Author Topic: Report: '13 V7 Stone ECU Map Update  (Read 1495 times)

Offline zokn

• New Egg
Report: '13 V7 Stone ECU Map Update
« on: June 10, 2016, 06:25:27 AM »
I've ridden over 1000 km since updating my '13 V7 Stone to the latest map. I am very pleased with the results. Particularly, the elimination of the need to wait for the bike to warm up and improved smooth running. (Most of those km's were on a longish weekend meander, two-up, from our home near Halifax down the South Shore to Yarmouth, then up to Annapolis Royal before crossing the province to home, mostly on secondary and back roads with some lousy pavement and a few dirt road shortcuts, and a bit of highway at 110+ kph. I've also done a couple of commuter type trips to Halifax and then jogged the bike around the city, stop and go, errands, etc.)

Previously, I would start the bike, put in my ear plugs, zipper up my jacket, put on my helmet, poke in my glasses, put on my gloves -- well, you get the picture: I would spend a few minutes wasting time to let the engine warm up. If I didn't, the bike would stall unless revved very high when pulling away for the first time. Sometimes, even if revved high, it would still stall at the end of my driveway (300 feet) when I let the throttle go to idle revs. That no longer happens.

Now, I can get all garbed up, most the bike, hit the starter button and drive off immediately. This is particularly nice if I've parked in a busy area, like near a sidewalk cafe.

I find the bike runs much smoother between 3000 and 4500 rpm. This wasn't a big problem - it didn't really run badly or too roughly, but now it is smoother, has better response when accelerating in this range, regardless of load, being two-up with cargo, on an incline, etc.

Around town, the bike is happy in traffic, waiting for lights, etc., with no sign of overheating or rough idling, but it was not very hot here the last couple of weeks.

So, all in all, I'm much happier with the bike now that the new map is installed.

I could not have done this without wildguzzi.com. The help from others here, particularly Beetle, was instrumental in enabling me to upgrade my bike's ECU map. One of the appealing things for my about this bike is that I can do all the servicing it requires, but I come from an old brit bike background and electronic fuel injection is a long way from drying out cork carb floats in the wood stove's warming oven!

Here's where I started this project:   http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=81414.msg1323756#msg1323756

Stephen
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 10:20:41 AM by zokn »
Stephen

Nova Scotia, Canada

2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
1975 BMW R90/6 (sold)

Previously: several BSAs, Lambretta 150 with a Bambino sidecar, 1978 Honda 550, 1985 BMW K100RT, 1996 Ducati Multistrada

Online Dave Swanson

• Gaggle Hero
  • Northern Illinois USA
Re: Report: '13 V7 Stone ECU Map Update
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 10:04:10 AM »
Thanks for the update.  There are some great things going on at WG.
Dave Swanson - Northern IL
1935 GTS
1968 V700
1973 V7 Sport
1974 Eldo
1974 Police Eldo
1976 Convert
1977 Lemans 1.2
1980 T3 California
1993 1000S - Sparklehorse
2004 V11S - Eraldo-ized
2016 Griso SE - Beetle-ized
2021 V7-850 Stone Centenario
2022 V85TT Guardia d'Onore
2023 V100S

MGNOC L-780

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here