Author Topic: MGNOC National Rally in NH 2021  (Read 20469 times)

Online PJPR01

• Guzzi Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
Re: MGNOC National Rally in NH 2021
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2020, 01:27:59 PM »
Gee...only 2650+ miles (One Way) for me!!  :laugh: :grin: :wink: :rolleyes: :shocked: :huh:

arlington heights memorial library

Meet me in Memphis and we can ride that southern route you have planned...I've mapped it out also, although I was thinking of cutting across a bit lower, but we'll see.  I fancy a ride to NH, after all Randy always comes down to the GRIT rallies and wins Long distance rider awards every year!
Paul R
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2020, 04:24:58 PM »
Staring at the calendar yesterday....not 100% sure.  Work considerations.   :embarrassed:  Option A..."Planes, Trains & Automobiles" again or Option B which includes more saddle time from PHX.  Mostly Interstate jaunts.  I like option B but the other variables would have to be worked out.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Dirk_S

• www.dirkshearer.com
  • Guzzi Mentor
  • Doodler of doodles
    • www.DirkShearer.com
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2020, 04:31:26 PM »
Staring at the calendar yesterday....not 100% sure.  Work considerations.   :embarrassed:  Option A..."Planes, Trains & Automobiles" again or Option B which includes more saddle time from PHX.  Mostly Interstate jaunts.  I like option B but the other variables would have to be worked out.

If you ARE able to make it up, I’ll want to pick your brain about living in Phoenix. It’s in my shortlist of my next place of residence.
Current: ‘16 Guzzi V7 II Stone, ‘15 Ural Gear Up

Previous: ‘77 Kawasaki KZ400 Special, ‘78 Honda CX500S, ‘80 Honda CX500D, ‘11 Suzuki TU250X

Online Vagrant

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2020, 05:09:12 PM »
JMHO but you might want to burn that list and start over.
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2001 EV, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2020 V85 the fast red one!
L-196, L-197

Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2020, 05:09:12 PM »

Online TOMB

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2021, 09:14:25 PM »
I'm in.

Made my reservation yesterday at the Days Inn (it is just off Rt. 9 as you enter Keene) about five miles from the rally site.

Hope this virus thing had let up by then so we can

free img upload
 have some normal activity for a change.

My roommate for the weekend  is from NYC and we haven't seem each other in at least five years.

To old for camping we both agree on that.

I hope to bring my new to me my 72 Eldo if time permits to get it ready , but the Convert is available and ready now.

Hope you can make it

TOMB
TOMB

CENTRAL CONNECTICUT
1972 Eldorado new to me so "0" miles so far
1972 AMBASSADOR 169000 MILES
1978 G5 170000 MILES
1973 V7 SPORT 25000 MILES
1973 ELDORADO 300000+ MILES
1980 CX100 50 MILES
1976 CONVERT-62000 MILES AND BUILDING
1976 HONDA CB400F 27 MILES AND BUILDING SOLD

MGNOC # 2723

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2021, 10:02:49 PM »
JMHO but you might want to burn that list and start over.

What list.  Those are the options for travel.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Dirk_S

• www.dirkshearer.com
  • Guzzi Mentor
  • Doodler of doodles
    • www.DirkShearer.com
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2021, 10:33:48 PM »
What list.  Those are the options for travel.

That was in response to my comment about possibly moving to AZ.

Previous: ‘77 Kawasaki KZ400 Special, ‘78 Honda CX500S, ‘80 Honda CX500D, ‘11 Suzuki TU250X

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2021, 06:17:26 AM »
That was in response to my comment about possibly moving to AZ.

Tom lives in the middle of the ocean. He stashes bikes around the country to ride when here..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

02 Scura RC
87 AeroLario
79 G5
95 Skorpion tour

I think senility is going to be a fairly smooth transition for me..

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2021, 03:47:09 PM »
I actually lived in Mesa, AZ for almost 10 years and I also play a resident now.  Like Chuck said I have stashed bikes in different parts of the country to pu and ride to the MGNOC National Rally.  Only area I haven't spent that much time is in the SE.

