Author Topic: '12 Norge deep oil sump.  (Read 2206 times)

56Pan

'12 Norge deep oil sump.
« on: May 23, 2015, 11:53:42 AM »
Does anyone know of a source for a higher capacity, deeper, oil sump for a '12 Norge?

Vasco DG

Re: '12 Norge deep oil sump.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 12:02:14 PM »
Why? It's got plenty of oil! If it's blowing a lot into the airbox run it lower on the stick. If it's continuing to blow it out even after the level has dropped to below a third of the way between the 'Add' and 'Full' marks there is an issue with the motor.

Really, the last thing the modern engines need is more oil.

Pete

canuguzzi

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 10:36:53 PM »
I'd be worried about anything hanging lower than it already is. We have some speed bumps out here that a Stelvio can barely get over. ;)

56Pan

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 11:56:08 PM »
I don't see ground clearance as a problem with another ~1 inch of depth on the sump.  The oil temp. seems too hot in stop and go in town riding.  I'd like to get a little more volume to drop the temp. some.  The fan does work as advertised.  I appreciate the opinions, but I'd like to have the extra oil volume if someone knows of a source.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 11:56:08 PM »

canuguzzi

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 12:04:02 PM »
Should not something for the Griso/Stelvio work?

Curious, once the oil gets to temp, why do you think more oil at the same temp is going to make it run cooler? Wouldn't you want to cool the oil more rather than just have more hot oil? The fan is going to stay the same size as is the oil cooler and the pump isn't going to circulate the oil any faster. Maybe my logic is flawed here.

Why not just increase the capacity of the oil cooler or add another slim line type above the factory one? Might be a lot easier and less expensive in the long run. Otherwise, say you got another 2 liters even, how will you cool it?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 12:17:08 PM by Norge Pilot »

Offline Xlratr

• Gaggle Mentor
  • (ex) Stelvio NTX, '78 Honda 750F2, '97 FXDWG
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 02:04:07 PM »
Curious, once the oil gets to temp, why do you think more oil at the same temp is going to make it run cooler?

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John

I ain't too young to realize, that I ain't too old to try ...

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here