Author Topic: Some perspective . A note from the mods .  (Read 10261 times)

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Some perspective . A note from the mods .
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2016, 02:55:23 PM »
Jeez Britman, that was well put. I thought the only place I could get a breath of fresh air was on the bike... Damn, first time I've ever been wrong !!! Welcome, Huzo.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 03:00:56 PM by Huzo »

oldbike54

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2016, 03:52:41 PM »
 Yes , well said britman  :thumb:

Would like to add something here . The culture on WG is amazing , and that is the important issue at hand . The Admins and Mods are simply custodians , well , except for Luap , who did create this place, and selflessly gives of his time to make sure WG's "mechanics" run so flawlessly . In all of the years that motorbikes have been central to my existence I have never encountered a group as supportive and decent as this bunch . A recent event really brought that home to me , won't mention the person involved , he knows who he is  :bow:

Dusty

Offline RANDM

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2016, 06:34:11 AM »
Yeah mate that's about it. I wondered the other day about this gravity thing and it's influence on beaut things like long drops. If everything is attracted to the centre of the Earth then anything that was released would head off toward the Earth's core and congregate at that point, even stuff that left from the other side !!! Not a good place to be for sure, and pretty hot I'm told old bean...

If your thinking about the influence of Gravity on Longdrops
think about what might happen when the Polarity of the
Earth changes!!!

Maurie.

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2016, 11:21:11 AM »
If your thinking about the influence of Gravity on Longdrops
think about what might happen when the Polarity of the
Earth changes!!!

Maurie.
Eeewww ! Brown volcanoes.... Good old Aussie toilet humour.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2016, 11:21:11 AM »

Offline RANDM

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2016, 02:37:26 PM »
 :rolleyes:

Offline davedel44

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2016, 05:27:39 AM »
New guy here, both to the Guzzi brand and fourm, so I was wondering if this is the right time to bring up what is the best brand of oil to use in my Bassa?  Thought that might help lighten the mood a bit, nothing like a good oil thread to form Hatfield and McCoy feuds within the first five posts. 

Seriously I would just like to comment on what I have found so far in Goose ownership and the members of this forum.  I have never seen such a group willing to help, give advice, or at least point you in right direction with such kindness and character.  When I was searching for a bike in the Moto Guzzi lineup I met a number of owners on line who went out of their way to help me find the right machine. I am nothing but pleased, both with the bike and the friends I have met along the way.  As a large number of you here I am getting a little long in the tooth. Hopefully those added years have made me a wee bit wiser when you post on one of these forums.  It could also be having spent 32 years in law enforcement and observing what horrendous things humans can do to each other that make me consider forum fights nothing but trivial, regardless of the topic. ( I did receive a suspension on another unnamed British bike forum for my comment about a fellow member setting out bowls of anti-freeze for neighborhood cats, we all slip now and then.)

Finally to all those injured, suffering from dreaded big C and the host of other debilitating miladies out there, my prayers go out each and everyone and their families.  We just spent out final Thanksgiving with my favorite Brother-in-law, he is in stage four and there are no other treatments available. 

Again from a newbie, thanks to the moderators of this outstanding forum for their time and contributions, and I truly hope everyone has a joyful Christmas Holiday.......

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the well worded and thoughtful post. 

I encourage you to attend some of the rallys.  They are an excellent way to meet some more Guzzisti.

Welcome again,

Dave
Galveston
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

oldbike54

« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2016, 05:37:19 AM »
 Mornin' brother Dave .

Dusty

Offline davedel44

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2016, 06:25:01 AM »
Mornin' brother Dave .

Dusty

Morning Dusty,

Early to bed early to rise makes man healthy, wealthy and wise.
Hey two outta three ain't bad.

Dave
Galveston
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here