Author Topic: The New Improved GuzziDiag Tutorial  (Read 137439 times)

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
Re: The New Improved GuzziDiag Tutorial
« Reply #450 on: March 03, 2023, 04:57:52 PM »
Yeah, I've checked and confirmed everything suggested to me in this thread. I've got good ground, correct COM, correct ECU, good cable, cleaned the diagnostic plug with deoxit, kill switch is on, and I just successfully connected to my Stelvio with the same equipment. This kinda shit pisses me off so I'm gonna take the Stelvio for a ride. 

Thanks for the links, have ordered.   

The 15m/rc ecu uses 3 wires, a ground and two signal. The newer bikes use two wire, ground and one signal. So if one input on the cable died, it could still connect the stelvio, but not the cali. I know I have such a cable here. You can't see it, it's just the chip died half.
Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Online HarveyMushman

• Gosling
    • Photo Galleries
« Reply #451 on: March 03, 2023, 06:11:23 PM »
The 15m/rc ecu uses 3 wires, a ground and two signal. The newer bikes use two wire, ground and one signal. So if one input on the cable died, it could still connect the stelvio, but not the cali. I know I have such a cable here. You can't see it, it's just the chip died half.

Interesting, thanks. I'm expecting a new Lonelec set any day now.
Tim

Offline mdhen

• New Egg
« Reply #452 on: March 08, 2023, 03:31:00 AM »
Has there been any word from the creator of guzzidiag on if the ecu for the euro5 bikes will be added?

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #453 on: March 10, 2023, 12:30:51 PM »
Has there been any word from the creator of guzzidiag on if the ecu for the euro5 bikes will be added?

Last I heard was 'likely never' something about the ECU being locked down tighter than a frogs @$$
Or something as colorful.... LoL
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #453 on: March 10, 2023, 12:30:51 PM »

Online Kildareman

• Hatchling
« Reply #454 on: March 10, 2023, 01:39:40 PM »

The UPMAP is the only way in for map manipulation (1st map free). It also does error codes (and resets).
V7 850 Centenario

Online HarveyMushman

• Gosling
    • Photo Galleries
« Reply #455 on: March 11, 2023, 12:33:13 PM »

Success! The new cable set from Lonelec works. I've read (saved) the existing map and written the Beetle map to the ECU.  And it runs! The engine needs a tune-up though so that's next.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 12:34:37 PM by HarveyMushman »
Tim

Offline John Croucher

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #456 on: March 14, 2023, 10:18:05 PM »
Yes, one in the same.

This showed up in one of the files I opened 1 of the 4 programs.  The "facebook" is legit?  Came here tonight to see what it meant. Down loaded from LONELEC

Received the wires today, plugged everything together and started the process, then got called to do something else, put a new burner in the cooktop stove. 

Offline danketchpel

• New Egg
« Reply #457 on: March 14, 2023, 11:17:04 PM »
Success! The new cable set from Lonelec works. I've read (saved) the existing map and written the Beetle map to the ECU.  And it runs! The engine needs a tune-up though so that's next.
I didn't realize it would also read codes and do resets, I need to check those features out.

Offline della moto

• New Egg
« Reply #458 on: March 22, 2023, 02:59:30 PM »
I'm pretty much a Luddite, but I thought about buying the GuzziDiag stuff this winter just in case... and never got around to it. I'd like to ask a favor: Can anyone advise and link me to the correct cables and software and everything that I need to get, please? I have a 2018 v7iii Milano and a '22 Apple MacBook Pro with the silicon or whatever.

Online HarveyMushman

• Gosling
    • Photo Galleries
« Reply #459 on: March 22, 2023, 05:36:49 PM »
I'm pretty much a Luddite, but I thought about buying the GuzziDiag stuff this winter just in case... and never got around to it. I'd like to ask a favor: Can anyone advise and link me to the correct cables and software and everything that I need to get, please? I have a 2018 v7iii Milano and a '22 Apple MacBook Pro with the silicon or whatever.

