Author Topic: V7 III Big Bore (anyone own?)  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Hoedh

• New Egg
V7 III Big Bore (anyone own?)
« on: October 15, 2021, 05:10:48 PM »
Hello everyone,

Anybody actually own a V7 III with a big bore kit? Just wondering what your experience has been with it. Any negatives? Like excessive vibrations and reliability issues. Cheers.

Offline Bisbonian

• Gaggle Hero
  • Living the Dream
Re: V7 III Big Bore (anyone own?)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 04:01:36 PM »
Hello everyone,

Anybody actually own a V7 III with a big bore kit? Just wondering what your experience has been with it. Any negatives? Like excessive vibrations and reliability issues. Cheers.

Although I'm hesitant to link to the Guzzitech site as it tends to make people gnash their teeth; Todd has at least one thread over there for the V7 III big bore and people seem to be happy with the results. I didn't read anything about excessive vibration.

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-iii-820cc-big-bore-kit.17469/

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 04:24:03 PM »
Personally I would consider trading for the V7 850cc before I did a big bore kit unless you have already upgraded everything else on the V7III, or your just a power over handling type of rider.
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 04:30:25 PM »
Todd is a good guy, I've talked with him personally when I purchased my 08 griso that he serviced for the P.O. He was very happy to share what he knew about the bikes history and very honest and willing to share his time. He supports the brand and although he does  run his operation  his own  way. He has that right. I personally am glad he's part of the Guzzi  community.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 04:30:25 PM »

Offline groundhog105

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 04:32:45 PM »
The problem is not so much with Todd's products, it him. He would go berserk if someone posted a link to another forum on his site. We should extend him the same courtesy.

I don’t think Todd has a problem with links on discussion on other forums.  He does have a problem with links to competiting products to what he sells.  Big difference

Offline groundhog105

• Gosling
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 04:34:40 PM »
Todd is a good guy, I've talked with him personally when I purchased my 08 griso that he serviced for the P.O. He was very happy to share what he knew about the bikes history and very honest and willing to share his time. He supports the brand and although he does  run his operation  his own  way. He has that right. I personally am glad he's part of the Guzzi  community.

Absolutely right.  Todd is very generous with his time and advise m

Offline Rich A

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 05:20:49 PM »
Years ago, Todd carried a set of brake rotors for me in his tank bag to a Guzzi rally in AZ where I met him. He offered me a ride on his hot rod Jackal; I was tempted but I declined.

Rich A

Offline Turin

• Gaggle Hero
    • crap and stuff
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 06:55:05 PM »
I get him not wanting links to competing projects on his website / discussion forum / place of business.

Things to condsider -
Guzzi's are far and few between. I expect there are long waiting lists for new guzzi hot rod parts.
Guzzi owners are notoriously cheap and are known to for going around their local dealer or parts supplier to save a couple of bucks. I've heard countless tales of guzzi owners getting trouble shooting advice from and then sourcing the parts elsewhere.
1997 Daytona RS
1991 Rennsport California III
1991 LeMans 1000
1987 LeMans SE Dave's Cycle Racer
1984 LeMans III
1985 Sidlow Guzzi
1974 850-T Sport
1969 A-series Ambassador
1996 Triumph Daytona 1200
1996 Triumph Daytona 900
1982 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Balocco SE 3.0

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2021, 11:25:59 PM »
If your product is superior you should have no worries about the competition.

I have dealt with Todd and would not do it again.

:laugh:

Thanks for the glowing recommendation. I was on the fence about buying some of his products. You have helped make up my mind.
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 05:36:12 AM »
To each their own, but I will say that I've been treated well by Todd and GuzziTech, as well as MG Cycle, Hamlin, and Harper's.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline sign216

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi 750s - Breva, Nevada, V7, etc
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 06:04:34 AM »
I have an old-school big bore kit on my '09 V7 Classic.  The 820cc pistons and cylinders were bought from RAM engineering of Italy, purchased through Agostini, a long time Guzzi vendor that may be closed now.  I put them in myself, and am very happy w the results.  These kits were originally designed for the Nevada.

