Author Topic: Zero  (Read 8823 times)

Offline atavar

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Zero
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2016, 11:24:33 AM »
Yeah that's been stated, can you explain why?
With a single wheel drive motorcycle all the torque is applied at the rear wheel, which will tend to raise the front of the chassis.  In an AWD configuration the primary drive will be the front wheel.  The torque applied at the front wheel will tend to push the back of the chassis down as there is nothing forward of the front axle to lift.
In extreme cases if the rear axle is able to overcome the front and break traction there probably/may be a control to limit torque at the rear.
Wiser heads than I may correct me or fill in the gaps.
2008 Norge - Black Wing Squadron

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2016, 08:48:27 PM »
With a single wheel drive motorcycle all the torque is applied at the rear wheel, which will tend to raise the front of the chassis.  In an AWD configuration the primary drive will be the front wheel.  The torque applied at the front wheel will tend to push the back of the chassis down as there is nothing forward of the front axle to lift.
In extreme cases if the rear axle is able to overcome the front and break traction there probably/may be a control to limit torque at the rear.
Wiser heads than I may correct me or fill in the gaps.

How would the front wheel be the primary drive? Computer technology would link the two drives and assess and change the amount of energy that drives the front wheel. That equation would change in realtime as road conditions and speed would be imputed into the drive motors.
Red 90 Mille GT

Offline atavar

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2016, 11:47:43 AM »
How would the front wheel be the primary drive? Computer technology would link the two drives and assess and change the amount of energy that drives the front wheel. That equation would change in realtime as road conditions and speed would be imputed into the drive motors.
I have no idea how they program their units but every other AWD system I have had the pleasure of dealing with has applied more than half of the power available to the front axles.  I assume (yeah I know) that this would be similar.
2008 Norge - Black Wing Squadron

Offline SeanF

• Gosling
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2016, 01:14:00 PM »
[It's Friday...let's do this.]  :evil:

Why all the resistance to electric motorcycles?

[One per post, please!]

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2016, 01:14:00 PM »

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2016, 01:18:38 PM »
I have no idea how they program their units but every other AWD system I have had the pleasure of dealing with has applied more than half of the power available to the front axles.  I assume (yeah I know) that this would be similar.
[/quote

Are you talking about AWD cars or AWD motorcycles that you have driven? And were they electric or gas/diesel driven?  It is much harder to make a variable speed drive gas powered car than it would be to an AWD 2 wheel electric motorcycle. And would there be a need for a AWD to have a variable speeds ratio front to rear? On a MC it would be an absolute necessity if the design would be AWD electric. I can imagine the technology is there to do it. Power consumption might be the draw back but I think handling an AWD in the twisties would be quite something to experience.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:19:24 PM by redrider90 »
Red 90 Mille GT

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2016, 01:21:20 PM »

[One per post, please!]

Distance to recharge and recharge stations.
Red 90 Mille GT

Offline Nic in Western NYS

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2016, 01:25:29 PM »

[One per post, please!]
Everyone needs to mellow out and meditate.  On the count of three, one - two -three..

OHM.....
'04 Ducati ST4sABS
Fondly remembered Geese: LeMans V, Sport 1100, Centauro, Breva 1100

oldbike54

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2016, 01:30:44 PM »
  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Electric vehicles are the ultimate form of democracy , everyone gets a "volt"  :grin:

Dusty

canuguzzi

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2016, 01:51:51 PM »

[One per post, please!]

Because many have never ridden a good electric motorcycle, apply unrealistic must haves not related to the purpose of the electric bike and live in areas where they don't have charging stations.

Or, the  comparative expectations are something like a Zero to other bikes not within the same class or design intent. You see it all the time, hey, let's compare the V7 to the Kawasaki KLR and then use roads as the basis for comparison. Notice it doesn't include anything more than nicely graded gravel roads but never much approaching any real off road riding.

Take the Zero and then consider a large city and maybe even a common commute with some weekend fun thrown in. The Zero can handle all of that.

Then there is expense. Start adding up maintenance and unless you do your own, the price of an e-motorcycle doesn't look so bad.

oldbike54

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2016, 01:53:09 PM »
 Humor escapes some folks  :rolleyes:

Dusty

canuguzzi

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2016, 01:59:05 PM »
It sure does.

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2016, 02:01:55 PM »
A powerful bike that won't wheelie could be powered by energy thrust like the ones in the third star wars movie.  They had instant acceleration and the ability to change direction without skidding.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline Nic in Western NYS

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2016, 02:10:44 PM »
There's an interesting arc to this thread.
'04 Ducati ST4sABS
Fondly remembered Geese: LeMans V, Sport 1100, Centauro, Breva 1100

oldbike54

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2016, 02:18:38 PM »
There's an interesting arc to this thread.

Some here are "insulated" from funny .

Dusty

canuguzzi

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2016, 02:30:04 PM »
Some just think they are. :wink:

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2016, 02:46:29 PM »
I must say now that I have awoken from my drugged slumber after taking quite a spill this AM (my :thewife: accidentally pulled a chair out from under me as I was just getting ready to sit on it! She claims is was an accident.  :grin:) I took quite a hit. It felt like every bit of 6'5" of me managed to hit the hardwood floor.) Anyhow now I get it. "Resistance" is futile. I am assimilated. It was quite a "shock" when I hit the floor.
Red 90 Mille GT

oldbike54

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2016, 02:50:46 PM »
I must say now that I have awoken from my drugged slumber after taking quite a spill this AM (my :thewife: accidentally pulled a chair out from under me as I was just getting ready to sit on it! She claims is was an accident.  :grin:) I took quite a hit. It felt like every bit of 6'5" of me managed to hit the hardwood floor.) Anyhow now I get it. "Resistance" is futile. I am assimilated. It was quite a "shock" when I hit the floor.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So you're saying someone flipped a switch and energized your humor circuit?

Dusty

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2016, 03:02:56 PM »
Geez Harvey, I hope your streak of bad luck is over now!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:03:03 PM by Triple Jim »
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2016, 03:53:48 PM »
Humor escapes some folks  :rolleyes:

Dusty

Some are born without a personality, other's have them removed through elective surgery :grin:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

oldbike54

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2016, 04:20:03 PM »

[One per post, please!]

Everyone needs to mellow out and meditate.  On the count of three, one - two -three..

OHM.....

Well anyway , I think you guys are funny  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2016, 08:05:12 PM »
Geez Harvey, I hope your streak of bad luck is over now!

I do not know Jim. This is a photo of the left foot after a tug of war with my 7 month old puppy last Monday.
I was only using my left hand cause my right wrist is fractured as you know. Well I am not sure how this happened but the dog either jumped up on me using my left foot or landed on it after I won the tug of war. I came in the house and thought my 2nd and 3rd toes hurt. I took off my shoe and they were already swollen with blood. I figured the dog landed on my foot and broke a blood blood vessel. The next morning my foot looked like this. I do not think it it fractured but it makes a funny noises where it is swollen.

As for my wife, she told me the printer was jammed. I had the chair sitting there and she thought I was going to squat down to work on the printer and I thought I was going to sit on the chair. For some strange reason she pulled the chair without asking me if I was going to sit in it. She just thought I was going to squat and pulled it just as my a$$ hit the seat and down I went. Jeeze Louise what's a man to do. I just ordered some parts for the Goose thinking that I am getting close to getting on it again and now I am sore and busted up from all sorts of weird things. My Karma ain't so good.
Mercury was in retrograde but that is now gone and things should have improved.
Red 90 Mille GT

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2016, 07:48:57 PM »
Well, definitely TMI, but I hope you have a better day.. :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here