. I am 59 and so far I do not find that a problem for me but others have mentioned it. You need to be able to "manhandle" it at parking lot speeds and when doing parking maneuvers. The bike is very easy to seriously break the speed limit as it is smooth with effortless power. Watch your speed closely the first few hundred miles.  P:) I changed windscreens to the medium Cal/Sci, which I consider a significant improvement over the stock screen. The first few hundred miles check tupperware, windscreen fasteners, and the fasteners that hold the plate on the rear of the muffler and the center stand bolts before each ride. I had to retighten many of those a few times and used locktite on the muffler cap bolts. Now everything seems to stay in place.
Take advantage of a lengthy test ride if you can on a 8V model as there were many changes over the first generation. Really, I love the bike and once rolling handles great and is very stable at any speed. I have had mine up to 140 mph indicated with bags and trunk on and it was rock solid. Oh, one last thing don't trust the average gas mileage display as it seems to be about 25% optimistic. Check your mileage at fill ups at first to see how it compares. YMMV.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Joe A.

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 02:21:25 PM »
The new dealer in Buffalo NY has a white 14 on the floor.

I just spoke to Mike about that bike also, I'm in the same boat as the OP, just not with an RK.

Offline pyoungbl

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 02:42:15 PM »
The RK is a nice motorcycle, smooth running and comfortable.  The Norge will be much more sporting; meaning that it has better acceleration, brakes, and cornering.  My Norge was a wonderful bike but I felt too much like I was sitting down into the bike.  The Stelvio solved that problem.  The RK I had was a 'rolling couch' by comparison to either Guzzi.

Be advised, if you enjoy the huge accessory catalog that comes with a Harley you will find far fewer options with any Guzzi. 

Peter Y.

Oh, and I'm 68 so not a spring chicken
Growing old ain't for sissies.

'13 V7 Special (red/white)

Offline rtbickel

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 02:46:52 PM »
Why be responsible?   Your grandchildren really don't need the money!
2020 V85TT
2002 California Special Sport - The Black Widow
2014 California Touring - Stealth (Gone but not forgotten)

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 07:14:40 PM »
  . There is something about the Norge that
calls fo me.
that's not noise, it's a mechanical symphony!
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here