Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1093296 times)

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2160 on: October 12, 2016, 01:07:21 PM »
Does she still ride? :thumb:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline gootsy collins

• New Egg
« Reply #2161 on: October 13, 2016, 03:59:37 PM »
Hi all,

I joined this forum because I am selling my V7...just being honest. I thought someone here might be interested in this beauty. I have to let her go unfortunately. It's a primo ride. Check it out: http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=86461.0

I have a newborn now and since I won't have the Guzzi anymore, I'll spare you the boring intro about me since I wont be doing forum talk anymore really. Keepin' it real, but hey if you want to buy my bike, please check the link out. Thanks.

Rockburner

« Reply #2162 on: October 14, 2016, 08:22:06 AM »
Does she still ride? :thumb:

Yup.  She's retired from her job, but still has a Vespa scooter and a CBR500.  the CBR500 isn't sporty enough for her though.... she wants another CBR400RRSP.

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2163 on: October 14, 2016, 02:32:08 PM »
SV650 Suzuki.  She'd like a V7II. :thumb:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2163 on: October 14, 2016, 02:32:08 PM »

Offline Mr Pootle

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2164 on: October 16, 2016, 08:20:08 AM »
Alan from Leeds, UK. 69 years old. When I was 14 my dad bought a Moto Guzzi Zigolo, and told me it would be mine when I was 16. When I was 15 he sold it and bought a NSU Quickly. I got myself a Vespa to compensate.
Over the years I're had Triumphs, Nortons, a Velocette and a Yamaha. At last, with my dad's money, I've bought myself a Moto Guzzi, a V7ll Special in blue. And I love it.

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2165 on: October 16, 2016, 12:59:51 PM »
Welcome and Aloha! 

sambsam

« Reply #2166 on: October 16, 2016, 01:04:49 PM »
From Brighton, England

Just got back from a few years abroad (South Sudan, Kenya, Iraq, Libya, Saudi, UAE) - have dug the Cali out of the Garage - now have to dig deeper and get the T3

Chop going as well

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2167 on: October 16, 2016, 01:17:03 PM »
Welcome!  Did you build your bike?  and is that a battery box on the lower rear frame rail. 

sambsam

« Reply #2168 on: October 16, 2016, 03:18:54 PM »
No - i bought it some time after the original build - see the attached magazine article

I have had to re-build it a couple of times

The small box on the right is a tool box - the battery box is much larger and on the left.

I have changed a few things - but mainly cosmetic and fine tuning - The original frame got stress cracks in the downtubes and the frame was repaired by a magician engineer called Chris Knibbs.  I moved the speedo and tacho together and they fill the gap between the seat and tank. Only instrument on the bars is the high beam light which is drilled into the triple tree bolt. I really want to get a slimmer tank to show off the engine.....

It is an 850 T3 but running 36mm pumpers and open pipes - if that isn't loud enough; the horns are fiamm air-horns off an old police car and the only place meaty enough to carry the horn compressor is on top of the gearbox.

I can put my hand flat on the ground whilst sitting on it - and it is very impractical - but I still love it - got the Cali for day to day and longer trips - both bikes have

been mothballed for a few years - so a top end rebuild is on the cards before I put it back on the road.

lucydad2

« Reply #2169 on: October 16, 2016, 07:49:53 PM »
Lucydad2

Poodles now on geriatric food

Still have the 2012 V7R

Still waiting for cooler weather

Offline Charles in Lake Charles

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2170 on: October 17, 2016, 04:43:34 AM »
Welcome back.
TOYS:
98 Yellow Centauro, 93 SPIII, 1978 LeMans,
1977 Convert, 1975 850-T (FOR SALE),
1985 Harley FLTC, 1985 K100RT
2001 Lees-ure Lite Camper,
1988 Mercedes 560SL

Offline lwbdriver

• New Egg
« Reply #2171 on: October 18, 2016, 03:37:43 PM »
Greetings from Utah. I am the proud owner of a Red 2000 Quota as of day before yesterday. Bought it locally here near Salt Lake City and it seems like a good one. 29,000 miles and several upgrades and bags. Only question mark is me....I have a 30" inseam and I can't get anywhere near flat footing it. Of course, I can't flat foot most motorcycles. Been riding since 1970 and have had probably 30 motorcycles in that time, all Japanese with a few BMW's thrown in. This is my first Goose, but I have always wanted one. Looking forward to many years of fun with this thing.

