Author Topic: 95 Moto Guzzi Carbie Sport with some nice bits  (Read 11144 times)

Offline arveno

• Gaggle Hero
    • ddleathers.com
Re: 95 Moto Guzzi Carbie Sport with some nice bits
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2017, 12:17:07 PM »
The truth is :

Young kids who likes fast sport bikes are not interested in sport guzzis because they like a different kind of " fast bikes "

Old-er guys that likes sport guzzis and are interested in sport guzzis ... cannot ride them because the riding position hurts their wrist , back , butt ...etc

The circle of potential buyer of sport guzzis is small... and guzzi guys are also , cheap ....LOL 

There could be out there someone that can still ride sport guzzis and really love them and will probably pay the full asking price ....

I have been there , i liked / wanted a motorcycle so bad that i paid more than others would have . I did not care much , i was happy to have the bike i was obsessed with .
Nothing wrong with that .....

This motorcycle will find a buyer .... it is just a matter of time .

One thing it is for sure : Guzzisti buy the guzzi for passion , not because they are a good investment ( unless we are talking about V7 sport , or Le mans first series , or antique horizontal cylinder bike ) 

Ciao .

Online sdcr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2017, 01:05:40 PM »
    Regarding pricing for the Sport 1100 series, both carb and injected models, I come at this with a somewhat different perspective. I consider the Moto Guzzi Sport 1100, to be similar to the 1000S, in desirability. Both are unique and appealing Moto Guzzi platforms, that lean towards sport riding. Both models, the 1000S and the Sport 1100 are low production, although the 1000S, is by far a rarer machine. At one time, you could find a clean 1000S for 5-6 grand. That is no longer the case, as most change hands now at $10,000 and up.

I believe that once the available supply of Sport 1100's dwindles down, and Medic Andy is helping this happen, the prices will rise. They are exceptional Moto Guzzi's, and I speak as someone who has put over 50,000 miles on the 3 Sports that I owned.

As things are today, with a depressed overall MC marketplace, and a relatively high number of available Sport 1100s, prices are reflecting the "supply and demand" situation for buyers.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 01:12:59 PM by sdcr »
John
2000 BMW R1100 RS
1983 BMW R100
2009 Jaguar XK

Offline arveno

• Gaggle Hero
    • ddleathers.com
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2017, 01:40:20 PM »
When all we old Guzzi fans will die , nobody would care about these old machines....

Offline kidsmoke

• Gaggle Hero
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2017, 02:57:11 PM »
When all we old Guzzi fans will die , nobody would care about these old machines....

I don't know about that. Last year at my first Rally, there were a couple of guys in there 30's, mistakenly thinking i was of a similar vintage (it was dark, and there was bourbon involved) giving an impassioned plea to me to join them as "young guys" in making sure the marque and it's heritage is being proselytized far and wide. They were on an 96 Sport and 71 Eldo with a hack. Last weekend, I stopped into a Vintage motorcycle shop in Louisville, owned by one of the aforementioned thirty-somethings, who commented that in the last year, "everybody" is buying old Guzzi's. Use to be  himself and 3 other guys in town had 'em, now everyone has to have them. 850T's and Loops being the most commonly seen.

There may be life for these old lumps yet.

'79 G5
'93 1000S
'00 Jackal
'09 GRiSO

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2017, 02:57:11 PM »

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2017, 04:01:38 PM »
The truth is :

Young kids who likes fast sport bikes are not interested in sport guzzis because they like a different kind of " fast bikes "

Old-er guys that likes sport guzzis and are interested in sport guzzis ... cannot ride them because the riding position hurts their wrist , back , butt ...etc

The circle of potential buyer of sport guzzis is small... and guzzi guys are also , cheap ....LOL 

There could be out there someone that can still ride sport guzzis and really love them and will probably pay the full asking price ....

I have been there , i liked / wanted a motorcycle so bad that i paid more than others would have . I did not care much , i was happy to have the bike i was obsessed with .
Nothing wrong with that .....

This motorcycle will find a buyer .... it is just a matter of time .