Dirk I did send a PM to you for specific questions on AZ.  I still go there on a frequent basis.  PM me if you still want to pick my brain.  There are a number of guys on the forum that have made the transition. 

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2021, 08:52:43 PM »
More details for the rally.  Randy is looking at breaking even on the costs.  The incentive is not to make a profit but to sponsor the rally so that there is a National rally.

The rally fee covers:3 dinners, camping for the rally & open soft drink fountain includes coffee, iced tea & lemonade.  Breakfasts will be available for purchase. 

Within the cost of the rally are deposit to reserve the fairgrounds, $1 million insurance bond, security and porta potties.  Not sure on the requirement for the fire department to be there for the campfire.   :rolleyes:

The campgrounds are on a grassy area.  Electrical outlets in the dining pavilion.  Hot showers and also flush toilets.  Ever camp at a rough National campground out West?  No running water.  You're lucky if you can wash in a creek and black bears included. :shocked:

Don't know if additional charges for RV hookups.

100th anniversary tees available for purchase.

Still no confirmation on the USA Moto Guzzi demo fleet showing up.  (I'd pay to beat up a new model bike  :evil:)

Some celebrities have invited.  No confirmation.  Billy Joel - His shop is near by.  The BOSS.  If he still has his bike.

Nearby some really nice roads.  Loudon Classic for motorcycle races.  Some good Chinese restaurants in town.  I found a liquor store nearby.  I got some Bulleitt Bourbon for late night for the fire.  Last time around there was a lot of beer in the communal ice chests.   :thumb:

The nearest supermarket can steam lobsters and there is sushi.  Had that and beer for Saturday lunch.   :food:  Good mix of food. 

One set rally fee.  There was discussion on maybe a separate meal ticket in additional to the rally fee.  The problem is that extra requirements to have the rally still need to be covered.  Fairgrounds, insurance, security, porta potties etc.  This is not like a large rally like Sturgis, Americade or BMWOA.  If they make some money, they're lucky.  There is no ala cartel.

I'll be collecting the meal tickets again.  The excuses that the free loading moochers try are amazing.  "I thought the meals are free."  No, they're included in the rally fee.  "I left the tickets in my tent/hotel room."   :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:  Fair warning...your tickets in hand while standing in line.

Yeah.....I'll pay the rally fee and buy a tee plus volunteer.

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2021, 12:50:45 PM »
Bump.

Offline Texas Turnip

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2021, 02:34:20 PM »
Pay the damn rally fee. It is a nightmare at the sign in table when you have people that don't want to pay for certain meals because they are not GMO approved. Or they just want to look around. Go to a nudist camp and see if you can get in to "just look around". I've been associated with m/c rallies since 1959 and Moto Guzzi rallies since 1971. Be thankful that someone wants to put in the countless hours to host the event.

I go to events and don't partake in the bike show, free beer, demo rides,etc  but still gladly pay the FULL entry fee. My longtime Guzzi friend, Steve Walker, from Arkansas put it best when he said the rally fee is worth just visiting with old friends and making new ones.

the rally fee is a bargain. What does it cost to go to any major sporting event? You can't afford it because you've spent all your money at Starbucks or bought a Powdered Comanche, then let me know and I'll take up a collection for you.

Tex

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2021, 02:57:40 PM »
Yeah and if you're lucky a guy from Texas will buy an ice cream cone in Minnesota before your bike is drowned.  🤪🤪🤪   :boozing:

Offline Dirk_S

• www.dirkshearer.com
  • Guzzi Mentor
  • Doodler of doodles
    • www.DirkShearer.com
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2021, 03:07:24 PM »
For what it’s worth, there’s no guarantee that this dang virus pandemic stuff is over by then. Likely, sure, but it might be enough of a question mark that some are choosing to wait a month or three before signing that check.