You'll need a Windows machine first. New laptops can be had for $200. GuzziDiag hasn't worked on Mac for quite some time. The links are in the first post of this thread (the V7 III has the MIU ECU). I had a Milano for a spell--pretty bike. 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 05:53:51 AM by HarveyMushman »
Tim

Offline PI0LINI

• New Egg
« Reply #460 on: March 24, 2023, 09:57:59 AM »
Hello partners

I come to you desperate, for not finding a solution to my problem.

I have a gilera nexus 500 from 2007, to which I have had to change the control unit.

I have installed the new ECU, IAW p15, and read the software with the IAW15 reader app, so that I can deactivate the immobilizer later with the tunerpro app.

Using the XDF file of the gilera nexus 500, the option to disable the immobilizer does not appear.

However, if I use the XDF file from the gilera GP800, the option does appear, but by default it's disabled and I can't do anything else.

Do you know if there is any XDF file of my motorcycle, in which I can deactivate the immobilizer?

I would also like to know if by copying the .bin file from my old control unit to the new one, I can solve the immobilizer problem.

Thank you so much

Offline SemperVee

• My life will be told in MC people and experiences more than anything else.
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • USMC Retired
« Reply #461 on: March 25, 2023, 11:58:40 AM »
You'll need a Windows machine first. New laptops can be had for $200. GuzziDiag hasn't worked on Mac for quite some time. The links are in the first post of this thread (the V7 III has the MIU ECU). I had a Milano for a spell--pretty bike.

I have my GuzziDiag running fine on my Mac Laptop without  any issues
2007 MG Norge - Hi Ho Silver! - La Dolce Vita
CalSci Tall Windshield
Heli-Bars
Matris Fork + SAG set
Eibach Rear spring
Salamander HB ends
K&N  filter
StainTune pipe
Metal gas fltr
Givi Rear rack
Givi V46 Box and Rack
Startus Interuptus
Napoleon Mirrors
Grip Puppies

Offline della moto

• New Egg
« Reply #462 on: March 25, 2023, 02:29:16 PM »

Good to know. I've heard you could, and it looks like there are links on the first page that are for Macs. Thanks.

I googled the cable and adapter and got https://www.ebay.com/itm/222597558637 but it's a UK link and doesn't ship to the U.S. Walmart was a dead link. The others were some AliBaba and some other random Chinese sites. Anyone have a link to a reliable US-based or at least ships-to-US seller besides AliBaba for the KKL OBD2 USB Cable FTDI FT232RL Chip + 3 Pin Adapter?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 03:09:54 PM by della moto »

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #463 on: March 25, 2023, 04:52:19 PM »
Good to know. I've heard you could, and it looks like there are links on the first page that are for Macs. Thanks.

I googled the cable and adapter and got https://www.ebay.com/itm/222597558637 but it's a UK link and doesn't ship to the U.S. Walmart was a dead link. The others were some AliBaba and some other random Chinese sites. Anyone have a link to a reliable US-based or at least ships-to-US seller besides AliBaba for the KKL OBD2 USB Cable FTDI FT232RL Chip + 3 Pin Adapter?

Cable from lonelec.co.uk They ship pretty quick to the usa.

https://www.lonelec.com/product/guzzidiag-3pin-interface-cable-kit/

or if you have a v85 euro4:
https://www.lonelec.com/product/guzzidiag-euro5-kit-interface-adaptor-kl1-euro5-adaptor/
Paul

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #464 on: March 25, 2023, 05:01:47 PM »
Hello partners

I have a gilera nexus 500 from 2007, to which I have had to change the control unit.

I have installed the new ECU, IAW p15, and read the software with the IAW15 reader app, so that I can deactivate the immobilizer later with the tunerpro app.

Using the XDF file of the gilera nexus 500, the option to disable the immobilizer does not appear.