One thing it is for sure : Guzzisti buy the guzzi for passion , not because they are a good investment ( unless we are talking about V7 sport , or Le mans first series , or antique horizontal cylinder bike ) 

Ciao .

DYK you can switch clip-ons left to right to raise them a bit? And ridden at higher speeds the wind takes weight off your back to some extent. Def. not a city/stop and go kinda bike, but in it's element it's pretty darn comfortable/stable

Offline Dimples

• Gosling
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2017, 05:10:20 PM »
Between the V 11 sport, and the 1100 sport , which bike does the group feel will go up in value more in the future? I suspect the V 11 sport will, just due to the fact that its more "rideable" . As far as looks, I prefer the classic lines of the 1100 sport, but the V 11 sport is a close second in the looks dept.
Rick.

My opinion is that the 1100 Sport (carb) should realize higher values than the V11 series in the future. Because it's older and then there's the fact that it was hand-built in the Italian tradition. The V11 won't age as well into the future. For one, it has a plastic fuel tank and other plastic parts that are a liability. Most vintage collectors prefer carburetors.

That said, I sold my Nero Corsa on eBay a few weeks ago for 7k to a collector!
'96 Sport 1100 - carb
'71 Ambassador - Venolia

Offline Devildog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2017, 05:50:28 PM »
Being in moderately good shape at 61, 150 miles is my maximum for the Sport, which suits me fine for a Sunday ride. Saying that, the Ducati is much much more comfortable.

'93 Daytona 1000
'95 Sport 1100
'98 Ducati 900 SS Final Edition
2002 Aprilia RSV Mille R
'10 GasGas e250 FE

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2017, 06:13:38 PM »

And yes, you can buy these bikes for $4.5k or even less, but you better plan on spending another $1K, $2k, or even more to get them updated or repaired of whatever issues they may have. So then the question becomes on how much did you then pay in reality for this $4.5k bike? In my world, money that I know ahead of time which I need to spend on any vehicle that I buy is going to get included in the purchase cost, and then there is an additional amount to cover unknowns, which always happen. So when I look at any of my bikes that cost me lets say $4.5k, and I had to pay an additional $2k to get them up to perfect condition, then was the purchase cost still only $4.5K???? I think not. You would tell stories to people making them believe that a bike that you paid additional $$$ for to get it in pristine condition was purchased for only $4.5k!

Andy

I'm following your posts with interest and appreciate your experience with these bikes, but expecting people to add any money that they spend in future on a bike they've bought, IN ADDITION TO the purchase cost, and call that the "purchase cost of the bike", isn't reasonable.

I've seen very nice Sports sell for about $4K, some less.   Very rideable and nothing that needs to be done to them.   To say that that's not a valid price for comparison because to bring it to absolutely mint, as-new condition would cost another $3K, so the price is "really" $7K ....

... well, that's not going to really fly, I don't think.   At least not in normal-people language ....

Lannis

"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2017, 06:21:14 PM »

A common thought among us mortals, as we consider our impending end of life here on Earth, but it never really works that way.   Life continues to wag on, and old vehicles ALWAYS gain in value as time goes on.

Twenty to twenty-five-year-old Guzzis are probably about bottomed out, and may stay that way for another 10 years or so (as has been mentioned).

But can you point out any interesting performance vehicles from my (or our) youth that are just languishing with "no interest" in them by anyone?   Round case Ducatis?   Z1 Kawasakis?  Olds 4-4-2s?   Mercury Comets with 289 engines?   Hemi Challengers?   Volkswagen Beetles or Citroen 2CVs?

Answer is there aren't any.    In the 70s, twenty-year-old Vincent motorcycles were just old used bikes that traded in the hundreds of dollars each, maybe a couple thousand for a pristine one.    '55 Buick Skylark convertibles starred in "Wide World of Sports" demolition derbies on Sunday afternoons.    I was offered a nice, original, running, 1952 Indian Chief for $900 in 1979, and turned it down.

Believe me, that process isn't going to stop even when we're gone from here ... !

Lannis

Offline MotoMatt

• New Egg
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2017, 06:37:43 PM »
Being in moderately good shape at 61, 150 miles is my maximum for the Sport, which suits me fine for a Sunday ride. Saying that, the Ducati is much much more comfortable.