I posted on Guzzitech, and my posts were removed, and I was banned from there, when I brought up the RAM big bore kit on a Guzzitech thread about big bore kits.  Sadly, Guzzitech is not an open and free thinking exchange of ideas and information.

Joe

P.S.  There are some old threads about big bore kits, and after market CPUs, on this Guzzi 750 site:  https://groups.io/g/Moto-Guzzi-750

09 Guzzi V7C
58 BMW R50
65 Gilera 106
69 Benelli 350

https://groups.io/g/Moto-Guzzi-750

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2021, 09:12:29 AM »
I have an old-school big bore kit on my '09 V7 Classic.  The 820cc pistons and cylinders were bought from RAM engineering of Italy, purchased through Agostini, a long time Guzzi vendor that may be closed now. 

Still in business. https://ecommerce.agostinimandello.com/index.php
Charlie

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2021, 05:37:04 PM »
I posted on Guzzitech, and my posts were removed, and I was banned from there, when I brought up the RAM big bore kit on a Guzzitech thread about big bore kits.  Sadly, Guzzitech is not an open and free thinking exchange of ideas and information.

Joe

P.S.  There are some old threads about big bore kits, and after market CPUs, on this Guzzi 750 site:  https://groups.io/g/Moto-Guzzi-750

Posts are never removed from here and this is such an open and free thinking forum that respects everyone's thoughts and opinions. 

Just ask all the guys like, oh wait, they got banned from here. 
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2021, 01:00:21 PM »
One in the last 7 years that I am aware of , no idea where you are getting that from .

Dusty

Just adding balance to the thread.  Details are not needed to make the point. 
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline dirtiegirtie

• Hatchling
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2021, 02:16:27 PM »
My experience: I found the other forum very quickly after purchasing my Guzzi. I posted a few questions and received a few responses like, "Use the search tool, this has been discussed many times." That happened multiple times. At first I thought it was rather snooty, but I didn't realize it was a forum for his business... I thought it was an open forum like the many motorcycle forums I have joined. It was my mistake. After adjusting my expectations, I was fine with the forum and the moderator/owner. I ended up buying a couple of maintenance items from him and found them to be a good value (quality to cost ratio).

If you are expecting another 'open arms' forum to meet great people, that one is probably not the right forum for you. But if you are looking for technical advice, and clearly include evidence that you have already ready multiple threads on your question, then you'll get some sound maintenance/troubleshooting advice.

My $0.02... which in today's market is currently valued at $0.01.

Offline Rich A

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2021, 02:18:56 PM »
I think dirtiegirtie has it right.

If not for the business, that site would not exist.

Rich

Offline Dirk_S

• www.dirkshearer.com
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Doodler of doodles
    • www.DirkShearer.com
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2021, 02:26:00 PM »
I think dirtiegirtie has it right.

If not for the business, that site would not exist.

Rich

+1.
There's free speech, but there's also the right to take down free speech on one's own property. Theirs is more strict, focused on their product. Be thankful for the others that allow more open convo, and be thankful to the mods for doing their best to maintain sanity.

...So anyway, about that big bore kit...
Current: ‘16 Guzzi V7 II Stone, ‘78 BMW R80/7

Previous: ‘15 Ural Gear Up, ‘77 Kawasaki KZ400 Special, ‘78 Honda CX500S, ‘80 Honda CX500D, ‘11 Suzuki TU250X

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2021, 09:45:04 PM »
When is a falsehood needed to create balance . I have seen this posted more than once , while I am no longer a part of the administration here , we took banning someone seriously , once again , one ban was issued over 7 years besides spammers , I am curious where the rumor started that we banned several members

I imagine it took a lot more that just posting about installing an aftermarket big bore kit.

Yes , it did . I have less than any information about what happens on the other site being discussed here other than any mention of the site seems to generate a lot of heat . It just seems silly to bash WG or the administration here in some effort to defend the other place .

Dusty

Making a mountain out of a molehill here Dusty.  No need to accuse me of something specific when I just made a general statement that wasn't even directed at you.  Chill out.
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here