However, if I use the XDF file from the gilera GP800, the option does appear, but by default it's disabled and I can't do anything else.

Do you know if there is any XDF file of my motorcycle, in which I can deactivate the immobilizer?

I would also like to know if by copying the .bin file from my old control unit to the new one, I can solve the immobilizer problem.

Thank you so much

The location in the software, where the immo is, is different on each map. So don't try and xdf for another bike to switch it off, you would just do something strange to the map, where we don't know what it does. 
So can you read the map from the old ecu? Then first try to read it and write it to the new ecu.

If the immo on the old ecu was working fine, you can try to copy the immo data over. For that you read the eeprom, with the IAW15xEEPROMTool from old ecu and write that to the new ecu.
All after you tranfered the map over.

The reason we don't have the immo in the xdf, we don't know where it is.

Paul

Offline della moto

• New Egg
« Reply #465 on: March 25, 2023, 05:32:44 PM »
Cable from lonelec.co.uk They ship pretty quick to the usa.

https://www.lonelec.com/product/guzzidiag-3pin-interface-cable-kit/

or if you have a v85 euro4:
https://www.lonelec.com/product/guzzidiag-euro5-kit-interface-adaptor-kl1-euro5-adaptor/

I've got a v7iii and just bought the one in the top link, thanks.

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #466 on: March 25, 2023, 06:27:07 PM »
Hello partners

Thank you so much

I am by no means an expert in this but my base understanding of the immobilizer is that it is completely independent from the fuel mapping.

The user code and key code for the immobilizer are part of the dash board electronics not the ECU for fuel, ignition, etc.

MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,

Online HarveyMushman

• Gosling
    • Photo Galleries
« Reply #467 on: March 25, 2023, 09:07:31 PM »

Running Ventura? Tell me more, please. 
Tim

Online HarveyMushman

• Gosling
    • Photo Galleries
« Reply #468 on: April 13, 2023, 05:04:41 PM »
I got another one . . .

Still working with the '07 CalVin, have successfully used the tools to read/write a Beetle map (:chefkiss). Today I wanted to tinker with CO Trim numbers. GuzziDiag V.60 connected fine, "California Vintage" model selected, and I could toggle through the drop-downs, excite the tachometer, etc. But when I clicked on the CO Trim Start button I saw this (engine temp was above 60C):

« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 05:05:29 PM by HarveyMushman »
Tim

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #469 on: April 15, 2023, 05:24:45 PM »
I got another one . . .

Still working with the '07 CalVin, have successfully used the tools to read/write a Beetle map (:chefkiss). Today I wanted to tinker with CO Trim numbers. GuzziDiag V.60 connected fine, "California Vintage" model selected, and I could toggle through the drop-downs, excite the tachometer, etc. But when I clicked on the CO Trim Start button I saw this (engine temp was above 60C):

It's some time ago when I did this, do you start with a running engine?
Paul

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #470 on: April 15, 2023, 08:55:06 PM »
I got another one . . .

I've never hooked GD to a Calvin, but some options aren't available. If the GD is connected and hooked up, and the 'statistics page' is populated, it will only give you working options to choose from. It could be it needs to be running or off when you select it.  I'm more familiar with the CARC bikes and V7.  I do know the EV options are VERY sparse by comparison.
MGNOC#23231

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #471 on: April 16, 2023, 03:52:22 PM »
  I do know the EV options are VERY sparse by comparison.

Yes if you are used to all newer ecu's do, the old ones don't do much, amazing the bike runs with them.
Paul

Online HarveyMushman

• Gosling
    • Photo Galleries
« Reply #472 on: April 17, 2023, 09:04:04 AM »
Thanks, all.

