Author Topic: Bikes to grow old with  (Read 7379 times)

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Bikes to grow old with
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2016, 04:12:30 PM »
We are sick for sure!!! :-)

After 350K on Beemers, of which at least 250K on oil heads, I have always found them up to any task I  have ever put them to.

Like a good friend, they seemed to always be there, ready to go.

I choose a Guzzi for my last classic and have developed good relationship and understanding of its weak, as well as strong points.

Felt the same way with aircraft I have owned but not so much cars.

I will ware the roundel without regret.

:-)

Boring is good with airplane engines.. :smiley: Oh, I know that Bavarian Money Wasters (ducking and running)  :smiley: are reliable enough.. they just don't talk to *me*. I took the Aero Lario out this afternoon 73 degrees!! In the first week of March!! and enjoyed every minute of it. When I pulled back into the Guzzi Garage (tm) the sound was intoxicating. I thought, "Man! I love this engine." Never have felt that way with a Beemer.
That said, I was mostly pulling Dusty's chain.  :wink:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

oldbike54

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2016, 06:08:33 PM »
 Seems we have a couple of pilots suffering from oxygen deprivation . I recognize it from my military training .

Dusty

kirby1923

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2016, 07:04:39 PM »
Smile when you say that partner.

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2016, 07:23:43 PM »
Cheers! To you, sir. I was hoping to maybe meet you this spring, but alas...
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2016, 07:23:43 PM »

kirby1923

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2016, 07:43:51 AM »
Cheers! To you, sir. I was hoping to maybe meet you this spring, but alas...

Yeah me too.

I am not 100% sure that I will pull that one off as we have been hard at the task but its looking better.
Sooner or later it will happen for sure!

adieu!

Online Travlr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2016, 08:06:53 AM »
Yeah, the Mighty Scura.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: When I get too old to ride it I'll throw on a sidecar on mine and ride it some more.
1991 Moto Guzzi LeMans 5
1977 BMW R100S

Offline Trogladyte

• Gosling
  • Location: South London - home of the world's best football team.
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2016, 05:22:42 PM »
I dearly wish I still had the dear old Le Mans III.

But what I do still have are the remains of the BSA B25SS Gold Star - I have the engine, the frame, and a rear wheel, and a few other random bits like yokes, bars, and tank. I also still have the Norton 16H - all together, but needs a dynamo and magneto rebuild, which it is taking a while to get round to. I don't plan to part with either of them. The BSA is a project for when I retire.

Also in the garage is an Aprilia RRV450GP which my son was racing until our race project finally ran out of the ability to borrow more money about a year ago. And my Griso. But I don't think I'll be growing old with either of them.

Other than the Le Mans, the only bikes I really wish I still had are the Morini 3 1/2 Sport, which I made the mistake of giving to a girlfriend while under the illusion that she was a keeper  :cry:, and the BMW R80ST, which was a surprisingly lovely urban hooligan tool  :bike-037:, and which met a similar fate to the Le Mans.

HardAspie

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2016, 07:07:50 PM »
Plus my human powered Giant Escape 2W - that I have set up so nicely for my use. A keeper.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here