Author Topic: Norge GT 2v passenger backrest questions  (Read 1433 times)

Offline NWrider

• Gosling
Norge GT 2v passenger backrest questions
« on: August 05, 2017, 06:17:28 PM »
I'd like to add a passenger backrest to my Norge 2v GT.   One way would be to use the Givi trunk mount and my existing 36L monokey trunk.   However, I suspect that the passenger backrest pad on the trunk might intrude on the passenger space more than the stock mount & trunk.  Can anyone tell me from experience if that's the case and/or if the 2010-2016 Norge 8v MG mount & trunk is the the same as was provided for the early Norge.

Or, another possibility would be the Hepco Becker tail rack -- any feedback on how sturdy it is in comparison with the Givi?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 06:56:26 PM by NWrider »

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Norge GT 2v passenger backrest questions
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 12:21:47 AM »
I'd like to add a passenger backrest to my Norge 2v GT.   One way would be to use the Givi trunk mount and my existing 36L monokey trunk.   However, I suspect that the passenger backrest pad on the trunk might intrude on the passenger space more than the stock mount & trunk.  Can anyone tell me from experience if that's the case and/or if the 2010-2016 Norge 8v MG mount & trunk is the the same as was provided for the early Norge. TIA
Sorry mate don't know, mine is the stock set up but I moved the trunk forward100 mm. The stock mounts are not very good.

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 08:46:20 AM »

I re did the mount on my trunk so a small to position the centre of mass over the point of support. This takes the bending loads off the mounting pieces that come as standard. Here's the thing though. If you did similar, not only would you save yourself the heartbreak of losing your trunk WHEN it breaks off, you could also manufacture a nice little back rest that attaches to it.

Offline toma nova

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 11:05:00 AM »

the passenger backrest pad on the trunk might intrude on the passenger space

I had a topcase with a back rest pad on it, about 1.5 inches thick.  There's no need for this on the topcase if your passenger wears a jacket with any sort of back armor.  Take the pad off the topcase, get some passenger room back.
2014 Stelvio NTX
2008 1200 Sport - sold

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 11:05:00 AM »

Offline frans belgium

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 07:11:58 AM »
Don't know, but drove a 2012 8V Norge for 3 years with MG trunk and my passenger (wife) never complained.  Passenger seat roomy and comfy enough and backrest ok.
Owned and sold: V65, Nevada, 2xCali, Breva 1100, Norge 8V, Breva 1100 with Squire sidecar
Currently own: V85 TT

Offline old as dirt 2

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 09:04:08 AM »
easy fix, get some square tubing and extended the mount.  pics are a little dark but you can get the just of it

2013 Norge
2008 MP3 500
bunch of other stuff that is long gone.

Offline NWrider

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 09:27:29 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.    I discovered that the Hepco Becker trunk on my Buell will also work with the rear rack mount they make for the Breva/Norge so I decided to go that route.   The HB trunk won't intrude on the passenger space either.   

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here