It seems whether CO Trim adjustments are even possible with this ECU is a bit of an open question. Beetle recommended I try it to address my poor cold idle, and I am running his open-loop map so I'm good there. There's another thread on here from a guy trying to so the same thing with a '01 California that encountered the same error I am. He was eventually able to make the trim adjustments after persisting with GuzziDiag through various sequence changes. I'll keep trying.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 09:04:32 AM by HarveyMushman »
Tim

Offline Gwilliam

• New Egg
« Reply #473 on: April 18, 2023, 04:11:26 AM »
Hi Harvey,
I am that other guy on here that had been dealing with the same problem on my California Stone.
I have just updated my thread with "hints and tips" given to me by Rodekyll which got me over the final hurdle in being able to adjust the CO Trim value.
It is not quite a slick and easily repeatable process but if you keep fooling around with it, using the Beetle instructions as a guide you will stumble over a sequence that works! I've done it a couple of times now so it helps that I know that it is possible!
Good luck 🤞

Offline PI0LINI

• New Egg
« Reply #474 on: April 18, 2023, 05:11:03 AM »
Hi Harvey,
I am that other guy on here that had been dealing with the same problem on my California Stone.
I have just updated my thread with "hints and tips" given to me by Rodekyll which got me over the final hurdle in being able to adjust the CO Trim value.
It is not quite a slick and easily repeatable process but if you keep fooling around with it, using the Beetle instructions as a guide you will stumble over a sequence that works! I've done it a couple of times now so it helps that I know that it is possible!
Good luck 🤞

Hello

Can you post the link to your thread?

thank you

Offline Gwilliam

• New Egg
« Reply #475 on: April 22, 2023, 04:08:40 AM »

Offline PI0LINI

• New Egg

Offline John Warner

• Gosling
  • Growing old is mandatory, growing up is not . . .
    • Stelvio/V85 Owners Group FB
The New Improved GuzziDiag Tutorial
« Reply #477 on: May 21, 2023, 12:23:02 PM »
Nah. Unless you want to troubleshoot ABS in a Norge or Stelvio, et al.

Quick query on this. . .

Has anyone managed to connect using either of the ABS options (Conti or Bosch)?

Tried on mine today ('09 Stelvio NTX) after an email from Mark 'Beetle' Bayley.

Tried to connect with both Conti & Bosch options, no joy.

I get the 'Switch Ignition On and Press OK' message, and then a few seconds after I've done that, I get an 'Ignition Off' message.
Same result with both ABS make options.

I went into the Stelvio option immediately after, and it connected straight away.

I've used GuzziDiag many times on several different Bikes, never had any issues other than this one.

Thanks.
Doc out . . .
Stelvio Owners Group on FB ~ https://www.facebook.com/groups/888995181188209/?fref=nf

Offline John Warner

• Gosling
  • Growing old is mandatory, growing up is not . . .
    • Stelvio/V85 Owners Group FB
GuzziDiag ABS Function
« Reply #478 on: May 22, 2023, 05:04:01 PM »
OK, partial result.

One of the Guys on my FB Stelvio/V85/V100 owners Group said he used the other Diagnostic Plug, the one with three Wires (usual GuzziDiag Plug has only two wires).

I just tried it, and it connected, using the Bosch option.
Tried the Conti option, gave the same result as before, no connection.

Couldn't see any option/function to Operate the ABS Unit though.
In the 'Measurements' Options, you have just four fields, Front Speed, Rear Speed, Voltage, and Relay.

Only thing in the 'Actors' Options is 'ABS Warning Light', Engine Off.
No idea when you'd need that, as the Warning light is always on until you ride off.

So, partly answered, but still no ability to activate the ABS Pump for Bleeding . . .
Doc out . . .
Stelvio Owners Group on FB ~ https://www.facebook.com/groups/888995181188209/?fref=nf

Offline MinnesotaRider

• New Egg
« Reply #479 on: June 25, 2023, 01:42:41 PM »
Hey guys,

Am I right in understanding that the 2023 Moto Guzzi v7 Stone uses the MIU G4 ECU? If so, what links should I be using for this tutorial?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 01:43:52 PM by MinnesotaRider »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here