Author Topic: Guzzidiag help..I  (Read 8120 times)

AGRO!

Guzzidiag help..I
« on: May 19, 2015, 05:48:26 AM »
I've just got my guzzidiag cable today and it works fine I can check setting but my problem is that the ecu on my v7II is MiuG3 so I cant down load map from my bike so was wondering if maybe someone might know a trick or two?
Was wondering if the 5am might work?
Thanks in advance ;-T

Vasco DG

Re: Guzzidiag help..I
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 06:08:55 AM »
No, at the moment I believe, (Paul will confirm?) the MiUG3 hasn't been cracked coding wise. Simple re-sets, high shouldn't be needed, are achievable but re-mapping with this resource isn't yet available.

Mark and I are hoping to be able to garner the needed information soon and send it to Paul and Beard to work on, along with 7SM info, but you have to realise we are all holding down full time jobs and have to eat. Mark can't drop everything and drive 350km each way whenever I have a suitable bike to use for analysis and data gathering.

Anybody who is willing to pay his hourly rate and unpaid leave rates and negotiate with his employer for time off and add in hours for me and the blokes in Europe? Knock yer selves out! But you won't like the bill! :D

Obviously we want to crack this, but we ain't a 'Big Buck' operation and those that are don't care.

Pete

AGRO!

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 06:14:15 AM »
Hey thanks Pete the main thing I wanted to do was turn the 02 sensors off.

Vasco DG

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 06:23:22 AM »
To do that you'll need a version of 'Reader' and 'Writer' and the ability to modify the map with Tunerpro or similar. There isn't a 'Magic Button' and most likely you'll end up with a too rich map anyway.

There is also the matter of the semi-ride by wire system that may throw a whole load of other sand in the cogs. I don't know, as I freely admit this is NOT my area of expertise.

Pete

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 06:23:22 AM »

AGRO!

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 06:28:09 AM »
To do that you'll need a version of 'Reader' and 'Writer' and the ability to modify the map with Tunerpro or similar. There isn't a 'Magic Button' and most likely you'll end up with a too rich map anyway.

There is also the matter of the semi-ride by wire system that may throw a whole load of other sand in the cogs. I don't know, as I freely admit this is NOT my area of expertise.

Pete
You made me laugh! May throw a whole load of other sand in the cog's LOL!

beetle

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 06:13:20 PM »
At this time, ReXXer are the only option to fiddle with the M3 ECU.

AGRO!

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 08:42:45 AM »
At this time, ReXXer are the only option to fiddle with the M3 ECU.
What is so stupid with rexxer is that's its locked to your bikes ecu.
So you can't even use the thing on any of your mates v7s me thinks its just another scam.
For $600 you would expect better.

beetle

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 04:05:42 PM »
Er..it's a commercial product. Technically, sharing it with your mate probably violates your agreement with Rexxer when you purchase. So, not a scam, just business.

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 04:13:55 PM »
well, if someone buys or has an rexxer for v7 or cali, with that we can see what it does and make a reader and writer for the rest of the v7 world.  
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 04:14:36 PM by pauldaytona »
Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Vasco DG

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 04:33:52 PM »
Still working on this Paul. It's just a matter of getting a bike, the software and Mark over to Bungendore at the same time.... :D

Pete

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 04:55:01 PM »
Still working on this Paul. It's just a matter of getting a bike, the software and Mark over to Bungendore at the same time.... :D

Pete

When Mark makes you an Y adapter for the supeperseal connector, and he shows you how it is done, you can do it yourself.
One on the wanted list: resetting the service warning on cali 1400
Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

AGRO!

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 05:17:06 PM »
Er..it's a commercial product. Technically, sharing it with your mate probably violates your agreement with Rexxer when you purchase. So, not a scam, just business.
What about when you are done with the rexxer ? You can't even sell it as its locked to your bike but if you send it to rexxer for a fee they will unlock it. Not a scam? LOL!

Offline Gunnar

• New Egg
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 01:45:10 PM »
Hi,

I´m new on this forum and new to the Guzzi family as well. I recently got a V7 II stone, the first thing I did before delivery was to change the rims to spoked ones from the Special. Since then I have just been looking at ways to improve sound, looks and performance, but not actually made any further physical changes. However I just ordered the cables to connect the bike to Guzzidiag, and later saw here that I won´t be able to up or download the mapping, nor make many changes yet, doh!  :violent1: So, I was wondering if you clever programmers have come up with a way to talk to the V7 II ECU yet?

I´m based in Spain, my Guzzi shop in Malaga have very little clue about the bike, but they are very handy around a Vespa :). So I´d rather take things in my own hands to try to sort out an issue I have with the bike stalling going down steepish hills in first gear as soon as I dip the clutch. I am guessing that it might be a fuelling issue and my first attempt at correcting the issue was going to be to disable the Lambda sensors. When I asked the Vespa experts yesterday (after they spent an entire day to change a faulty gasket ring on the final shaft drive) they just shrugged their shoulders and said that they could check for a mapping update if I could give them a call, as then when perhaps the computer is back in working order, maybe next week, if the weather cools down a little (not very likely to happen in Southern Spain in end of July).

Anyway, I´m sorry about my long rant. I love my new bike, I would just like to improve it a bit, to where it really should have been when it left the factory :)
Gunnar

2015 Moto Guzzi V7 II Stone
2017 KTM 1090 Adventure R

beetle

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 06:12:33 PM »
So, I was wondering if you clever programmers have come up with a way to talk to the V7 II ECU yet?

No. Wait.

AGRO!