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2021, 03:12:15 PM »
Totally get it.  The rally is planned for June however.  From past experience, participants start their planning during the Winter months.   🙆‍♂️🙆‍♂️

Offline travelingbyguzzi

• Guzzi Hero
  • God hates a coward
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2021, 06:03:44 PM »
The esteemed Mr. Teft has quite a few upfront expenses. I plan to preregister for 2 this weekend.  The taverns are all closed in WA state, so I had just as well send my drinking money to Randy,
73 Eldorado
80 Sp
85 Cal II
97 1100Sport
08 1200 Sport AKA:Sweet Leaf
I'm not really drowning; I can see the beach from here.

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2021, 06:08:44 PM »
 :thumb:  Kind of the way that I look at it.

Online PJPR01

• Guzzi Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2021, 11:48:05 AM »
The esteemed Mr. Teft has quite a few upfront expenses. I plan to preregister for 2 this weekend.  The taverns are all closed in WA state, so I had just as well send my drinking money to Randy,

Damn...there goes my chance at winning long distance award if Mr. Lovelady makes it across!  :)

Trying to figure out work / vacation schedule as well, already booked for Colorado for 2 weeks in May, and would need to take another 2 weeks to enjoy a leisurely pace from Houston up to NH, and if you're that close, might as well do some of Canada too!

Would love a Tshirt, pins and other goodies that will most likely be available, might just send in the payment for that alone in the event I can't make it.
Paul R
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2021, 11:55:00 AM »
Richard & Fay will come up from Phoenix.  I'm still trying to see if I can arrange the ride from Phoenix too.  If not it's Planes, Trains & Automobiles 2.0 redux.  🤪  Doing a ride is easier than that.  :grin:

Online SLDMRossi

• Guzzi Hero
NH Rally Hotel(s)...Suggestion
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2021, 02:41:40 PM »
Having just spent some time booking a Hotel in Keene, NH for the 2021 Rally, I suggest you get right on it and do the same...if you haven't already. There are rooms available, but...the rates are sure high! And they'll only go up as we head toward the Summer.

I'm at the Fairfield Downtown, so my wife can walk around a bit if she doesn't want to do all the Moto Guzzi stuff. There's also a Marriott Courtyard there. The other choices are out along the main roads, in and out of Keene...with no access to anything else.

Steven Rossi

Online TOMB

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2021, 06:39:28 PM »
I'm booked at the Days Inn, 3 nights @ $139.00 x tax per night, got a 15% discount because of the three nights.

I asked about a Military / senior discounts and got 15% for booking the 3 nights.

TOMB

CENTRAL CONNECTICUT

1978 G5 170000 MILES
1980 CX100 50 MILES
1976 CONVERT-62000 MILES AND BUILDING

MGNOC # 2723
TOMB

CENTRAL CONNECTICUT
1978 G5 170000 MILES
1980 CX100 50 MILES
1976 CONVERT-62000 MILES AND BUILDING

MGNOC # 2723

Online LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2021, 07:45:56 PM »
repost 

I took a great road trip from OKC to NYC by way of Maine.  Fantastic.  Great roads, great scenery.

Stopped in St Louis and had Italian on the Hill.  Then Columbus at the AMA museum and a great night in Cleveland and R&R Hall of Fame.  Then a resort on Lake Erie and tour of covered bridges.  Then to Niagara Falls and original Buffalo wings.  Then on to Lake George.  A tour around Lake Champlain and overnight in Burlington (I should've taken time for Montreal, dang it).   Then a road trip to Maine through fall foliage.  A weekend in Ogunquit ME.  Then upstate NY and a visit to FDR's place at Hyde Park (driving past Woodstock and Levon Helm Dr).  Then parked the car in New Jersey via Palisades and took a ferry to Manhattan where we spent a week.   Then trip back through Roanoke Virginia and couple of nights in Nashville.  Then back home.

Even the interstate hwy travel was good.   Tons of great roads and beautiful America.   It's hard to screw up a trip to the NE unless you have no time and have to rush and hooof it;  if so, then why do it?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 07:47:29 PM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline travelingbyguzzi

• Guzzi Hero
  • God hates a coward
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2021, 08:06:46 PM »
Damn...there goes my chance at winning long distance award if Mr. Lovelady makes it across!  :)

Trying to figure out work / vacation schedule as well, already booked for Colorado for 2 weeks in May, and would need to take another 2 weeks to enjoy a leisurely pace from Houston up to NH, and if you're that close, might as well do some of Canada too!