How else does your Ducati compare to the Guzzi? I've got a Carb Sport 1100 and am curious how the two compare in regards to power and handling and overall character. I've always loved the look of the 92-98 ducati sports. 

Offline Aaron D.

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2017, 06:24:02 AM »
I am very glad I had my Sport and sold it on without too much regret. My needs and wants had evolved. I sometimes wish I had also had a V11S, and a Ducati 900SS of the '90s.

I am with Lannis on the market question, and I'm also struck by how people view the market for, well, just about anything.

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2017, 07:04:22 AM »
How else does your Ducati compare to the Guzzi? I've got a Carb Sport 1100 and am curious how the two compare in regards to power and handling and overall character. I've always loved the look of the 92-98 ducati sports.
Sportbike mag. did a comparison test back some years ago. looking back through my stuff to find it. Duc. was rated more comfortable, Guzzi was a bit faster. pretty close overall in most categories

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2017, 08:32:27 AM »
I am very glad I had my Sport and sold it on without too much regret. My needs and wants had evolved. I sometimes wish I had also had a V11S, and a Ducati 900SS of the '90s.

I am with Lannis on the market question, and I'm also struck by how people view the market for, well, just about anything.

A line that we see ALL the time as we hunt up used bikes (or collector cars, for that matter) is something like the following:

"1977 Triumph Tiger, bike has been restored with chromed cylinders, solo seat, high bars, an original Sonny Routt cylinder kit, Mikuni carbs, and custom paint.   All work done to a high standard, bike is beautiful and runs well.    I have over $12,000 in this bike, and will sell for $12,000 FIRM!   No low-ballers or tire-kickers, it would take $20,000 to duplicate this bike today and I will not take a penny less than what I know it is worth ... "

Some people would consider this an indication of the "market" for Meriden Triumphs as in "Wow, did you see what they're getting for old Triumphs these days?"   But we, as buyers and sellers of actual bikes in a world where people ride them, know that the amount that you "have in a bike" has little to do with the selling value of the bike ....

Lannis

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2017, 11:25:20 AM »
 :1:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 01:01:01 PM by Tom »
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline MedicAndy

• Stable Companions:
  • Gosling
  • It's not always easy being me!
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2017, 08:10:58 PM »
I'm following your posts with interest and appreciate your experience with these bikes, but expecting people to add any money that they spend in future on a bike they've bought, IN ADDITION TO the purchase cost, and call that the "purchase cost of the bike", isn't reasonable.

I've seen very nice Sports sell for about $4K, some less.   Very rideable and nothing that needs to be done to them.   To say that that's not a valid price for comparison because to bring it to absolutely mint, as-new condition would cost another $3K, so the price is "really" $7K ....

... well, that's not going to really fly, I don't think.   At least not in normal-people language ....

Lannis

Hi Lannis,

Maybe I am the only one here in the Guzzi world that sees things my way, which is ok! I'm also pretty sure that I will never be a real Guzzi guy, since I like for my things to be done right, which costs $$$ at times, and real Guzzi guys are apparently "cheap"! I don't earn that much money, but I stick with my statements that I for one would pay a premium price for a bike having some nice upgrades like a Mistral exhaust, aftermarket cross-over, new brakes, rotors, tires, and lets say around 10k miles on the engine, perfect paint, no issues what so ever, versus paying $2k less for a bike with 40k + miles on the clock, factory exhaust, some paint issues, maybe a dent in the tank, bad tires, old battery, powder coating peeling of the rims, but it's ok as a rider.  That is just not me!

I have never understood how some people will buy something that is half way worn out, lets say either mechanical, cosmetically, or both, just in order to save some $$$.

For example: I had too many cars, so I sold my 2014 8k miles Honda Accord, which had nice features like a sun roof, power seats, premium stereo, ..... for $17k. That car was as perfect as a brand new car sitting at a dealers lot would be. A coworker of mine wanted to buy my Accord, but she only wanted to spend $15K. I told her that I could not give this car away, so she came back to me a couple of days later stating that she bought a great 2012 48k miles base Accord with no special features from a dealer for $15k. She then paid an additional $800.00 for an extended warranty protection package two weeks after the purchase, and the tires will need replacing in the next month or two....

