Author Topic: 02 cali stone rear brakes??  (Read 755 times)

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
02 cali stone rear brakes??
« on: March 21, 2019, 04:50:18 PM »
I pulled the caliper on the rear brakes and the inner pad is almost worn down, and the outer was good..  So first im going to need new pads..  What are some good options for rear pads. Non linked brakes on the stone, and I favor the front brakes on a bike..  Good options for pads on this?  OK, so next..  Looks like the caliper should slide on the bracket, but it doesn't. Are these two piston brembos meant to float on the bracket?  Any tips for freeing it up if it should? Its a new to me bike... and just shows that going through the bike first before you hit the road is a good thing!!  Thanks for any help.
Paul B

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
Re: 02 cali stone rear brakes??
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 08:05:22 AM »
OK, doing some more research on this topic last night, finds little about it in the MG world...  but that same caliper design is used on some of the BMW bikes, and the slide pins seizing is a pretty common thing..  Ill tackle it today and see how I go.. 

Still looking for advice on rear pads. Lots of choices out there for these, and just wondering what seems to work well on the California's.
Paul B

Offline Steve Scott

• Gaggle Hero
  • Ride, Fettle, Repeat
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 09:24:29 AM »
If your '02 Stone uses the same caliper as my '00 Jackal (Probably a yes), then it floats on 2 pins. If your pads are wearing unevenly, then at least one of them is seized.
'79 Morini 500S
'00 'Guzzi Jackal
'67 Teisco ET-440
Spring Grove, PA USA

Offline kidsmoke

• Gaggle Hero
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
'79 G5
'93 1000S
'00 Jackal
'09 GRiSO

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 10:02:27 AM »

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 11:00:28 AM »
I saw that kidsmoke..  Just wondering since there are a TON of different pads out for there for this style caliper, I was wondering if there might be a better option.

Well i got it apart. It was stuck but just took a tiny pry with a screw driver to slide the bracket off. No rust, or pitting thankfully, but bone dry. Guess it follows the trend of Guzzi loving to keep the lids on those grease tubs!!!
Paul B

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here