General Category > General Discussion

Clicking sounds from the right cylinder on my V7 (intermittent power loss)

(1/2) > >>

steadz12:
Hi Guzzistas!
    I have an issue with my 2016 V7ii that’s been bothering me for a while now. The bike has an intermittent power loss in the first gear. This happen once every few days but not every single day. Coincidentally, when this happens, I notice a clicking/ticking sound from the right hand side cylinder. The weird thing is that it fixes itself after riding for a few minutes .The part that bothers me the most is that it is intermittent and the power loss can cause stalling unless I counter it with  some clutch press and give a ton of throttle. This has been happening for the past few months and the dealer can’t figure out the issue. Initially, I thought it would have to be something to do with the valves going out of adjustment, but the dealer said he checked the valves and they look okay. Please see the video attached to this post to hear the sound of the engine when it goes into this intermittent state. Any ideas/suggestions are very appreciated!

Video: https://youtube.com/shorts/tKCZUcjEqOo?feature=share

rtbickel:
Check your plug wire, it might be arcing to the head

steadz12:
Thanks! I don't know much abt accessing the spark plug cable. Is there a video/photo source that can maybe help me diagnose the plug cable?

guzzisteve:

--- Quote from: rtbickel on June 06, 2023, 04:25:29 PM ---Check your plug wire, it might be arcing to the head

--- End quote ---
Sounds that way to me also, more arching than ticking.

You could take off plastic cover & look when dark.

steadz12:
I also noticed some oil on the side of the engine. (See photo attached)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version