Author Topic: A Guzzi Pilgrimage  (Read 4390 times)

canuck750

A Guzzi Pilgrimage
« on: March 19, 2015, 01:22:07 PM »
I was fortunate enough this week to get in a short holiday to ride from Phoenix to Palm Springs and then on the Left Coast. On Tuesday I stopped in at Moe's Cycle Garden shop in Huntington Beach and then at Mark's Moto Guzzi Classics. You would be hard pressed to meet two nicer guys, and the variety of bikes and 'stuff' at each place is very cool. Thanks for hospitality guys and not running me off for arriving on a Kawasaki!

Cheers
Jim

nunzio

Re: A Guzzi Pilgrimage
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 01:28:56 PM »
Luckily, you have enough Guzzi Street Cred!! ;D

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 08:46:11 PM »
I wish I could spend a day hanging out with Mark..
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline azguzzirep

• Gaggle Hero
  • Gratzi Carlo!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 01:42:05 AM »

Reach out and touch someone.

Just give him a call and ask what parts he's willing to give away today! ;D

Mark IS a great guy!!

Tom
Murphy's  Law sucks!

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 01:42:05 AM »

danketchpel

Re: Re: Re: A Guzzi Pilgrimage
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 10:45:19 AM »
I was fortunate enough this week to get in a short holiday to ride from Phoenix to Palm Springs and then on the Left Coast. On Tuesday I stopped in at Moe's Cycle Garden shop in Huntington Beach and then at Mark's Moto Guzzi Classics. You would be hard pressed to meet two nicer guys, and the variety of bikes and 'stuff' at each place is very cool. Thanks for hospitality guys and not running me off for arriving on a Kawasaki!

Cheers
Jim

Is Mark's the one in Signal Hill?

I haven't been to either shop yet. I need to do a little pilgrimage myself. I'm still learning about the Guzzi world.

The only "problem" is I could run into another bike I'd want......

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 11:10:27 AM »
I stop in to see Mark when I'm in the LA area, and usually leave a few HOURS later.  I've bought two bikes sight-unseen from the man.

Great guy.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

canuck750

Re: Re: Re: A Guzzi Pilgrimage
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 07:25:46 PM »
Is Mark's the one in Signal Hill?

I haven't been to either shop yet. I need to do a little pilgrimage myself. I'm still learning about the Guzzi world.

The only "problem" is I could run into another bike I'd want......

Cycle Garden is in Huntington Beach and Moto Guzzi Classics are in Long Beach (Signal Hill), less than a 1/2 hour apart from one another. Now I need to get out east and visit Joe and Charlie not to mention Curtis and the guys at MG Cycle. We Guzzi fans are very fortunate to have such a brain trust available.

Jim

Offline jderienzo

• Gosling
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 02:01:39 PM »
Just give him a call and ask what parts he's willing to give away today! ;D

Spent a few hours yesterday there after having Mark put some new rubber road protection (tires) on my Griso.

I hate to being this up in such a public venture but it sounds like we as a community may not have MGC around for much longer the way things are going.

I want to help and am not as cheap as some Guzziests out there, but am somewhat at a loss with the discussions I had over the past week.

Anyone willing to discuss further?
2002 Kawasaki KLR 650 (ThermoBob, Doohickey, and $0.22 Mod) - Dad's in Title
2011 Moto Guzzi Griso 8v SE - Fast

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 02:08:54 PM »

I spent half a day hanging out with Mark at a rally once, and he'll hang out and talk with you not because he's trying to sell you anything, or because you're "just like him" (that would be impossible!) but because he likes people and when you get to talking about any subject that you are both genuinely interested in, he'll talk as long as YOU want to!

I hope hope hope he can hang in there and stay in the Guzzi business but Mark will do that his way, the way he thinks is right and makes him happy ..... !

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline azguzzirep

• Gaggle Hero
  • Gratzi Carlo!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 06:35:59 AM »

I hate to being this up in such a public venture but it sounds like we as a community may not have MGC around for much longer the way things are going.

Anyone willing to discuss further?

There is a reason Mark is so skinny ;D. He runs his business on a string. It can be feast or famine, and it is usually famine. He has managed to keep his shop open for a long time, and he deserves a LOT of credit for that.

I asked him once if he'd consider selling the shop, or have a silent partner(money man) to keep it open and he said 'Hell no. No effin way!'  Mark is a true 'Man's man' He will sink or swim by his own accord. The shop may not survive, but Mark certainly will.

BTW, he hates it if you call his Plymouth a Studebaker! ;D ;D ;D

Tom
Murphy's  Law sucks!

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 06:38:03 AM »
With all that Mark offers to the Guzzi community in the form of advice, parts, service, etc.  We need to return our support by keeping him in business and making his shop (MG Classics) our first call.  His generosity and sense of humor is legendary.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 11:05:52 AM »
Yuck. Just arrived in SoCal. I need to run to Mark's and see what' going on.. he's been hand to mouth for quite a while, now.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here