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2015, 08:17:23 PM »
If your going to put after market pipes on your bike I would suggest you get a new map using the rexxer.
Yes if you look at my other post I was complaining about the rexxer but at the moment you really have no other choice.
Also there are no updates from Moto Guzzi even the moto guzzi Diagnostic's tool is very limited in what it can adjust its that limited that the 02 sensors can't even be turned off.
As for the bike cutting out just take your bike back to the dealer and get them to do a TPS reset it only takes a few minuites then see what happens from there.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 08:18:39 PM by AGRO! »

Offline Gunnar

• New Egg
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2015, 08:36:12 AM »
After market pipes are on my list, rexxer would be nice to have but unfortunately it´s not within my budget, especially not if it´s limited to one bike only. I´m also not sure that a remap would be needed after changing pipes. From what I have read, many people change the pipes without changing the mappin. A TPS reset might help my issue with the bike stalling and may only take a couple of minutes, but the dealer is a two hour drive away and I´m not even convinced that they would be able to even perform a simple task like that.

I´ll wait :)
Gunnar

2015 Moto Guzzi V7 II Stone
2017 KTM 1090 Adventure R

AGRO!

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2015, 09:36:52 AM »
If you do buy the rexxer they have as of the end of last month added TPS reset for  the V7II.
If you run after market pipes with db killers its ok with stock map.
Im running short pipes with no db killers and I could tell my bike was lean so I ended up with rexxer map and bikes goes really well.

Offline sib

• Gaggle Hero
  • Location: Smallest state, 221 times smaller than Texas, often compared to the size of an oil slick, forest fire, or ice sheet
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2015, 09:56:50 AM »
... Not a scam? LOL!
Well, if what they sell is accurately advertised, it's not a scam.  You may not agree with the company's policy, but that's another issue entirely.  Nothing lowers prices and improves value as effectively as competition.  That's what's lacking here, for the time being.
Current: 2021 V7 Stone E5
Previous: 2016 V7II Stone
Previous: 2013 V7 Stone
Several decades ago: 1962? Honda CB77 Super Hawk

AGRO!

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2015, 10:35:41 AM »
Well, if what they sell is accurately advertised, it's not a scam.  You may not agree with the company's policy, but that's another issue entirely.  Nothing lowers prices and improves value as effectively as competition.  That's what's lacking here, for the time being.
What upsets me with rexxer is that you can only use it on your bike.
When I had my Super Duke I was using Tuneecu plus i ended up with a Pcv and auto tune.
The great thing with that set up was I could share maps with other forum members plus check other maps and try them out till I got the best set up.
The best thing with rexxer is its not a piggy back unit like the power commander but if you want to build your own maps with rexxer its going to cost a lot of money and this is what i think is wrong.
Its just a matter of time till you can use guzzidiag on the V7 II so in a way rexxer has shot themselves in the foot. LOL!
So Power commander once you buy the unit you can build your own maps,Tuneecu is free and you can build your own maps. Im not sure about Tune boy? But you get were im coming from :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

beetle

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2015, 04:52:57 PM »
FFS! Rexxer is a commercial enterprise. They don't want you to share maps. They're in it for the money. Guzzi is likely less than 1/2 percent of their business. Good on 'em I say.

I expect you download movies illegally and use pirated software too.

AGRO!

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2015, 07:37:12 PM »
FFS! Rexxer is a commercial enterprise. They don't want you to share maps. They're in it for the money. Guzzi is likely less than 1/2 percent of their business. Good on 'em I say.

I expect you download movies illegally and use pirated software too.
You sound like a rexxer employee?
Plus your wrong about downloading movies and pirated software.
I think you need to apologise!
Thats right! You don't apologise... Says a lot about a persons credibility.   

beetle

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2015, 01:28:58 AM »
Tee hee. Well, as one of the people helping to crack the V7 ECU, I'll keep your selfish thieving attitude in mind. Have a nice life.

AGRO!

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2015, 04:37:40 AM »
Tee hee. Well, as one of the people helping to crack the V7 ECU, I'll keep your selfish thieving attitude in mind. Have a nice life.
You make me laugh! Your the one trying to crack the ecu but you reckon I'm the thief. Clown!

Vasco DG

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2015, 04:49:00 AM »
Hmmm? I don't see Mark shilling for anybody. Nor is he selling anything! Time for a bit of looking at places I haven't looked at for a while methinks.... As soon as Power Commander is mentioned the antennae go up :D

Pete

beetle

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2015, 04:55:14 AM »
Yep. He's a troll.

Vasco DG

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2015, 05:15:09 AM »
(Sigh!) How dull.

Offline kirb

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2015, 09:36:50 AM »
You make me laugh! Your the one trying to crack the ecu but you reckon I'm the thief. Clown!

Sigh....

Rexxer's plan is to sell the service that, up until Guzzidiag, was the only game in town for DIY. You do have options- go the single bike route AS DESCRIBED before you bought the unit ~OR~ go to a dealer with a full Rexxer rig (AF1 racing) and have them tune it or tweak it to your specs. Scam? Nope. It's the way they came up with to prevent product theft. I have another bike software program very much like Guzzidiag that is locked to the ECU. You can use it on other ECUs for the same brand, but you pay a fee for each one. It's the only game in town for this obsolete bike, so the price is cheap.

Another option was to pay for the 'flash' with PCV/autotune or go PCV on your own.

The very helpful people who came up with Guzzidiag allowed this to be a shareware type thing. These are dedicated people who are donating a ton of time for very little return. Some do it willingly despite the naysayers would will bitch at a free meal.

Offline organfixsing

• Hatchling
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 06:56:12 PM »
Vasco, do you need a Tee off the bike connector. I can make one, I have the three pin AMP connectors and could put a different connection than the AMP connector on the Tee off, if required. Just need to know the sex of the Tee off connector.

Cheers
Brian
If you remove the wings of a fly, does that make it a walk?

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2015, 07:05:31 PM »
He's taking a sabbatical from WG.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here