Author Topic: But.....but it's discriminating against young people.  (Read 2410 times)

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
But.....but it's discriminating against young people.
« on: June 24, 2019, 07:14:45 PM »
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Online Turin

• Gaggle Hero
    • crap and stuff
Re: But.....but it's discriminating against young people.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 07:32:33 PM »
Banned in many parts of the world, the Mosquito emits a constant noise at such a high frequency that only young people can hear it.

Read the article, and kept missing the punchline.
1997 Daytona RS
1991 Rennsport California III
1991 LeMans 1000
1987 LeMans SE Dave's Cycle Racer
1984 LeMans III
1985 Sidlow Guzzi
1974 850-T Sport
1969 A-series Ambassador
1996 Triumph Daytona 1200
1996 Triumph Daytona 900
1982 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Balocco SE 3.0

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 07:49:50 PM »
" “It very clearly discriminates against young people,” Brian Conner, 20, president of the National Youth Rights Association, told Billy Penn. “It punishes non-criminal behavior, and the idea that youth are more prone to commit crimes than adults is just wrong."
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 08:04:19 PM »
didn't read it all but parks are made for young people to play and congregate . 

when I was a kid, mom would open the door and just say go.  played army, dug for worms, grabbed turtles and horny toads,  played in the park, in the streets, vacant lots, under old buildings,  and the creek. 

creeks were the best.   :thumb:

rode the bike, shot bb guns, someone's doberman (bigfoot) would follow us around, shorts and flip flops

got back for lunch and again at dark.  then beaver and my 3 sons on the tube............. it was all black and white then.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 08:05:00 PM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 08:04:19 PM »

Offline wirespokes

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 10:43:51 PM »
What I found interesting was the idea that a public park becomes private property after closing hours.

It's really sad the solutions found to handle crime - like closing a park for everyone when a few mistreat the privileged. No more summer midnight strolls through 
the park!

Somewhere in Illinois when I was travelling to eastern PA for the 90S rally, I stopped in a little town at dusk. The girls in the pizza shop directed me to the city park as a good place to camp. I was dubious, but checked it out. It was a huge park with a big pond and I set up in a dark area nearby.It's really refreshing being in a friendly place like that.

Early the next morning as I was riding out, a few blocks from the park, a cop was helping someone with directions or a flat?, and he waved at me as I went by. It's hard not to have a warm feeling for a place like that.

Offline Rick in WNY

• Gosling
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 07:22:23 AM »
wirespokes, small towns are where it's at!

The little town I call home has a population of about 800. Couple weeks ago I saw one of the county sheriffs deputies pulled over behind the proverbial little old lady in front of one of the churches in town. Yup... he was changing her flat tire for her. Asked him if he needed a hand while the wife and I were walking by. His reply was "No, but thank you, almost done here sir."

Just another day in paradise... and folks wonder why I like it here.
Guzzi Owner since May 20, 2017
  2004 California Titanium

Offline JC85

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 08:57:40 AM »
Yep, the small town I live in has a camping area with power and water, right off of the highway, and dont charge anyone for 3 days of camping, be it tent or RV. Just something the city decided to do, years ago, for weary travelers.
'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Offline wirespokes

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 09:37:57 AM »
That's really cool. I'm pretty tired of the big city where even the utilities figure out ways to rob us.

I've heard that a hundred years ago most towns had a park where travelers could camp on their way through. Some time later, the motel lobby took over and put an end to that. I'm glad there are places that didn't go that route, or are returning to that simpler time.

oldbike54

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 10:49:23 AM »
Yep, the small town I live in has a camping area with power and water, right off of the highway, and dont charge anyone for 3 days of camping, be it tent or RV. Just something the city decided to do, years ago, for weary travelers.

Kansas is full of those city parks , Cedar Vale is an example , basically we are paying to use the pavilion , the only real way to pay for its upkeep .

Dusty

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 12:18:10 PM »
Wow, this is an interesting situation. I wonder what happened to prompt it in the first place? Vandalism perhaps?

In any event, if a recreation area closes at dusk or some predetermined time then no one should be there anyway. Not that I condone this, just an observation.

Another question is what effect does this have on animals? I would think it might be detrimental to some.

John Henry

Offline Darren Williams

• Finally got me a Griso!
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Life is too short to go slow!
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 01:35:14 PM »
Kansas is full of those city parks , Cedar Vale is an example , basically we are paying to use the pavilion , the only real way to pay for its upkeep .

Dusty

Of course when camping, you have to pick up some food, drink and other provisions that you need for the camp out. Then the next morning you gotta have breakfast and coffee and such. Really probably good for local economies.
The best part of riding a motorcycle is to tilt the horizon and to lift the front coming out of a corner and to drift the back end powering thru loose dirt and to catch a little air topping a hill and... yeah it's all good!

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 02:39:52 PM »

Exactly my thoughts,Zoom Zoom. Thats got to be detrimental to some animals. Thinking "silent" dog whistle.
Rick.
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2019, 03:23:34 PM »
The City of Philadelphia must be having problems with the inner city youth hanging out.  We're having problems with homeless taking over parks and camping out long term.

Offline wirespokes

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2019, 05:03:00 PM »
It's the same here (Portland OR) - parks close at sundown or some specific time. But that probably doesn't apply to the homeless who set up anywhere, even downtown sidewalks.

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2019, 05:28:06 PM »
When we were residing in an isolated valley the nearest city which was 70 miles away was having a problem with miss-spent youth gathering in a city parking area and creating chaos till the small hours of the morning.

The city fathers came up with an ingenious solution; after 10pm the started playing Barry Manilow music out of speakers set on buildings high enough the the said youth couldn't tear them off the wall.

It worked. :grin:  Youth disappeared.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 05:31:39 PM »
Some city is using Classical music on loudspeakers.  Hard to get "amped" up on Brahms, Beethoven etc.  or concerto #whatever :grin:

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 05:38:33 PM »
That's really cool. I'm pretty tired of the big city where even the utilities figure out ways to rob us.

I've heard that a hundred years ago most towns had a park where travelers could camp on their way through. Some time later, the motel lobby took over and put an end to that. I'm glad there are places that didn't go that route, or are returning to that simpler time.

https://freecampsites.net/

here's a guide, I've used on a couple of occasions in my toy hauler. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here