Author Topic: Anyone have time on both a V7III and V85TT?  (Read 5028 times)

Offline Vagrant

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Anyone have time on both a V7III and V85TT?
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2023, 10:46:33 AM »
You do know cars can be parked outside.
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2016 V7II, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2022 V85 the fast red one! 2016 650 Versys
L-196, L-197

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2023, 11:06:01 AM »
You do know cars can be parked outside.

You do you.

Granted we've had a snow free winter, but I am not asking Jenn to put her truck outside and then watch her have to clean off snow before an emergent call to the hospital. Nor should she have to freeze her butt off any given morning. Not to mention it cost more than double the total of everything in our cycle fleet combined.

Nor am I putting my Jeep outside with no top or windows on it half the year.

It's not worth it to me just to make sure we can have a 4th motorcycle.

Plus, if things go well we're going to look into a garage expansion. I can always buy a 4th again then if I still want it.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Bpreynolds2

• Gosling
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2023, 12:27:21 PM »

Part of me wonders if that Roamer might not fit the bill a little better than my MKI V7. But I definitely don't want to get rid of my V7.

I thought it toured quite well and so wacky efficient even with that smaller tank I never once wanted for more range.  Ultimately, it left my garage only due to my own stupid lust for anything new and shiny, and also to a lesser degree some lower back issues that I was having at the time (not the fault of the bike and later remedied greatly through some consistent PT).  I had a larger screen I bolted up (took 5 minutes tops) to the OEM mounts when I was on the highway, installed the smaller one once at a destination.  After 4 different 1100 models, a 1400 Eldo, 2 V7 variants (V7 ‘14 and V7II), 2 different 8V Grisos, Norge, Stelvio, and a Hydro Stone I turned inside out, the Roamer is still my FAVORITE.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 12:29:43 PM by Bpreynolds2 »
2020 T120 Bonneville

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2023, 12:33:30 PM »
You do you.

Granted we've had a snow free winter, but I am not asking Jenn to put her truck outside and then watch her have to clean off snow before an emergent call to the hospital. Nor should she have to freeze her butt off any given morning. Not to mention it cost more than double the total of everything in our cycle fleet combined.

Plus, if things go well we're going to look into a garage expansion. I can always buy a 4th again then if I still want it.

Pretty easy to increase garage space. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2023, 12:33:30 PM »

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2023, 12:36:51 PM »
I thought it toured quite well and so wacky efficient even with that smaller tank I never once wanted for more range.  Ultimately, it left my garage only due to my own stupid lust for anything new and shiny, and also to a lesser degree some lower back issues that I was having at the time (not the fault of the bike and later remedied greatly through some consistent PT).  I had a larger screen I bolted up (took 5 minutes tops) to the OEM mounts when I was on the highway, installed the smaller one once at a destination.  After 4 different 1100 models, a 1400 Eldo, 2 V7 variants (V7 ‘14 and V7II), 2 different 8V Grisos, Norge, Stelvio, and a Hydro Stone I turned inside out, the Roamer is still my FAVORITE.

:thumb:

** sigh **

Pretty easy to increase garage space.

Not really most of our property is wetlands thanks to the lake... but there might be a way.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 12:37:48 PM by Kev m »
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline ssrealty

• New Egg
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2023, 03:48:41 PM »
I own a 2017 V7 Stone and test rode the V100 and V85 last weekend.

Spite's Corner has done a review on V85 and V100. See links below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njhOQc4-iOo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG9RbNyoyPg

Offline ssrealty

• New Egg
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2023, 04:01:15 PM »
I test rode the V85 and the V100 at AF1 last weekend.

The V85 is very Moto Guzzi like and similar to the V7III. Engine sounds similar, and it has a little more power, better suspension and features. I like adventure bikes but cannot flat foot on most of the bikes including the V85. 

The V100 was a completely different animal. Standard seat is lower (and there is a lower seat option), and it had much more power and felt like my 2017 Ducati SuperSport bike from a power standpoint. Engine revs higher, and bike handles better and feels much lighter possibly to lower center weight. the V100 has a completely different feel than the V85 of V7III. Brakes are far superior on the V100. It feels more like a Ducati L twin in power and character than a Moto Guzzi.

The V100 has a more sport sitting and riding position, but nothing like a sport bike. Ergonomics on the V85 are more upright with handle bars closer to rider.  The V85 is has a comfortable riding position similar to sitting in a chair. Like the V7III, riding position is very relaxed and easy to ride. I just can't flat foot on V85. Probably need a minimum 32 inseam to flat foot.