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2172 on: October 18, 2016, 04:08:05 PM »
Welcome!  The Quota is a good touring bike for dirt roads and street.  Your bike wasn't in Park City was it?  If it was I have some info history for you.

Offline epb

• New Egg
« Reply #2173 on: October 20, 2016, 05:51:17 PM »
Just a brief intro. I've been riding off and on since the 70s, all Hondas (CB400T, Hawk GT, CBR600RR, CB400T again). I've been wanting to try a vintage tourer (rather than a cruiser) and was looking at the Honda GL1000, 70s BMW R90, or a Guzzi 850T. I wound up buying an 850T yesterday from Pennsylvania.

The bike is in great running condition, recent not-great paint in a non-factory color (not a fan of red, so good for me). I plan to spend about a year getting familiar with the bike and making sure it's in top shape - the only changes I'll make now are removing the ammo cases, which I don't care for, and maybe the pipe wrap depending on the condition underneath. I'll also need to find a tool kit, which seem scarce. Took it off the truck today after getting it registered - good lord this thing is heavy. It appears to have some mods already; it's got Borrani high shoulder wheels (or were those stock back then?), cone filters, and some cheapie mirrors. The PO apparently rode it from PA to the west coast last summer so toddling around country roads here in KY should be a doddle.

Long term? I'd like mine to look like this one. Like the solo seat and rack look on these.
1975 Moto Guzzi 850T #93142

Offline atavar

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2174 on: October 20, 2016, 06:18:43 PM »
Just one thing, I don't think those are ammo cases. They look like Pelican cases and if they are they are high dollar strong watertight cases.  If you really don't want them send them to me!  ;)
Great find on the bike though, yur gonna love it!
2008 Norge - Black Wing Squadron

Offline epb

• New Egg
« Reply #2175 on: October 20, 2016, 07:00:18 PM »
The brand on the cases is Plano, who make ammo and gun cases (www.planomolding.co m). They do seem watertight and lockable. Unfortunately, someone in my family already called dibs. :-)
1975 Moto Guzzi 850T #93142

Offline tasdisr

• Hatchling
« Reply #2176 on: October 21, 2016, 04:55:55 PM »
Greetings from SW Ohio. I have been away from biking for around 15 years and looking to get back to it.

Right now I am trying to decide between a 2017 Guzzi V9 Roamer or a 2016 Triumph Speedmaster. The Triumph has a lower seat height at 27.2 vs 29.5 for the V9 which is good for me as I am only about 5ft 6 inches tall.
2017 V9 Roamer

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2177 on: October 21, 2016, 04:58:43 PM »
Welkommen!  You have a bike conundrum.  Maybe a demo ride would convince you which one you should buy.

Offline tasdisr

• Hatchling
« Reply #2178 on: October 21, 2016, 05:24:42 PM »
Welkommen!  You have a bike conundrum.  Maybe a demo ride would convince you which one you should buy.

Hoping to go look at both tomorrow. Speedmaster is nice with the low seat height, just not sure about the foot control positions since it is a cruiser and the T100 sits too high for me.

The Guzzi dealer said he could lower the V9 about an inch which would be nice, also like the fact that it has ABS and Traction control which the Triumph does not have.
2017 V9 Roamer

Online vintagehoarder

• Cycle Hoarders
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Ride to Eat, Eat To Ride
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #2179 on: October 21, 2016, 06:59:03 PM »

I think we met at Cadre's this week.  Can't wait to see which way you go, but you know I lean Guzzi!

Curt
Cyclehoarders Garage
2021 Honda CT125 Trail Cub
2018 Triumph Tiger 800
2014 Moto Guzzi California Touring 1400
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Speical
2009 Vepsa GTS 250 ie
1987 Suzuki Samurai (4 Wheels)
1981 Honda CX500 Deluxe
1973 Moto Guzzi Eldorado 850
1969 Yamaha YAS1C
La Grange, KY

Offline tasdisr

• Hatchling
« Reply #2180 on: October 21, 2016, 07:20:00 PM »
I think we met at Cadre's this week.  Can't wait to see which way you go, but you know I lean Guzzi!

