General Category > General Discussion

The essence of a ride.

(1/2) > >>

johnr:
I follow a photographic blog. The guy who posts them is not putting one up next week because he is off for a ride. I resonated with what he said about it and thought I would share.

"I'm off to feel the warmth of the sun on my leather jacket and see a shadow of my bike and me stretched out in front of me, with the tarmac rolling back under my bike, the smell of long dried Canterbury pastureland wafting up into my helmet, and the shimmer of the heat haze in front. Singing in my helmet and laughing like a mad bastard, because that's where I am  and not anywhere else. Knowing that the only thing in my future is that beer on that bar in that pub, some where up there." (Grant Vinten)

There is usually a good splattering of often interesting Guzzis in the blog.  If you are interested in having a look (its a fairly eclectic collection this week) it's here.  
http://v2guzzi.blogspot.co.nz/2015/02/a-veritable-potpourri-of-images-this.html?spref=fb

oldbike54:
That was interesting  ;-T

Dusty

lucydad:
John,

Can't argue with that.  Man I would love a poster of one of those red Guzzi racers.

Shadow watching while riding is indeed interesting. 

johnr:
Well here are a couple of pics he posted last week that appealed to me.

But mainly, I posted because I liked the imagery that he created with his writing. Love to read some more good ones that seem to describe what often seems indescribable.

AH Fan:

--- Quote from: johnr on February 12, 2015, 11:42:52 AM ---Well here are a couple of pics he posted last week that appealed to me.

But mainly, I posted because I liked the imagery that he created with his writing. Love to read some more good ones that seem to describe what often seems indescribable.

That bottom pic two valver speaks to me ............ any other info?   

Ciao

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version