Author Topic: [photo] Bobbed the Stelvio's Tail -- Dust Covers Available for the Mount Points?  (Read 2108 times)

Bonaventure

Removed the rear rack, like the bobbed look better.  Are there any possibilities for caps or weather covers for the mount points, probably not but wanted to run it by those here who know this stuff in their sleep. 

Short of that I'll probably get some xtra short cap bolts to put in the mount bolt holes.  Hopefully the parts diagram reveals the thread pitch and sizing of the OEM mount bolts so can source some stubby's w/ same specs.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:06:47 PM by Bonaventure »

Offline bettythebear

• Gaggle Mentor
It looks like the same grab bar as the Norge, so there is a part that covers those areas. Was your rear rack the two metal rods that had the decorative cap over them?
2011 MG v7 Classic
2020 Husqvarna Vitpilen 401

Offline Don G

• Gaggle Hero
I did the same thing on my 09 model, just threw a large sheepskin cover on the seat and it was long enough to cover that up.  DonG

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
It's very likely that part #GU05464830 - the trim cover from the Norge - would work. It's cheap enough - only $5 or so from AF1 or other sources. I might even have the one from my Norge sitting in the spare parts cupboard downstairs. I'll look later.

See http://af1racing.com/store/ProdImages/st3/GU099.pdf for the diagram - it's part #13 on page 47.
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Wildguzzi.com

Bonaventure

It looks like the same grab bar as the Norge, so there is a part that covers those areas. Was your rear rack the two metal rods that had the decorative cap over them?

Yup.

Bonaventure

Looking at the parts diagrams for both the Norge and Stelvio the grab rail looks different across the rear section. 

Offline Trialsman

• Gosling
I put the rack from my Stelvio on my Norge and swapped the cover plate.  It is a little different but can easily be trimmed to fit with a knife.  The Stelvio looks like a factory bobtail.
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2019 Alta Redshift EXR - clone
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Centenario
2024 Stelvio V100

Offline Xlratr

• Gaggle Mentor
  • (ex) Stelvio NTX, '78 Honda 750F2, '97 FXDWG
I put the rack from my Stelvio on my Norge and swapped the cover plate.  It is a little different but can easily be trimmed to fit with a knife.  The Stelvio looks like a factory bobtail.

Inspired by this post I got a plastic cover from a Norge. They're not expensive so I thought I'd take the risk.
The one that I got doesn't *really* fit, and I ended up separating the two end pieces. But with a bit of cutting and sanding it can look OK I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John

I ain't too young to realize, that I ain't too old to try ...

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
The bike comes new w/bolts & covers, when I installed the rack I put the original stuff in saddle bag. There is a bunch of that stuff laying around at the dealers, worth asking.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here