Curt

We did meet at Cadre's the other day. Seems like a great dealer and Enzo knows his product.
Hoping to visit both dealers tomorrow to at least look again. I like the Triumph, but the Guzzi keeps calling me back.

Frank
2017 V9 Roamer

Online vintagehoarder

• Cycle Hoarders
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Ride to Eat, Eat To Ride
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #2181 on: October 21, 2016, 07:35:14 PM »
We did meet at Cadre's the other day. Seems like a great dealer and Enzo knows his product.
Hoping to visit both dealers tomorrow to at least look again. I like the Triumph, but the Guzzi keeps calling me back.

Frank

Good luck and have fun doing it!
Cyclehoarders Garage
2021 Honda CT125 Trail Cub
2018 Triumph Tiger 800
2014 Moto Guzzi California Touring 1400
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Speical
2009 Vepsa GTS 250 ie
1987 Suzuki Samurai (4 Wheels)
1981 Honda CX500 Deluxe
1973 Moto Guzzi Eldorado 850
1969 Yamaha YAS1C
La Grange, KY

Offline valval

• New Egg
« Reply #2182 on: October 25, 2016, 04:21:00 PM »
rocky, retired prison guard (don't hold that against me), 62 years old and soon to be 63, in California (where the beautiful people live haha- don't hold that against me, just bought a 2013 v7 stone with 3000 miles. Always had a bike in the garage but the biggest was 350cc. Have a xt225 and a vespa 250 so I thought I would get something bigger before I see the bright light. Like the bike but not the seat. Got a air hawk R but still haven't got it dialed in. Sooner or later a bike owner will need a forum. Glad to be here.

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2183 on: October 26, 2016, 12:50:46 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2184 on: October 26, 2016, 08:05:03 AM »
rocky, retired prison guard (don't hold that against me), 62 years old and soon to be 63, in California (where the beautiful people live haha- don't hold that against me, just bought a 2013 v7 stone with 3000 miles. Always had a bike in the garage but the biggest was 350cc. Have a xt225 and a vespa 250 so I thought I would get something bigger before I see the bright light. Like the bike but not the seat. Got a air hawk R but still haven't got it dialed in. Sooner or later a bike owner will need a forum. Glad to be here.

You'll be the fourth current or retired prison guard on the board so no need to fear it being held against you; believe it or not, most of the members here are "outside"!

I've owned both the XT-225 and the Vespa that you have, and the only thing that has me owning bigger bikes is the amount of two-up riding that my wife and I do.   Aside from that, a 400 or 650 is all the bike I'd ever need .....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline SaskMick

• Gosling
« Reply #2185 on: October 29, 2016, 01:01:58 AM »
My name is Mick, I'm 61 years old.    I come from England but now live in Saskatchewan Canada, I came here 13 years ago.   I was a bricklayer for 5 years, and a breeder of birds for 35 years but called it a day when it became a job.    ... I then built Sten guns and pissed off the RCMP in the process,    but found making guns easy and needed something to stimulate they grey matter so I retired and learn't hypnosis.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gluykZOYboo    I have always like bikes and have owned quite a few over the years, but like proper ones best.

This is my latest project, but it will have a Moto Guzzi engine...

That's about the lot so far anyway.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2186 on: October 29, 2016, 11:01:51 AM »
My name is Mick, I'm 61 years old.    I come from England but now live in Saskatchewan Canada, I came here 13 years ago.   I was a bricklayer for 5 years, and a breeder of birds for 35 years but called it a day when it became a job.    ... I then built Sten guns and pissed off the RCMP in the process,   but found making guns easy and needed something to stimulate they grey matter so I retired and learn't hypnosis.      I have always like bikes and have owned quite a few over the years, but like proper ones best.

This is my latest project, but it will have a Moto Guzzi engine...

That's about the lot so far anyway.

