Author Topic: MGNOC National Rally in NH 2021  (Read 20481 times)

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
Re: MGNOC National Rally in NH 2021
« Reply #180 on: February 13, 2021, 02:16:22 PM »
When you get into the area.  There a number of restaurants to satisfy everyone.  Hindi Indian, Thai, Japanese, Cantonese Chinese, Italian, American Continental & American Bistro. 
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline s1120

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2021, 04:45:35 AM »
If I-84 East is part of your route, then the following may be of some help:

I-84 to Newburgh-Beacon Bridge over the Hudson river.
After approx. 15 miles (after the bridge), take the Taconic Parkway North
Taconic North to Rt 295 (sign-last exit before toll)       
RT295 East to Rt22 North                                                       
Rt 22 North to Rt 7(NY) East                                                 
Rt7 (becomes 9) East to Keene                                             
At Keene RT 9 turns North, you go straight onto Rt12 (sign)
Rt 12 South to Fair Grounds (on right) 

Part of the above was suggested by Harry on the NJ forum   

Nick                             

Just a tip on this...  make sure its not dusk when you hit the Taconic parkway!!   There are a TON of deer, and they are EVERYWHERE!!  Im less then 10 min from the Taconic/295 part.
Paul B

Offline Nick

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2021, 08:18:21 AM »
Just a tip on this...  make sure its not dusk when you hit the Taconic parkway!!   There are a TON of deer, and they are EVERYWHERE!!  Im less then 10 min from the Taconic/295 part.
I've ridden that route many times, but never after dark. Regarding the Taconic, I do know that there are many NY State troopers playing peek-a-boo in the median.  :wink:

Online kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Guzzi Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
    • King of Fleece LLC SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2021, 02:05:18 PM »
yep.  Do not speed there.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi

« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2021, 02:05:18 PM »

Offline s1120

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2021, 07:53:08 AM »
I've ridden that route many times, but never after dark. Regarding the Taconic, I do know that there are many NY State troopers playing peek-a-boo in the median.  :wink:

Ya there are!  But really as long as your not being stupid..  Most cars tend to drive 5-10mph over..  The bigger worry after that and the deer is that there are cross roads...  A lot of people drive it like its the highway, but flying along at 75 and have someone come out of a cross road is not something you really want to do. The veiws are nice though..  and traffic is not bad... at least on the northern end.
Paul B

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2021, 05:05:15 PM »
Bump for lack of words.  :grin:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline mojohand

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2021, 10:54:36 AM »
Had a marvelous time in '15 with Randy and crew. ook a few pics on the ride up and at the rally. Did a total of 1420.7 miles up and back.
Richmond, VA, USA
-----
2018 KTM 1290 Super Adventure S
2020 BMW R1250RS
-----

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2021, 07:22:48 PM »
 :thumb:

Offline JohninVT

• Guzzi Mentor
« Reply #188 on: February 18, 2021, 05:48:57 PM »
When you get into the area.  There a number of restaurants to satisfy everyone.  Hindi Indian, Thai, Japanese, Cantonese Chinese, Italian, American Continental & American Bistro.

You forgot to mention Vietnamese.  Itís called Pho Keene Great.  Yes, for real.  The brisket pho is excellent. 

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #189 on: February 18, 2021, 08:09:37 PM »

Offline Nick

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #190 on: February 20, 2021, 06:24:08 AM »
Wow...less than 4 months to go  :bike-037:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 10:59:34 AM by Nick »

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #191 on: February 20, 2021, 01:24:11 PM »
The vaccinations seem to be wavering in the roll-out.   :tongue:

Offline travelingbyguzzi

• Guzzi Hero
  • God hates a coward
« Reply #192 on: February 20, 2021, 10:16:08 PM »
I almost certainly will not have mine by then. WA state is only doing a mediocre job of dispensing and I am in the last category.
However, I expect most restrictions to be lifted by then. Traveling by Guzzi should be a good way to spend the month of June.
73 Eldorado
80 Sp
85 Cal II
97 1100Sport
08 1200 Sport AKA:Sweet Leaf
I'm not really drowning; I can see the beach from here.

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #193 on: February 24, 2021, 12:35:49 AM »
bump

Offline ChuckH

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2021, 06:24:56 AM »
I almost certainly will not have mine by then. WA state is only doing a mediocre job of dispensing and I am in the last category.
However, I expect most restrictions to be lifted by then. Traveling by Guzzi should be a good way to spend the month of June. 

I'm not certain that's true.  My wife and I got our second shot a couple days ago.  Yesterday I saw one of my doctors (different problem) and we discussed when the restrictions were likely to be relaxed.  Her comment was the medical community fully expects the current type of restrictions (masks, distancing, etc) to be in force for much of this calendar year.  Then, also yesterday, I saw that Dr Fauci (sp?) made the comment that he expected us to be wearing masks until 2022, at least.  I don't think they really know at this time but the approach will probably be to err on the side of safety.
Essential to the pursuit of happiness is knowing when you've caught it.
Life's what happens while you're making other plans.
I always knew I'd get old.  How fast it happened was a bit of a surprise, though.