Would love a Tshirt, pins and other goodies that will most likely be available, might just send in the payment for that alone in the event I can't make it.

I am also out. Richard Guthrie lives 5 miles west of me. If Cookie comes, we will probably fly her partway. Maybe to Kalamazoo where a relative lives. Plus, it is fun to say Kalamazoo.

Bill Lovelady       IS
Eskimo Spy
73 Eldorado
80 Sp
85 Cal II
97 1100Sport
08 1200 Sport AKA:Sweet Leaf
I'm not really drowning; I can see the beach from here.

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2021, 01:55:43 PM »
Start your planning now. 

Offline Bulldog9

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2021, 02:32:34 PM »
It's in my calendar, and hope to make it. Still waiting on some work issues. I will be changing jobs, and not sure when my start date at the new job is. Will either be coming from Alexandria VA or Sumter SC.

Any word on ride routes and style? I'd love to take the Stornello, would be a good test of the setup and carrying capability is huge and best if there are a bunch of back/gravel roads, but also want to take the Convert, which has those huge DB saddle bags. I trust it for all day rides, but not sure about a 1400 mile round trip yet. Both will be on new tires/tubes for the ride. Or maybe the 1200 Sport.... The 30L HB bags would make packing tight, would have to get one of those seat mounted dry bags for the camping gear and week long trip. Decisions decisions..........
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2007 GRiSO, 2016 Stornello #742, 2008 1200 Sport
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT,  In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF (134K miles and going)

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2021, 05:46:59 PM »
N out of Phx.  on Beeline Hwy.  Right hand turn Winslow/Holbrook.  I40 Eastbound.  PU 66 east.  Head towards the west side of the Appalachias.  Left hand turn going north to Northern PA. through Arkansas, Tenn., KY & OH.  Right turn through N. Ohio & N. PA. going East.

Offline Dirk_S

• www.dirkshearer.com
  • Guzzi Mentor
  • Doodler of doodles
    • www.DirkShearer.com
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2021, 06:27:30 PM »
Those with the travel and time bandwidth who would prefer to avoid 95 all the way will enjoy going through the Poconos for peace of mind. Taking the route up into the Green Mts- even better. Regardless, I avoid 95 when possible, I like exiting and returning into NH via 84 when I have to be speedy.  I think 84 has less crazies. I’m sure I’ll have more recommendations as we draw nearer.

Offline brider

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2021, 06:37:43 PM »
I'll be there. Been waiting for a Nat'l to show up in my neck of the woods, last one I went to was the Nat'l @ Paul Smith's college near Lake placid, what, 18 yrs ago? Long overdue for me.
'85 Cal II Auto
'86 LM IV (sold)
'71 Ambo project
Wish'd I'd never sold:
'72 Red Eldo
'74 White Eldo LAPD
'77 Convert with DB bags
'06 Gas Gas EC300

Offline s1120

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2021, 04:16:36 AM »
Still tossing this around, and I really hope to go. At this point Im pretty sure i will be camping. With the unknown about - still looming, I will just plan to avoid the hotels, and no risk loosing a deposit. Last few years ive been spending my summers out on cape cod, so depending on weather this spring, I might be heading north from the cape, or east from home in NY. The trip from home is much nicer of a ride by far!!  Not sure there is a non highway/city ride from cape cod north to NH....   I thought about road tripping it each day also... not a real bad ride...  about 150 miles.  But you miss so much only being there part of the day.
Paul B

Offline Texas Turnip

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2021, 10:26:53 AM »
I sent in the money for Beaver and some extra $$ for Randy to use for rewarding the long distance male and female.

Looks like this will be my third National to miss since they started.
Tex

Harper's Moto Guzzi
Harper's Moto Guzzi. Where we still answer the phone, use the highest quality parts, and also do Transmission, rear drive, and carb rebuilds fast. Call us at 816.697.3411 and get your problems resolved.
http://www.harpermoto.com
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here