Author Topic: Dear Connecticut Guzzisti...if you have any problem at CT DMV  (Read 991 times)

Offline SLDMRossi

• Gaggle Hero
Dear Connecticut Guzzisti...if you have any problem at CT DMV
« on: August 05, 2021, 06:19:36 PM »
Well, I went to register my new V85 TT Centenario and the Old Saybrook DMV Office refused to accept it. In their words, "Moto Guzzi does not exist in our system." Even though I was transferring a live Connecticut license plate from my 2008 Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport. "Go to Wethersfield, and take the bike with you for a Safety inspection." Even though it's brand new, on a Certificate of Origin, with an Odometer Disclosure Statement that says 9 miles. Here we go again...

Long story short, Moto Guzzi falls under the Piaggio Manufacturer License within the Connecticut DMV system. It's listed as one of their brands. Unfortunately though, the DMV nitwits won't go to effort to look up the License to see what's under the umbrella and just say...sorry. Go to Wethersfield. I went as high as the Office Supervisor, and she wouldn't do anything, either. I went to CT because I wanted to save my "SR" vanity plate from the 1200 Sport.

So I pulled some strings, and now have a copy of Piaggio's Connecticut DMV License which clearly calls out Moto Guzzi. Jim Hamlin has a copy, too. My 2021 V85 TT is now Registered after Round 2 in Wethersfield...with various Parks and Recreation fees, etc. So if you have any CT DMV business let me know. And I'll send you a copy.

Steven Rossi
(248) 470-5788

Offline Howard R

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Dear Connecticut Guzzisti...if you have any problem at CT DMV
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 07:31:39 PM »
When I moved to PA, for a brief period I had a registered 1996 Sport 1100 Motor Lift.
Littlestown, PA  USA

1996 Sport 1100
1998 Centauro

MGNOC # L-707

Offline TOMB

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 10:26:32 AM »
Steve I would like a copy of that license I'm going to need it to get the Eldorado registered thanks in advance,

Tom Bailey
TOMB

CENTRAL CONNECTICUT
1972 Eldorado new to me so "0" miles so far
1972 AMBASSADOR 169000 MILES
1978 G5 170000 MILES
1973 V7 SPORT 25000 MILES
1973 ELDORADO 300000+ MILES
1980 CX100 50 MILES
1976 CONVERT-62000 MILES AND BUILDING
1976 HONDA CB400F 27 MILES AND BUILDING SOLD

MGNOC # 2723

Offline steven c

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 10:38:49 AM »
Steve glad your bike finally showed up can't wait to see it. Sorry about CT DMV, I want to put the LeMans back on the road and lost my old registration so I don't know what issues I'll run into. Having registered a bunch of Guzzi's in CT I have never had any issue's in Enfield.
2020 V85TT Traveler
74 949 Eldorado

75 Benelli 250
2006 Buell Ulysses
78 Honda XL125

MGNOC 6412

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 10:38:49 AM »

Offline Stretch

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 11:30:41 AM »
You'd think with the wealthy folks on the Gold Coast and the proximity to NYC, registering
exotica would be old hat to the CT DMV. Bugatti, Aston Martin, Bentley, Tesla,
Morgan, Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo, etc...

-Stretch
1967? Change Jiang M1M
1978 Yamaha SR500
1987 BMW K75S
2011 Kawasaki KLR650
2011 Triumph Rocket III Touring
2015 Triumph Trophy
2017 Moto Guzzi 1400 California Touring

Offline SLDMRossi

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2021, 12:40:42 PM »
Connecticut Gold Coast, indeed...there isn't an Aprilia dealer anymore in the entire State! If they're not selling this close to New York, then where are they selling?

And of course, there's only one Moto Guzzi dealer in Connecticut. Fortunately, it's Jim Hamlin!

SR

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 01:36:02 PM »
Yeah, he knows his stuff.   :thumb:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Roebling3

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2021, 02:52:38 PM »
T'was bad enuf b4 the pandemic. It's a lot worse now, as you have noted, Steven.

I signed on with the MA idiots before thanxgiving last year, for a trailer reg. renew along w/2 motorcycles. After 4 wx, then 6 followed by 2 more weeks there only comment was; we/ve never seen it. While I'm holding the signed, certified & registered mail response card in hand.