'08 Chevy Corvette (non-Stealth, Bright Red)

Offline travelingbyguzzi

• Guzzi Hero
  • God hates a coward
« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2021, 08:28:18 AM »
All I really care about is that taverns and restaurants be open. I hate eating out of gas stations.
73 Eldorado
80 Sp
85 Cal II
97 1100Sport
08 1200 Sport AKA:Sweet Leaf
I'm not really drowning; I can see the beach from here.

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #196 on: February 25, 2021, 06:53:10 PM »
Honolulu County announced that the County moved into another tier.  Only gatherings up to 10 in a restaurant setting and no limits in a retail setting.  Masks of course and social distancing.

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #197 on: March 02, 2021, 07:19:10 PM »
"They" lowered the age to 65 & older for the vaccinations out here.  Hope you guys are doing well.   :thumb:

Offline gerryp

• Weekend Warrior
« Reply #198 on: March 03, 2021, 06:17:15 AM »

B&B accommodations.

I know a few members are staying at the Tartan Fox. 

Just wondering if anyone else (besides me) are staying at the Bridges Inn B&B (10 miles from the fair grounds and 5 miles past The Fox).

Gerry
2015 Guzzi V7 Stone - Gloss Red

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #199 on: March 06, 2021, 01:14:00 PM »
Bump

Online Luap McKeever

• Owner, WildGuzzi.com
  • Administrator
  • Guzzi Hero
  • Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
    • Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
« Reply #200 on: March 07, 2021, 06:52:57 AM »
Lets try and avoid a mask / anti-mask debate here and stay on topic please. Thanks.
Founder, Wildguzzi.com (est. 1998)
2001 California Special
2001 EV

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #201 on: March 07, 2021, 02:11:35 PM »
The posting of the states that are dropping the mask requirement was an advisory for touring to the National and not a yes/no on the mask.  (disclaimer) I was not to injecting an opinion on it. 

Unfortunately that's how some see it and extrapolate their opinions into it.  Exception noted!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 02:19:52 PM by Tom »

Offline s1120

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #202 on: March 08, 2021, 05:04:46 AM »
One step closer here..  Everyone that is old enough in my house has one or bolth shots so ill feel a lot better going.
Paul B

Offline bad Chad

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #203 on: March 08, 2021, 12:09:57 PM »
Tom, the rally is over 14 weeks ! 
Do you think youíre mask update now will have any relevance to anyone 3 1/2 months from now?
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

oldbike54

« Reply #204 on: March 08, 2021, 12:12:42 PM »
 <sigh> Fellas , Luap asked nicely ...

Dusty

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #205 on: March 10, 2021, 04:46:39 PM »
No comment. 

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #206 on: March 14, 2021, 01:10:18 PM »
Bump.

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #207 on: March 20, 2021, 02:47:30 PM »
Okay......just got off the phone with Randy & Natalie.  They send their "Aloha!".  Pre-registrations are above the last time they did the National Rally.  They still need pre-registrations to help pay for the deposits that are needed to fund the rally.  Same as the same weekend as Laconia down the road.  You can do a 2-fer.  One visit to a large HD ally and you'll like a Moto Guzzi rally.

Menu not set but the caterer needs the number to plan for the meals.  Open soda fountain, ice tea & coffee through-out the day.   :thumb: 

Tees will be available for purchase commemorating the 100th anniversary of Moto Guzzi.  The Moto Guzzi demo fleet is not 100% in Yet.  They're looking at Americade instead which should be move to the Fall.  That's on another thread.

For pre-registrations, there will be some souvenir goodies and give-aways. 

They will be doing a "Shave a day" fund raiser.  A barber will on-site to shave beards off to raise funds for a local charity.  Randy said that he's growing a beard for this event.   :grin:  I asked if he would do haircuts too.  He said that "Yeah....he could shave your head too."  "uh......maybe not."   :grin:

For you foodies, as mentioned earlier, there are a lot of restaurants in the area of every type of cuisine that you can imagine.  I haven't checked for Ethiopian or Middle Easter but I wouldn't be surprised.  Local supermarkets have live lobsters and will steam them for your picnic.   :thumb:

There is an American Legion Post in Keene and very active bar/restaurant w/live band.  Cheap eats/ drinks   :thumb:    https://www.facebook.com/ALPost4Keene

There's also a VFW post in Keene.  https://www.facebook.com/pg/VFW-Post-799-155945464430355/events/?ref=page_internal.   

Offline gerryp

• Weekend Warrior
« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2021, 07:16:46 PM »

Tom,

Thanks for the update in the national.

Gerry
2015 Guzzi V7 Stone - Gloss Red

Online Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2021, 07:20:23 PM »
Randy did say that he was getting a bunch of phone calls from new Guzzistas.

There is some Indian (Hindu) restaurants in the area.  Only Ethiopian restaurants are in Mass. 

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here