Pretty gripping introduction!   That bird breeding thing is WAY more work and commitment in time than it looks to be at first glance, my wife looked at getting into it .... it was like dairy farming, you couldn't take a day off anytime ...

You think the RCMP will get after you, you just wait till the Virginia State Police and the BATF find out you're into making homemade automatic weapons .... !   Used to be that you could buy a complete Sten gun kit minus the receiver in one place, buy a receiver tube with a template for the ports to be milled out in another place, and be in business ... I don't know about now.

Enjoyed your hypnosis video; subject to actual real world experience, I don't think you could do me that way.   Not that I don't believe it's "possible", but ......

Will enjoy keeping up with your Morgan/Guzzi Trike project, keep us up to date on it!

Lannis

Offline SaskMick

• Gosling
« Reply #2187 on: October 29, 2016, 11:48:02 AM »
Pretty gripping introduction!   That bird breeding thing is WAY more work and commitment in time than it looks to be at first glance, my wife looked at getting into it .... it was like dairy farming, you couldn't take a day off anytime ...

You think the RCMP will get after you, you just wait till the Virginia State Police and the BATF find out you're into making homemade automatic weapons .... !   Used to be that you could buy a complete Sten gun kit minus the receiver in one place, buy a receiver tube with a template for the ports to be milled out in another place, and be in business ... I don't know about now.

Enjoyed your hypnosis video; subject to actual real world experience, I don't think you could do me that way.   Not that I don't believe it's "possible", but ......

Will enjoy keeping up with your Morgan/Guzzi Trike project, keep us up to date on it!

Lannis

You are right about breeding birds of prey, there is no time off whatsoever, it's practically the one and only thing you do.  It was the falconry that kept me at it for so long, I kept at it until I could go no further, then it was boring.

In Canada you can build guns as long as they comply with the firearm laws, the RCMP said mine did not as they could easily make them full auto. I took them to court with my wife as my assistant and won, it was one of the most memorable days of my life.

As for the hypnosis what makes you think I could not do it to you ? :grin:

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2188 on: October 29, 2016, 11:58:55 AM »
You are right about breeding birds of prey, there is no time off whatsoever, it's practically the one and only thing you do.  It was the falconry that kept me at it for so long, I kept at it until I could go no further, then it was boring.

In Canada you can build guns as long as they comply with the firearm laws, the RCMP said mine did not as they could easily make them full auto. I took them to court with my wife as my assistant and won, it was one of the most memorable days of my life.

As for the hypnosis what makes you think I could not do it to you ? :grin:

Well, for one thing I can't (just from my life experience, nothing scientific) imagine the "mechanism" that would allow you to get into my head like that, and with a few words and a touch or two from someone I've never met, "force" my body and mind to act in ways that are completely outside my conscious control.

If we ever get together, I suppose I'll have to try it and see, but I've never seen it work "in front of me" (always on TV or video) on someone I know and trust to be a rational person ...

Lannis

Offline SaskMick

• Gosling
« Reply #2189 on: October 29, 2016, 12:32:23 PM »
Well, for one thing I can't (just from my life experience, nothing scientific) imagine the "mechanism" that would allow you to get into my head like that, and with a few words and a touch or two from someone I've never met, "force" my body and mind to act in ways that are completely outside my conscious control.

If we ever get together, I suppose I'll have to try it and see, but I've never seen it work "in front of me" (always on TV or video) on someone I know and trust to be a rational person ...

Lannis

As it happens I could not do it to you, all hypnosis is self hypnosis, you have to do it yourself, all I could do is talk you through it. 

The video clip shows the procedure of the induction I used on that person. I had already  tested  her reactions before the induction and was sure she would be a great subject, and she was, she had a fantastic imagination.

Here's another one where I was not so sure about the volunteer, I used a different and longer induction because of my doubts but she turned out to be fine.   I screwed up big time in more ways than one, and sent her on her way without giving her the number 6 back. I hope she did not work in a shop or bank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=52&v=M560wFTDBEQ

PS, A lot of people think only stupid people can be hypnotised but it's the other way around, they are generally the hardest of all, stupid people don't usually have a good imagination whereas intelligent people do.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 01:27:09 PM by SaskMick »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here