I reproduced all needed paperwork and sent it to my sweet accommodating friends in VT. Eleven weeks in and I was told the same thing as Massachusetts, yesterday! Again w/cert. & reg.I now have an in person meeting scheduled for 30 August, 2021, @ 12:15.  Wanna bet they'll be out to lunch?

My local PO can be trusted with small children & your grandmum, no matter what. That load of ----- was never sent back to me.   

So glad to have this outlet. I may have slashed my wrists.  I just wanna ride my motorcycles.   R3~

Offline sign216

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi 750s - Breva, Nevada, V7, etc
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 08:09:41 PM »
In order to register my '65 Sears/Gilera in Mass I first registered it in VT, a common trick in New England.  Sometime afterward I went to the Mass RMV .... and they still didn't like the bill of sale. 

So I excuse myself and walk away.  In the parking lot I craft a new bill of sale w new forged signatures etc.  Go back to the RMV ... and now they are happy and register the bike.

It's like that old expression about making sausages. 
09 Guzzi V7C
58 BMW R50
65 Gilera 106
69 Benelli 350

https://groups.io/g/Moto-Guzzi-750

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2021, 07:12:42 AM »
When I moved to PA, for a brief period I had a registered 1996 Sport 1100 Motor Lift.

Same here. Went to the PennDot HQ to change a transfer a title. When I got the title in my name the brand was Moto Lift. Glad I was at the main facility. Pointed out the error and it took them a few minutes to correct Moto lift to Moto Guzzi.

2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline DougG

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2021, 07:59:04 AM »
Hi all,                                                                                                                             8-7-21

I was riding with a buddy in NC a couple of years ago.  A car in front of us slowed way down and started weaving (on cell phone).  We were in a legal passing zone, my buddy passed the car, I passed the car but by the time I got back into my lane, I had crossed the solid yellow.  Guilty as charged.  A cop pulled me over and was going to issue me a ticket.  After five minutes in his car he waved me back and asked me what type of bike I was riding.  He said that he could not find it in his system and he would have to hand write the citation. He handed me back my license and reggie and told me to "drive safe". 

I think Moaning Lisa (my '17 Cali Tour), saved me a trip to the DMV. :grin:

Be well, stay well,
DougG
A possum playing possum is no big deal.  Find one that can play giraffe, now you got yourself something!

Offline mechanicsavant

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2021, 08:16:24 AM »
First , good on ya Steve , nothing like that new bike smell . Yup every civil servant has a new fortress, hiding behind the computer ! Similar situation in the bay state . A few years ago registered my V7II no trouble . This spring , hold on there a what? Ma. RMV wouldn’t accept a fax copy of C of O must have original in hand . It reminds me of a humorous desk sign that read “who says civil servants have to be civil”. As a formal municipal employee i know of which i speak

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2021, 09:05:51 AM »
First , good on ya Steve , nothing like that new bike smell . Yup every civil servant has a new fortress, hiding behind the computer ! Similar situation in the bay state . A few years ago registered my V7II no trouble . This spring , hold on there a what? Ma. RMV wouldn’t accept a fax copy of C of O must have original in hand . It reminds me of a humorous desk sign that read “who says civil servants have to be civil”. As a formal municipal employee i know of which i speak

The folks at the main PennDot are not indignant they just can only do what the computer will let them do. If there is a drop down list they do not have the liberty of typing in what they want.

I've found that going to the desk with a smile on my face and being pleasant throughout the process gets me a lot further than the guy beside me yelling and belittling the clerk because he thinks she has the ability to make changes on the spot. 
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline mechanicsavant

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2021, 06:08:11 PM »
Wow ! You could actually get into a physical building ! I tried for a few days & couldn’t even get an appointment. I put everything in the hands of the Insurance agent & it took them weeks to sift the fly shit out of the pepper . They said it’s never been this bad @ RMV and is getting worse . Fortunately I’ve got another bike to ride (that one has a minor error in the title , I’ve been patiently trying to correct that for over a year so far . I’m resigned to living with the model as being a “V7LL” . They got the rest of it correct , so it goes. If ya didn’t laugh we’d all go crazier.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here