Offline brother dave

• New Egg
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2023, 04:57:06 PM »
I test rode the V85 and the V100 at AF1 last weekend.

The V85 is very Moto Guzzi like and similar to the V7III. Engine sounds similar, and it has a little more power, better suspension and features. I like adventure bikes but cannot flat foot on most of the bikes including the V85. 

The V100 was a completely different animal. Standard seat is lower (and there is a lower seat option), and it had much more power and felt like my 2017 Ducati SuperSport bike from a power standpoint. Engine revs higher, and bike handles better and feels much lighter possibly to lower center weight. the V100 has a completely different feel than the V85 of V7III. Brakes are far superior on the V100. It feels more like a Ducati L twin in power and character than a Moto Guzzi.

The V100 has a more sport sitting and riding position, but nothing like a sport bike. Ergonomics on the V85 are more upright with handle bars closer to rider.  The V85 is has a comfortable riding position similar to sitting in a chair. Like the V7III, riding position is very relaxed and easy to ride. I just can't flat foot on V85. Probably need a minimum 32 inseam to flat foot.
Just when I was feeling satisfied with my V7III and V85, you had to bring up the V100.  This is going to be a tough year.  Maybe I should start a GoFundMe....
2007 California Vintage (left the nest)
2018 V7 III Special
2021 V85 Centenario

Offline Jorg66

• Gosling
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2023, 10:21:58 AM »
You do you.

Cudos to you Kev, very well put . Living in a cold and snowy part of any Country/State ,who wants to keep any Car/Truck outside.
I'd say,.... 'Garage expension'.
Myself ,moved our Bikes including shop into my Mother in Law ,...around the corner from us  :wink: best thing ever ,she always has coffee on .
Now 2019 California ,,2018 [ New] V7 III Carbon Dark
Ex  1979 Kreidler Florett, 1980 Z 550 , 1969Nuovo Falcone/ Polizzia,2006 VTX 1300 C ,1982 Honda CB 125 S

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2023, 10:36:45 AM »
Cudos to you Kev, very well put . Living in a cold and snowy part of any Country/State ,who wants to keep any Car/Truck outside.
I'd say,.... 'Garage expension'.
Myself ,moved our Bikes including shop into my Mother in Law ,...around the corner from us  :wink: best thing ever ,she always has coffee on .

Even in the southeast the UV will destroy your vehicle. Everything is under cover on my property except my enclosed trailer.
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline Jorg66

• Gosling
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2023, 11:03:46 AM »
Sorry ,very true ! UV is a Bastard, seats, tires and paint.
Now 2019 California ,,2018 [ New] V7 III Carbon Dark
Ex  1979 Kreidler Florett, 1980 Z 550 , 1969Nuovo Falcone/ Polizzia,2006 VTX 1300 C ,1982 Honda CB 125 S

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2023, 08:34:28 AM »

I guess I'm trying to talk myself out of making an offer on the Roamer (yes that's the one and it's the right color, and seemingly still available if the website is up to date).

Maybe I should just wait until the buyer actually picks up the RK hopefully later this month... and then see what happens. If I'm lucky the Roamer will be sold by then and I won't have to worry about it.

PS - yeah, I've also seen the new Bobber Sport at Xtreme as well. Same story....

WINNING!!!

I noticed on FacePlace the other day that XPS finally sold that Bobber Sport - so I can stop thinking about IT.

And then this morning I saw that Kissel has taken a deposit on the Roamer - so I can stop thinking about THAT too.

Thanks to those who bought them!

Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2023, 10:36:26 AM »
ha ha ha
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2023, 02:28:17 PM »
Interesting thread and I guess more than a few people are about to call BS on me here.  I recently obtained my 2nd test ride on a V85TT.  Granted, test rides were on bikes that had less than 200 miles so they were not greatly broken in so much.  This all being said, my former Roamer, lighter but supposedly less power, felt more at ease doing highway speeds of 75-80 than the V85TT.  The V85TT felt a lot more punchy in basic city riding and such, especially when you revved it out.  But on the highway at a steady 75, the Roamer engine just felt more relaxed.  That’s my impression from those specific demo bikes I rode.  Just saying.   :grin:
If I could have bought a V85 with the V9 motor for less money, I would certainly have ridden both back to back.
I’ve not been on a V9, but would have a go if opportunity knocked.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here