Author Topic: Update on my Norge  (Read 1244 times)

Online Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
Update on my Norge
« on: February 24, 2016, 05:58:16 PM »
Curtis Harper called today and at this point here is how things appear to be as I understand. Concerning the tappets. etc. Pretty much perfect looking on one side and and a bit of discoloring on the other. They have sent on photos to see what is to be determined.
 Concerning the oil leak, was loose fittings of the oil feed lines. Sounded like there were also some other loose fasteners in the upper engine area, sorry no details. That all would have been factory issues.They checked and tightened everything up and Curtis was going to ride it a bit.
Hopefully all this will just make for good campfire stories in the future and many more years of relatively reliable and fun riding here on out. It is a wonderful riding machine in so many ways! :thumb:
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

twowings

Re: Update on my Norge
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 07:03:16 PM »
Hope it's all good news from here on!  What a shame to have such a sweet riding bike and be without it....

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 09:56:07 PM »
Sounds like good news compared to what it could have been! :thumb:
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 04:05:57 AM »
Tell you the truth, it sounds as if the DLC coating is beginning to go. It will not stop. Of course if either side shows signs of wear, they both get changed. I am in the process of getting the C kit for the Stelvio as we speak. Of course that is the one that is the most labor intensive to replace. Oh well. I like the bike enough, so I'm looking forward to getting it fixed.

John Henry

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 04:05:57 AM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here