Author Topic: Future shock.( Kiwi Roy will be the new Roper..)  (Read 1269 times)

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Future shock.( Kiwi Roy will be the new Roper..)
« on: May 11, 2021, 04:14:41 PM »
I can see it now..
In the future it won’t matter if you can get a 1400 motor internals into a set of V7 cases or rebuild a CARC with an icy pole stick.
Kiwi Roy will be conducting on line tutorials on Wild Guzzi about diodes and soldering iron etiquette....

Offline moto-uno

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Future shock.( Kiwi Roy will be the new Roper..)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 05:44:27 PM »
  Just the way I like it  :bow: . Peter

Offline leroysch

• Gosling
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 07:37:15 PM »
I'm glad the Subject Matter Expert is not in a state of flux.
'88 FLST
'95 Ducati 916
'04 V11 LeMans
'06 FLHX
'09 Buell 1125R
'17 BMW R Nine T
'19 H2 SX SE+
'22 Pan America

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 06:09:35 AM »
I wondered for a week, what was the meaning of this post, unlike the Roper man Peter knows I know dick all about mechanics, electrical and instrumentation are my trades.
Perhaps he's referring to how Pete Roper finally quit trying to give away the benefit of his decades of experience and stopped posting here.
It gets kind of old when you try to explain an electrical problem in great detail to have your explanation completely ignored and be told, "It needs a new battery", is that what you meant Huzo?
I used to be able to solder pretty dammed good in the days before crimp tools took over, its a skill you don't really need any more.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 06:17:47 AM by Kiwi_Roy »
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 06:09:35 AM »

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 06:29:31 AM »
I wondered for a week, what was the meaning of this post, unlike the Roper man Peter knows I know dick all about mechanics, electrical and instrumentation are my trades.
Perhaps he's referring to how Pete Roper finally quit trying to give away the benefit of his decades of experience and stopped posting here.
It gets kind of old when you try to explain an electrical problem in great detail to have your explanation completely ignored and be told, "It needs a new battery", is that what you meant Huzo?
I used to be able to solder pretty dammed good in the days before crimp tools took over, its a skill you don't really need any more.
Yep.
The emergence and eventual adoption of electric vehicles, will relegate people with a lifetime of experience and knowlege, to the metaphorical human scrap heap.
Leaving those with a deep knowlege of automotive electrical and electronic systems, as the go to standouts in repair and diagnostic skills. I wondered about this on my way home from Peter’s with my rebuilt CARC, and thought that I’m glad I won’t have to live in a world where what we have today is a distant romantic memory.
Yes KR, you remind me of him a lot, you nailed it... :bow: :thumb:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 06:31:37 AM by Huzo »

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 02:47:21 PM »
I started my apprenticeship on the NZ Railways right at the end of the steam era.
With all the old steam trains and traction engines around I wonder if someone with a steam ticket would be in demand?
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2021, 03:43:30 PM »
I started my apprenticeship on the NZ Railways right at the end of the steam era.
With all the old steam trains and traction engines around I wonder if someone with a steam ticket would be in demand?
:thumb:

Offline guzziownr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2021, 03:47:21 PM »
Roy just pulled my fat out of the fryer with an electrical question on the Griso list so...  :thumb:
If you ever feel like no one pays attention to you, try making a sandwich in front of your dog

Offline bacongrease

• Gosling
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2021, 06:56:45 PM »

When ole Roy finally croaks,
 we need to pickle his brain for further references.
Archives, you know.

Offline Markcarovilli

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2021, 07:24:24 PM »
I got the reference Huzo - but kinda hoping I don’t need KR to keep my wheels moving.  No offense to you KR, but not looking to the day that IC engines go away….

Mark

Offline John Warner

• Gosling
  • Growing old is mandatory, growing up is not . . .
    • Stelvio/V85 Owners Group FB
Future shock.( Kiwi Roy will be the new Roper..)
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 03:47:53 PM »
The I.C.E. will be around for many decades yet.
As soon as Electric Vehicles are widely adopted, I doubt the hard-core environmentalists will be too bothered about a relatively tiny number of Petrol fuelled Bikes still running around.
Doc out . . .
Stelvio Owners Group on FB ~ https://www.facebook.com/groups/888995181188209/?fref=nf

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2021, 03:59:31 PM »
The I.C.E. will be around for many decades yet.
As soon as Electric Vehicles are widely adopted, I doubt the hard-core environmentalists will be too bothered about a relatively tiny number of Petrol fuelled Bikes still running around.
Yes but..
Will the refineries and major outlets keep the infrastructure going ? I think Volkswagen just sold their stake in Ducati or something, to focus on electric vehicles... :clock: :clock: :clock:
What will/would happen, if legislation comes in to restrict pollutants/litre ?
Also the fact that 4 people on Norge’s pollute a lot more on a 1000 k trip, than a Hyundai Getz with four on board doing the same trip. Remember that the people who will legislate us into oblivion are faceless, heartless businessmen, who have to make a decision between facilitating those who want to enjoy their remaining years as they have always done.
Or...
Passing new laws that appease the people who will either make them rich and keep them in power.
Have a look at the overnight change/s that were made to smokers. It was “you’re banned, get over it... and no, I am not one and never have been. There are only two things I’ve never had in my mouth... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 04:09:06 PM by Huzo »

Online SIR REAL ED

• Gaggle Hero
  • uh.... it's personal....
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2021, 04:50:15 AM »
Yes but..
Will the refineries and major outlets keep the infrastructure going ? I think Volkswagen just sold their stake in Ducati or something, to focus on electric vehicles... :clock: :clock: :clock:
What will/would happen, if legislation comes in to restrict pollutants/litre ?
Also the fact that 4 people on Norge’s pollute a lot more on a 1000 k trip, than a Hyundai Getz with four on board doing the same trip. Remember that the people who will legislate us into oblivion are faceless, heartless businessmen, who have to make a decision between facilitating those who want to enjoy their remaining years as they have always done.
Or...
Passing new laws that appease the people who will either make them rich and keep them in power.
Have a look at the overnight change/s that were made to smokers. It was “you’re banned, get over it... and no, I am not one and never have been. There are only two things I’ve never had in my mouth... :rolleyes:

Everyone driving electric vehicles is not a rational solution.  Then again, the masses never are.  As a friend says "It is a unworkable solution to an imaginary problem!"

However, I agree with your statement, a lot of money and power will be gained by those who wish to cater to the irrational mob.

Anyone who thinks electric vehicles are solution to "climate change" or pollution has not thought much about the pollution created by the manufacturing of the infrastructure needed to make their dream a reality.

Tulip bulb mania all over again, again.
"If reading shite on the internet will trigger your head exploding, please wrap your head in Gorilla tape before logging on.  Thanks!!!"

2019 Beta EVO 250
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
1994, 2001, & 2002 MZ Skorpions
1992 YAMAHA TDM850

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2021, 05:39:52 AM »

Everyone driving electric vehicles is not a rational solution.  Then again, the masses never are.  As a friend says "It is a unworkable solution to an imaginary problem!"

However, I agree with your statement, a lot of money and power will be gained by those who wish to cater to the irrational mob.

Anyone who thinks electric vehicles are solution to "climate change" or pollution has not thought much about the pollution created by the manufacturing of the infrastructure needed to make their dream a reality.

Tulip bulb mania all over again, again.
It doesn’t need to make sense if it makes dollars...

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here