Author Topic: Tiddlers in the West  (Read 628 times)

Offline pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
Tiddlers in the West
« on: May 08, 2019, 11:11:37 AM »
I reported elsewhere on this list about a couple of Brit chaps attempting a Route-66 on mopeds.
I did a Route-66 over the last two weeks.
When we were in Petrified Forest in New Mexico we ran into a young couple on a western moto tour.  They were Korean.  They had flown to Guatemala and purchase two 125cc motorcycles.  They are traveling northish.  They came up the east coast of Mexico and had recently entered the US.  She speaks fairly good English.  They were heading with next stop at Yellowstone and due north to Canada , then west to the Pacific, then south through California to Baja, Mexico.  Of course I gave them my card and invited them to our home if they reach the SFO area.  After Mexico they expect to U-turn and head back up to Alaska for the finish.  Easy to spot as they are on identical small machines (Yamaha?) and have a veritable mountain of camping cargo on board.   License plates issued by 'Central America'.  Sorry I didn't get a picture.  Keep an eye out for them.  Can't find any Internet reference to them.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Tiddlers in the West
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 04:19:05 PM »
Intrepid. Good on them. It's useful to not be in a hurry when you're looking around, taking it all in.
2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here