General Category > General Discussion

Titanium engine stumble and cough

(1/3) > >>

TrogloBiker:
Hey. My 2004 titanium has developed a cough. It occurs only when I'm cruising through town with a steady throttle between 2,000 and 2,800 rpm. It started a few months ago and has gotten a little worse. I looked for obvious signs and saw some extra soot around the right throttle body intake boot. I tightened the screws down and put new spark plugs (BPR6ES). Still does it. Runs down the highway perfectly, and pulls real strong, but as soon as I come down into town and run a steady speed it starts again. The cough is coming through the air cleaner. Are there any other obvious things to look for? Throttle position sensor? The air cleaner is KNN with some holes drilled in the plastic cover. Put 20,000 on the KNN with no trouble until recently. Fuel filter is fairly new, and I stay away from ethanol. (learned the hard way at about 10,000 miles) Any ideas would be appreciated.

bigbikerrick:
 My Aluminum does the same thing, I have suspected the TPS, but have not done anything about it yet.  Rick

:pop

guzzisteve:
Depending on miles, clean throttle bodies, set TPS base, sync throttle bodies & set air screw, set idle mixture.

fotoguzzi:
can you get software on it ? might be a trim adjustment is in order..

Chuck in Indiana:
Just for grins I would check for a vacuum leak around the rubbers that hold the throttle bodies on. They tend to crack where the clamp bites into them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version