I for one can't understand the reasoning that apparently many people have, of rather paying less for something that is ok right now, but will most definitely need money rather sooner then later, versus spending a "little" more up front to get something so much better. But then again, my way of thinking is apparently way different than that of others.

In addition,  :smiley: I'm sticking with the "total purchase cost" of any bike that I buy, which will include the original purchase cost plus the money that I know I'm going to have to spend on repairs ahead of making the deal.

In my world, and maybe only in my world, I look at a bike sitting in my barn for which I paid $3.5k to purchase, and before buying this bike already knowing that it needs new tires, rotors, pads, a battery, the ECU needs to be replaced, and the fuel pump is not working. Lets say I estimate the replacement parts cost / repair cost to be right at $2k, So did I now pay only $3.5k for this bike, or did this bike in reality cost me $5.5k in order to have her sitting fully operational in my barn. In my world, I'm out $5.5k so that is the money I'm out off, regardless on how I look at it.

I am not planning on selling any of my bikes, since for me they are all more a labor of love, a hobby. But let's say that I would sell a original purchased cost of $3.5k bike, and I had spend an additional $2k in repairs or upgrades, which is now for me a $5.5k bike. I would tell any possible buyer who would low-ball and offer me $3.5k to go out and by himself one of those bikes. I would also tell him to please let me know on how the bike treated him and his wallet about a year later.

But again, I see things from my way perspective, with my way of thinking of what is logical, and what is not...... Maybe I am way off in my way of doing things, but I know that I get a smile on my face every time that I open the barn door, and all I see is my small collection of bikes that are pretty cool, and me knowing that I would not have it in any different way!

And I was not joking with my statement to please let me know of any low milage pristine 1100's that you know off and are for sale for $4.5k or less.... I'm still looking for a black and for a bronze/brown 1100, and I would love to find me one of each to be added to my stable, especially if they are already as nice as the bikes I have sitting here.

Best regards,

Andy
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 10:05:28 PM by MedicAndy »
96 Suzuki GSX-R 1100W
95 MG 1100 Sport x 1
96 MG 1100 Sport x 2
97 MG 1100 Sport x 4

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2017, 08:22:31 PM »
Hi Lannis,

... but I stick with my statements that I for one would pay a premium price for a bike having some nice upgrades like a Mistral exhaust, aftermarket cross-over, new brakes, rotors, tires, and lets say around 10k miles on the engine, perfect paint, no issues what so ever  ...

Andy

What you say all makes sense.   But the above is the sticking point for me, usually.

How do I KNOW that the bike for which I'm considering paying a premium price "has no issues whatever"?   I'd have to be smarter than I am now to know if the famous "Previous Owner" has done things right.    Sure, if it's from someone I know and trust, that's one thing.   

But otherwise, it's almost better to buy a bike that looks like it might be OK at a much lower price, and then make it so you KNOW it's right, either under your hands or someone who you know knows what they're doing ....

In other words, the choice might not be between the $3,500 bike that needs $2,500 worth of work and the $6,000 bike that doesn't need any work .... the choice might be between the $3,500 bike that needs $2,500 worth of work, and the $6,000 bike that needs $2,500 worth of work that you didn't spot ... !!

At least that's the way I figure it ...

Lannis

Offline Devildog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2017, 07:38:22 AM »
The Ducati is very smooth, light and nimble, very easy to ride fast. 6 speed tranny and hydraulic clutch obviously smoother. The Sport has more raw power, torque, and needs more effort changing direction. Quarter horse compared to a thoroughbred. I feel safer on the Guzzi. Both are gorgeous bikes.

'93 Daytona 1000
'95 Sport 1100
'98 Ducati 900 SS Final Edition
2002 Aprilia RSV Mille R
'10 GasGas e250 FE

Offline guzziboy66

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2017, 08:22:49 AM »
A couple of thoughts.

