General Category > General Discussion

Utah Guzzi Get Together!!!

(1/11) > >>

Utrider:
Gentlemen, and certainly any Ladies who may be interested.  I am putting the finishing touches on our every other year gathering here in Utah.

I apologize for not getting this up sooner. 

It will begin on Thursday, Sept. 7th and go through Sunday, Sept. 10th.  We will be basing out of the magnificent Torrey, Utah area.  I am finalizing the campground accommodations and hope to have it handled by the end of the month.

We will take a ride on the incredible Hwy 12, across the Hogback into Escalante.  I have a loop planned out of approx 240 miles.  There will be places to stop for fuel and food. 

The other ride is a twisty shorter ride of about 140 or so miles, with majestic scenery and opportunities to see some of Utah most people drive right by.

There are several eating options in Torrey and the surrounding area. I plan on hosting dinner at my camp on Saturday night so a guestimate head count would be helpful.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!

Roy

Tkelly:
Very interesting!

rocker59:
 :bike-037:

Utrider:
Alright, I have some things nailed down.

We will use the Thousand Lakes RV Park as our hub.  It has hook-ups available for RV's as well as tent accommodations.  As of this moment there are 5 tent sites which can accommodate 2 tents each.
My advice would be to go ahead and reserve one ASAP, and let others know through here if there's an opportunity to share your spot.
There are "camping cabins" also, however at this time there are none available for Friday night. This may change as the group coming through may release some of them.

There are other places available with cabins, and they are relatively close. 

The campground has a BBQ restaurant that seems pretty highly rated, perhaps have dinner there Friday night.

The website for the campground is www.thousandlakesrv park.com  The phone number is 435-425-3500.

Utrider:

dice swf

Area photos taken today....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version