Author Topic: Speaking of "maps"  (Read 1228 times)

oldbike54

Speaking of "maps"
« on: October 17, 2016, 01:49:32 PM »
 I haven't been keeping up with the latest developments re Guzzi maps . Beetle or Pete , any new developments ? Does the new Stornello require a special version ?

Dusty

beetle

Re: Speaking of "maps"
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 02:41:51 PM »
Mostly been working on V7 variant maps. Still no news re the 1400, unfortunately. I'm looking for a volunteer with a V9, if anyone is interested. Re the Stornello, Guzzi being Guzzi , they've used the the 2-2 map for the Arrow 2-1. So far I've encountered one with the older 795 map, and one with the 796 map.  :violent1:  Anyhoo, got a good working map for the Storny now.

Pete's still swanning through Europe.  :boozing:

pete roper

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 04:52:10 PM »
But I stop swanning next Monday and its nose back to the grindstone.

The 'Rude Mechanicals' are my side, I defer to Mark on anything map related. I do think we'll have a couple of challenges to deal with soon though.

Firstly there is the mapping issues for the Stornello due to its 2-1 pipe and different header length. Then there is a weird issue with some 8V's running into a brick wall at 6,800 rpm. Good news is Michael has now got a customer with a Stelvio that is doing this so rather than it just being diagnosis via internet we can actually get some 'Hands On' and find out the cause. I know there's at least one bloke here and on the Ghetto with, I think, a Norge with the same problem.

Then the fun bit is going to be the single spark 1400 engine. Due to an unexplained price drop I've bought some big jugs for an 8V. I doubt this will be a simple 'Drop in' mod but I've got all the makings of a couple of 8V's and access to the stuff to make a big, single spark, W5AM controlled engine happen. Will it work? Will it be worth it? Buggered if I know? But it'll be damned good fun finding out.

I'm planning on being retired in three years. If I can make this work it'll be my swansong! I reckon a 100hp/90ft/lbs donk in a Griso would be awesome! If expensive on tyre's! :evil:

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 05:15:37 PM »
I'm planning on being retired in three years. If I can make this work it'll be my swansong! I reckon a 100hp/90ft/lbs donk in a Griso would be awesome! If expensive on tyre's! :evil:

:popcorn: :popcorn:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 05:15:37 PM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here