I've ridden a late '90s Ducati 900 SS and it is far easier to ride really fast than my sport.  Hands down - No comparison. But...

The Guzzi Sport is far more...  rewarding? to be ABLE to ride fast.  You have to work the Guzzi.  You have to anticipate.  You have to will it.  And when you get it right it just so godamn visceral.
I guess it says something that I own the Guzzi and only ever "borrowed" the Ducati...

Parked my Sport 100 next to my friend's Suzuki GSXR 600 at a local convenience store.  We had some water and discussed that last few miles of our ride.  As we do so, people are coming in and out of the store and walking past our bikes.

3 separate kids ( 20-somethings ) all stopped and asked about the Guzzi.  Nobody gave a second glance to the latest Japanese track weapon.

The younger (slightly) Eric in NJ
Frenchtown, NJ

'14 GRiSO 1200 8V SE (I got her back!)
'14 Norge 1200 8V GT
'97 SPoRT 1100 (My first Guzzi has come home to me)
'98 Ducati 900 SS FE
'96 Sport 1100 Carbi (Gone but still in the family)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2017, 08:28:38 AM »
3 separate kids ( 20-somethings ) all stopped and asked about the Guzzi.  Nobody gave a second glance to the latest Japanese track weapon.

And whether we like to admit it or not, that's half the fun!  :bow:

Lannis

Online Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2017, 09:53:13 AM »
Having ridden 11 different Guzzi's I can say even the V50 felt wide compared to any of my 900ss's.

Out of all the motorcycles I've had the 900cc 2 valve air cooled Ducati motor is what I'd consider perfect for street riding followed by the Guzzi 2 valve 1100cc motor.
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2017, 11:17:09 AM »

Out of all the motorcycles I've had the 900cc 2 valve air cooled Ducati motor is what I'd consider perfect for street riding followed by the Guzzi 2 valve 1100cc motor.

Good ones ... and I'll add the old Suzuki GT-750 triple to the list.  No valves to adjust, 1200 miles to a quart of injector oil, extremely tractable, smooth, never overheated ....

Lannis

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2017, 01:41:45 PM »
 :1: on the GT750.   :thumb:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Tusayan

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2017, 02:57:57 PM »
I had an 1100 Sport and it was an excellent motorcycle when sorted out, like this one.  The very good quality componentry was one thing I really liked, and it's a really beautiful bike too. I replaced it with a Daytona that I still have but sometimes I think about another 1100 Sport.

I also have a belt drive Ducati 900SS and a bevel drive 900SS.  Comparing the belt drive SS to the 1100 Sport, the only things I find much in common are the relatively slow steering geometry and a V-twin engine.  Otherwise they are quite different - the belt drive SS is a sport bike built to a budget, but with its short wheelbase and light weight it's a very capable bike on a tight road.   The 1100 Sport is a higher quality device with  longer legged, more mature feel.  More of a classic, a bike you'd love forever.  In that way more like the bevel SS.

Comparing the engines of all the bikes above and other V-twin powered bikes I've owned, the best overall engine is the carburated Suzuki SV650... It just needs a bit more power but is otherwise simple, effective, well designed and reliable... There's a reason Suzuki was even able to sell SV engines to other manufacturers like Cagiva - they're good.  I love my older Italian bikes, bikes like that will never be built again but particularly when comparing bikes built in the 21st century, I like the Suzuki.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 09:33:52 PM by Tusayan »

Online sdcr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2017, 03:53:17 PM »
OK Fellas, it's down to $5000....

"Bought new in 1996 from The Spare Parts Company in Philadelphia. Mileage 45,xxx, new tires, staintune full exhaust, Keihin FCR flat slides carbs. Heads were redone with new valves and valve guides. No issues at all. Clear PA title."

facebook image uploader
John
2000 BMW R1100 RS
1983 BMW R100
2009 Jaguar XK

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2017, 03:59:43 PM »
We'll know the real value when it sells.   :tongue:

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2017, 04:58:39 PM »
What you say all makes sense.   But the above is the sticking point for me, usually.

