General Category > General Discussion

Well, this can’t be good: unsanctioned Guzzi vent?

<< < (2/6) > >>

guzzisteve:
What does it mean? If not a clogged vent then the case sealant is leaking by that bolt hole. Gooping up bolt threads won't fix it, only pulling it apart & reapplying the sealant on front case cover. It's a 6 speed so no dry primary gears. 

midnite:
Thanks for the comments and suggestions, all. Gearbox oil was changed six months ago with 450ml. I checked all breather components last night, and all seem to be working properly (gearbox vent was not clogged). I’ve reviewed the shop manual, and don’t see that sealant is called for, which has me concerned that there may be an actual crack in the metal casing somewhere. Though the engine was replaced about 1.5 years ago, I don’t think they would have have touched this screw in the process, and it’s been there since Luigi installed it circa 2016.

Sounds as though my next step is to remove the offending screw and inspect. Better to warm the block up first before attempting to remove?

midnite:
Thanks, P-14. I’ll give it a go, and will report back.

Matt

bigbikerrick:
I think Guzzisteve hit the nail on the head ,on this one! ( as usual   :grin:)  :thumb:
Rick.

midnite:

--- Quote from: bigbikerrick on May 23, 2022, 11:44:12 AM ---I think Guzzisteve hit the nail on the head ,on this one! ( as usual   :grin:)  :thumb:
Rick.

--- End quote ---

I was afraid of that! Was hoping to avoid major surgery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version