Author Topic: I like this classic Yamaha Enduro!  (Read 886 times)

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
I like this classic Yamaha Enduro!
« on: May 11, 2021, 09:18:08 AM »
What a fun little 2-stroke this would be to have in the ol' stable!! :bow: :thumb: :boozing: :cool: :wink: :smiley: :thumb:

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Siamese

• Gosling
Re: I like this classic Yamaha Enduro!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 10:29:56 AM »
Nice bike, but the 360 had some more pep.  I had a couple different 360's in the 70's and they were great all-round bikes.  The suspension was nothing like today's, of course.  They weren't too tall, and they had comfy seats, and being two-strokes, they were fairly smooth.  Always thought they were great looking machines, ditto for the 250. 

Offline wymple

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 02:58:14 PM »
I grew up on those Yamahas. 125, 175, & 250. My little brother the maniac rode the 360's which were the monsters of the day in our world. Nobody could climb hills & stuff with him.
No trees were harmed by the conveyance of this message, but a lot of electrons were seriously disturbed.

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 06:05:28 PM »
Yes, my very first *NEW* motorcycle at age 17, was a 1971 Yamaha RT1-B 360 Enduro.  Great bike!
Years later, I bought another one on eBay at kept it at my cousin's house in Fishkill, NY.  Rode it around a bit, and then sold to a pilot from PA.  Sadly, it never made it to Arizona...Here are photos of the 2nd one... :thumb: :cool: :smiley:

'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 06:05:28 PM »

Offline Tiny Tim

• New Egg
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 06:39:55 PM »
Couple pics of the Yamaha CT1 175s I built and raced with AHRMA

Offline craigclu

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 08:11:11 PM »
My brother and 2 friends and I bought 4 of these at the same time (the green year)...  Much fun ensued!
He who is without oil shall cast out the first rod...”-Detonations 5:72.

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 07:10:11 AM »
Back in 71, I bought a 360 version and rode it all over theOregon mountains and desert. great ride.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2021, 01:38:26 PM »
At $4,000 now...and still one day to GO!! :thumb: :wink: :boozing: :cool: :smiley:  This is a nice example!! :thumb:
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2021, 04:29:43 PM »
I just KNEW a nice example like this would go for $$$ TOP DOLLAR!! $$$  $9,030, including the 5% Buyers Premium!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :cool:

'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Brand X

• Gosling
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2021, 09:30:46 AM »
My friend bought that exact same bike new in 1972.. I use to ride it all the time. Pretty doggy compared to the 360 of those years.. I believe I would pay about  the same price as in 1972. Under $1000.00 for sure..  :evil: I am thinking a new 2021 XT-250 would  (had one) and the extra 4 grand left over would be a much smarter way to go if you are really riding one..88 mpg, faster, more reliable, and just better built in every way..

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 10:21:04 AM »
My friend bought that exact same bike new in 1972.. I use to ride it all the time. Pretty doggy compared to the 360 of those years.. I believe I would pay about  the same price as in 1972. Under $1000.00 for sure..  :evil: I am thinking a new 2021 XT-250 would  (had one) and the extra 4 grand left over would be a much smarter way to go if you are really riding one..88 mpg, faster, more reliable, and just better built in every way..

Although I love vintage motorcycles, you are correct...a modern one is clearly the way to go.  So I was recently looking at what the BIG FOUR (Japanese) have to offer these days for a nice 250cc Dual Sport.  Lots of great choices! :thumb: :cool: :wink:  There is one in my future for sure...
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Brand X

• Gosling
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2021, 10:52:37 AM »
Although I love vintage motorcycles, you are correct...a modern one is clearly the way to go.  So I was recently looking at what the BIG FOUR (Japanese) have to offer these days for a nice 250cc Dual Sport.  Lots of great choices! :thumb: :cool: :wink:  There is one in my future for sure...

I had a few over the years, and the Kawasaki platform is another good one. (with updates now in effect} The older bikes are certainly cool in their own right, but if it was somewhat boring back in the day, it's not going to be much better now.. :grin: I remember riding a XL-250 (stock to stock) against a later green tank 250 Yamaha enduro.. The Honda would flat walk away from a Yamaha in a roll on..

Offline Archangel

• New Egg
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2021, 03:02:34 PM »

Absolutley! I bought an XT250 last summer and just love it! Quite the Polar opposite from my Stelvio. Great go anywhere, do anything smaller bike. Unless of course you want to spend a lot of time on an interstates. It will go 65-70 mph all day if you want, but not many riders would find that much fun. Back roads (or no roads) is where it shines.  Reminds me of my old DT400 back in the day :)
2022 V7 850 Special
2017 Yamaha XT250
2013 Stelvio NTX - Sold
1995 Cali 1100 - Sold

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here