How do I KNOW that the bike for which I'm considering paying a premium price "has no issues whatever"?   I'd have to be smarter than I am now to know if the famous "Previous Owner" has done things right.    Sure, if it's from someone I know and trust, that's one thing.   

But otherwise, it's almost better to buy a bike that looks like it might be OK at a much lower price, and then make it so you KNOW it's right, either under your hands or someone who you know knows what they're doing ....

In other words, the choice might not be between the $3,500 bike that needs $2,500 worth of work and the $6,000 bike that doesn't need any work .... the choice might be between the $3,500 bike that needs $2,500 worth of work, and the $6,000 bike that needs $2,500 worth of work that you didn't spot ... !!

At least that's the way I figure it ...

Lannis

Ah, yes, that is the question!  I agree with parts of both viewpoints.   I'm facing that same issue with a couple of Eldorado's I'm looking at now.  But, with the hypothetical $3.5K bike you're almost guaranteed to need $2.5K additional work/labor to make it "right" to whatever your personal standard is; with the $6K bike the chances are much better that you'll only need $.5K to do so.  So, in the words of Harry Callahan (Dirty Harry)..."Do you feel lucky, punk?"  So far, I've been relatively lucky in paying what some would say was "too much" for my used car & bike purchases over the years, with one notable exception that cost me an arm & 3 legs in follow-on repairs, but you accomplished mechanics in the group absolutely can do better by going the "buy cheap & fix it up myself" route, if you are buying the bike for yourself.  However, if you're thinking of flipping it, the "buy cheap..." route rarely results in a bike "worth" more than the money that was put into it to get it right - especially if you consider the value of the labor, unless the bike was gotten at a giveaway price to start with. 
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2017, 05:13:10 PM »
I've mentioned before when doing one of my barn find projects.. the cheapest bike you can find is probably the most expensive.  :smiley: That's ok. I *like* doing projects. <shrug>
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline MedicAndy

• Stable Companions:
  • Gosling
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2017, 09:25:49 PM »
I've mentioned before when doing one of my barn find projects.. the cheapest bike you can find is probably the most expensive.  :smiley: That's ok. I *like* doing projects. <shrug>

Right on Chuck!

I could not have stated your comment any better....... You just explained in one sentence of what I tried to explain in an essay!

Andy
96 Suzuki GSX-R 1100W
95 MG 1100 Sport x 1
96 MG 1100 Sport x 2
97 MG 1100 Sport x 4

Offline MedicAndy

• Stable Companions:
  • Gosling
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2018, 08:12:16 PM »
This Sport was just sold a couple of days ago. I made two offers, but the owner sold the bike for almost his asking price of $5k. The owner did not tell me the exact selling cost. Either way, $4k did not buy it, which was the max that I was willing to pay. In hindsight, maybe I should have upped my offer, stripped the bike of what I wanted, and then sold her again for maybe $1.5k less...... But, there will be no crying over spilled milk! The owner's son told me that a Custom Motorcycle Shop out of Florida which purchased the bike will make a custom bike out of the 1100. I guess that there is going to be one less original 1100 on the road from here on out.  Good for me and my bikes!

Andy

And as always, please let me know if you guys know of any running or not 1100 Sports for sale! :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 08:14:11 PM by MedicAndy »
96 Suzuki GSX-R 1100W
95 MG 1100 Sport x 1
96 MG 1100 Sport x 2
97 MG 1100 Sport x 4

Online Turin

• Gaggle Hero
    • crap and stuff
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2018, 08:37:55 PM »
Oh for F***king crying out loud, it's going to be butchered?!?!?!

I hope it's not another "Santiago Chopper" build. I've one of their Guzzi builds in person and am not impressed in the least. Very slapdash.

Moto Studio might treat it a little better. I've never seen their work close up so they get the benefit of the doubt.

Either way it's a shame.
1997 Daytona RS
1991 Rennsport California III
1991 LeMans 1000
1987 LeMans SE Dave's Cycle Racer
1984 LeMans III
1985 Sidlow Guzzi
1974 850-T Sport
1969 A-series Ambassador
1996 Triumph Daytona 1200
1996 Triumph Daytona 900
1982 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Balocco SE 3.0

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here