General Category > General Discussion

Can newer model Stelvio fairing winglets/baffles fit on a 2009 Stelvio?

(1/2) > >>

dave1068:
Was at my dealer today and saw a leftover 2014 Stelvio and saw the fairing winglets (MG calls them baffles) and curious if anyone has tried to fit them on a 2009? Configuration looks similar....but knowing MG, everything could be off slightly

Thanks,
Dave-

John in PA:
I'd be wanting that upgrade too, if anybody can answer with confidence.

Cage Free:
Unless your bike already has the two spots where they mount you will have to drill into your tank and fairing to install, cant remember where but I saw a post where someone removed theirs and felt zero difference.

dave1068:
From what I recall, the 2009 fairing does not cut down with any curves like the 2014 does and the tank looks the same. Each one is about $20 each, not that expensive to experiment with I suppose

MotoG5:

--- Quote from: Cage Free on March 14, 2015, 02:59:59 PM ---Unless your bike already has the two spots where they mount you will have to drill into your tank and fairing to install, cant remember where but I saw a post where someone removed theirs and felt zero difference.

--- End quote ---

I took them off of my 12' NTX. No difference that I can tell at all. As far as I am concerned they were just something else to have to take off when the tank has to come off for inspections and engine mount bolt check. They were also great bug splattering devices and made quite a mess not to mention scuffing the tank some. Others have done the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version