Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I got confirmation of my Zelle payment.  Go to Zelle.  Make sure you're on their website.  Pick your bank if listed.  Enter in Gayle Guthrie  206-218-8982 (phone number) Dick will send a confirmation.
As to handling and nimbleness, there are more to it than the rake and trail numbers. For instance, when Cycle magazine tested the GS550ES and the VT500FT back in 1983, they noticed that the Suzuki could turn much quicker than the Honda, but that it demanded far more force to turn. I have not ridden the GS, but I did own and Ascot for quite a few years, and despite lots of rake and trail, it cornered with virtually no effort, but lazily. Another example is a Buell that had record-breaking steep rake and very little trail, yet the Cycle World testers complained that it took a lot of effort to change directions.

When it comes to what model to go for, I would at a minimum sit on the ones you consider, preferably ride them.
Chuck Keen

Down in Matagorda County Texas (SSW of Houston)

70 years old ... riding most of my life, started in dirt, but mostly big cruiser and touring bikes (Harley, Victory, Indian, Suzuki, Yamaha, Triumph)  downsized bike-wise a few years back --- back protesting lifting 900+ lbs bikes off the kickstand ... tried a Ural sidecar rig for awhile, unique bike (would have enjoyed more if I still lived somewhere with hills and forest roads) just sold it ... supplemented that with a 2017 V7 III Stone <-- Just traded that in on a new 2023 V85tt Adventure (Blue, White, Red)

Worked in Nuclear Power most of my life, retired now ... 8-1/2 years in the US Navy, then 35+ years at civilian nuclear powered electric plants in Arkansas and Texas.

Not much in the me-too thing ... don't much care to see myself (so to speak) coming down the road.   Also like a bike that makes me look back and appreciate it when I park ... as well as something simpler I am confident in wrenching on myself <<--- Moto Guzzi sort of ticks all those boxes.
General Discussion / Re: Stelvio Brake Discs
« Last post by rocker59 on Today at 03:04:01 PM »

Personally, I would acquire Ducati take-offs from eBay rather than buying new CCC.

Guzzi shares the same Brembo parts bins as Ducati, and those Ducatisti are always upgrading and selling off perfectly good brake parts.
General Discussion / Re: Mistral h-pipe with T3FB?
« Last post by yackee on Today at 03:02:04 PM »
I guess my question is whether the T3 floor board lower rails, with the large bracket for the police-style side stand, need a different exhaust header than a non-FB bike? the problem seems to be that the Mistral header interferes with the bracket (or vice versa), so that the exhaust header can't rotate "out" from the bike to where it needs to be in order for the headers to be even/centered and for the left-side muffler to line up with the hanging bracket.
General Discussion / Re: Breva V1100 Fuel Pump
« Last post by moto-uno on Today at 02:39:58 PM »
  If you have the time , vinegar is not too bad at removing the deposits , use lots ( it's cheap) , shake a bit and do this as often as you
remember over the span of a few days . Peter
General Discussion / Re: Stornello Replacement Tires?
« Last post by rocker59 on Today at 02:04:30 PM »

You might look at the Heidenau Scout K60
Yes Nevada is a steel tank.....very similar to my old V65 Florida (also steel tank) & seat height of these is super low -

...Handling is fantastic & easy to throw around

Thanks for that, Paul.  :thumb:

Now I need to see if the seller will move from $4250. There's no way that bike is worth that much to me...
General Discussion / Re: Mistral h-pipe with T3FB?
« Last post by John A on Today at 01:52:47 PM »
I have cut the h pipe and installed a slip joint because if it’s in a bind it will crack. I used some band clamps like the muffler clamps. I think I used clamps for an Ambassador because they have to do down small enough for a good fit on the slip joint.
Serious question from relocated east coast rider to the southwest.
How do I cross all that desert and not get completely cooked riding up from PHX?  Late June is brutal.

* Start riding at dawn...first light...get your miles in early, then call it quits early.  3-4pm is usually the hottest time of the day. 

* I am NOT a big fan of riding after dark, but that is another option...

* Wear warm weather riding gear...A cooling vest will help...

* Stop and HYDRATE with water often...and as often as required...

* Don't push yourself as THE HEAT can be a killer... :rolleyes: :shocked: :huh: :rolleyes:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here