Author Topic: Centerstand hardware parts  (Read 2547 times)

Offline willowstreetguzziguy

• Gaggle Hero
Centerstand hardware parts
« on: March 29, 2015, 03:58:34 PM »
Found someone selling a centerstand off of a Norge. Problem is they have none of the parts to attach it. Will I have a difficult time getting the full pkg. of nuts, bolts,spring, mounting plates, etc. from the dealer or should I simply buy the complete centerstand with all the parts?
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 
1993 BMW K75S Pearl White (sold)
"Going somewhere isn't why you ride, riding is why you go!"    Moto Guzzi... because the only person I have to impress is me.

Online rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
Re: Centerstand hardware parts
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 04:33:06 PM »
Check ebay for examples of pricing on the small bits, and check with the usual suspects for a full hw kit.  I think you'll be impressed by the cost of the accumulated parts -- and if you source them piecemeal it might take a while to acquire everything.  If I was looking, unless this was a very good price, I'd keep it in mind and continue looking for the full monty.

$0.02

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 05:32:24 PM »
I have no idea... But the Cali bikes that didn't come with C stand (Jackal, Bassa etc) all had the hardware in place so all you needed was the stand and springs. so look under there..
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Online rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 05:51:42 PM »
Yes, the cali's had the hardware installed whether or not the stand was included on account of you need all the stuff to make the lower frame spacer.  In that case all you need are springs.  But some folks (like me) remove the stand and spacer stuff, and replace the bits with a couple bits of proper length pipe for under a dollar.  So when you look under there be aware!

[edit]   I see a place on ebay (won't name it) has those simple $0.50 'center stand eliminator' pipe bits for a mere $55.00.  I see a potential cottage industry with very high margins there.   :o

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 05:51:42 PM »

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 06:35:18 PM »
I just looked under my 1200 Sport for the support bracket where the centerstand would bolt on, but I don't see that bracket so I would need all those parts and I may decide to buy the "Centerstand Kit" rather buy it piece meal.

OR... maybe someone in the forum has the complete centerstand package that they've taken off their Guzzi and would sell it?   
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 
"Going somewhere isn't why you ride, riding is why you go!"    Moto Guzzi... because the only person I have to impress is me.

Offline ohiorider

• Gaggle Hero
  • "You can't fight in here - this is the War Room."
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 06:45:11 PM »
To install the center stand on a 1200 Sport, you'll need to change out a couple of parts that come with the complete center stand kit.  Here's the pieces that came with the center stand kit I purchased a few years ago.  In other words, you'll need more than just the center stand .... you'll need the center stand mounting hardware, too.

Main ride:  2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport (sold July 2020)
2012 Griso 8v SE (sold Sept '15)
Reliable standby: 1991 BMW R100GS
2014 Honda CB1100 (Traded Nov 2019)
New:  2016 Triumph T120 (Traded Dec 2021)
New:  2021 Kawasaki W800

Online rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 06:50:19 PM »
I just looked under my 1200 Sport for the support bracket where the centerstand would bolt on, but I don't see that bracket so I would need all those parts and I may decide to buy the "Centerstand Kit" rather buy it piece meal.

OR... maybe someone in the forum has the complete centerstand package that they've taken off their Guzzi and would sell it?   

The sport frame is different than the tonti.  I don't think the center stand stuff is needed to make a lower frame spacer because I don't think your frame uses the same geometry in that area.  You might want to keep that in mind as you look for bits.  NOTHING in the above pic looks like it would fit a tonti.

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 07:03:47 PM »
That picture shows all the extra parts I need besides just the centerstand! I may give Harpers a call tomorrow and discuss both options with them.
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 09:32:41 PM »
I had one side's bolt and and spacer vibrate off.. I was able to get the OEM bolt and spacer from Harpers no problem

Reboot Guzzi squares might also be an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here