Author Topic: For shooting enthusiasts that supported our team.  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
For shooting enthusiasts that supported our team.
« on: August 30, 2015, 02:06:43 PM »
Letting you guys know that supported the Kealakehe High School Rifle Team through the tee shirt sales.....an update for this season.

Last year we ended the season with 7 kids.  This year we started with 32.  We're currently running with 23.  Looks like we'll finish with 21.

If Saturday is any indication.  Our fundraising is going "Gangbusters".  We do the popcorn sales at the home football games.  We did $697.00 in sales.   :thumb:  That was in 3.5 hours with 5 kids.  The proceeds with last year's balance has been used for shooting gear and an electronic scoring system.

We got the Orion Scoring system and enrolled in the National league.  We can have the kids compete nationally not regionally anymore.  They have a cheaper system for individuals.    http://www.orionscoringsystem.com/orion/Home.asp

The electronic scoring allows us to shoot at home and post scores against other competitors nationally and in a more competitive venue.  Longer season and more matches too. :thumb:

Another factor that has a positive impact is a new JROTC instructor and assistant.  Both are enthusiastic with the 1st. Sgt as the other coach.  New to air rifles but was a DI.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:46:14 PM by Tom »
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
Re: For shooting enthusiasts that supported our team.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 03:42:26 PM »
 :thumb:
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Penderic

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 03:45:15 PM »
Why would you shoot your own supporters? You're so mean!  :boozing:

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 03:14:42 PM »
Why would you shoot your own supporters? You're so mean!  :boozing:

My command of the English language is not as good as yours.  So if you could give me more details into your post?   
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 03:14:42 PM »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 09:27:08 PM »
My command of the English language is not as good as yours.  So if you could give me more details into your post?

It's one of those "Let's eat, Grandma!" versus "Let's eat Grandma" sorts of things.

You used "shooting" (quite properly) as an adjective modifying "enthusiasts".    If you jocularly read "shooting" as a verb, then the sentence fragment reads "I am for shooting the enthusiasts that supported our team".

Well, it was funny at first ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 10:02:17 PM »
 Maybe my grammar is not so good , but I did not read (the) in that sentence either real or implied.
  I think you grammar correctors are inventing a mistake that did not exist.
  He did not shoot the bear coming around the mountain with a gun.
  He did not have a gun.  Only the bear did.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:04:43 PM by Sasquatch Jim »
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline dee g

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 11:15:42 PM »
Nice to hear that others are getting interested!   :thumb:

I wear my marksmanship & wrestling sweatshirts a lot.  Mother in Law asked where I got it at.  Explained how, she was surprised that we knew someone there. The in-laws have a house outside Kona to escape the evil Minnesota winters. She even pronounced the school name properly with out having to sound it out first.  :-)

Let me know when you folks are doing another shirt sale.  Or chocolate sale.  i could always use some of that. hehehe
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:20:57 PM by dee g »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 08:08:05 AM »

Let me know when you folks are doing another shirt sale.  Or chocolate sale.  i could always use some of that. hehehe

Me too.   I've worn out my two earlier shirts.   I used to wear them all the time in Boulder and Denver just to poke at people.

Twice, police officers slowed down and gave me a  :thumb: and hollered, "Hey, I like your T-shirt" when I'd wear the "I support Civilian Marksmanship" one .... !!

Lannis

Offline sib

• Gaggle Hero
  • Location: Smallest state, 221 times smaller than Texas, often compared to the size of an oil slick, forest fire, or ice sheet
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 08:32:33 AM »
....This year we started with 32.  We're currently running with 23.  Looks like we'll finish with 21.
Too bad about those 11 who aren't going to finish.  Maybe better body armor would help.
Current: 2021 V7 Stone E5
Previous: 2016 V7II Stone
Previous: 2013 V7 Stone
Several decades ago: 1962? Honda CB77 Super Hawk

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 01:19:15 AM »
It's one of those "Let's eat, Grandma!" versus "Let's eat Grandma" sorts of things.

You used "shooting" (quite properly) as an adjective modifying "enthusiasts".    If you jocularly read "shooting" as a verb, then the sentence fragment reads "I am for shooting the enthusiasts that supported our team".

Well, it was funny at first ....

Lannis

Thx for the explanation.  Seems that there seems to be some reading comprehension problems with some of members.  :rolleyes:

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 10:48:15 AM »
Thx for the explanation.  Seems that there seems to be some reading comprehension problems with some of members.  :rolleyes:

Too much WildGuzzi reading.   Pretty soon, it's hard to take anything at obvious face value ....

"There's bound to be a trick or play on words in here somewhere, I'll find it .... "!

Lannis

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 09:37:52 PM »
Thought I was missing something.  :grin:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 09:38:42 PM by Tom »

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here