Author Topic: Maybe Luap is chopped liver .  (Read 10647 times)

oldbike54

Re: Look in the stickies top of the page .
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2019, 08:52:29 PM »
You'd think that would do it......

You would  :evil: Apparently even free isn't good enough  :rolleyes: Last free exit ...

Dusty

oldbike54

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2019, 08:00:29 AM »
 Let's try this .

If you don't post in Luap's thread in the stickies , all of your tires will have flats .

Wake up you bunch of dozy pillocks .

Dusty

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2019, 09:12:49 AM »
Let's try this .

If you don't post in Luap's thread in the stickies , all of your tires will have flats .

Wake up you bunch of dozy pillocks .

Dusty
Hey Dusty, just thinking  out loud now. I was away from the forum for a few years while in between guzzis, you think we that have returned attendance confirmation may be the only ones actually visiting the site?

oldbike54

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2019, 09:38:48 AM »
Hey Dusty, just thinking  out loud now. I was away from the forum for a few years while in between guzzis, you think we that have returned attendance confirmation may be the only ones actually visiting the site?

Good morning Dan .

Here is the problem , over the last 30 minutes we have had over 800 *guests* reading WG . In other words , 800 people who either aren't members, or simply can't be bothered to log in . That number is normally over 1,000 , Sat morning being a slow time . We have over 4,500 registered members, so accounting for some attrition , let's say 3,500 people are still at least somewhat active , either using the board as a tech resource , or only using the swap meet section . Now , no problem with that , but for purposes of unconfusing the server , we need these folks to give us a post in Luap's thread . Nothing nefarious , we aren't going to sell any data , or break into anything personal . What we are attempting to do is reduce Luap's workload , nothing more .

Oh , I made up *unconfusing*  :laugh:

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2019, 09:38:48 AM »

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2019, 09:56:25 AM »
Good morning Dan .

Here is the problem , over the last 30 minutes we have had over 800 *guests* reading WG . In other words , 800 people who either aren't members, or simply can't be bothered to log in . That number is normally over 1,000 , Sat morning being a slow time . We have over 4,500 registered members, so accounting for some attrition , let's say 3,500 people are still at least somewhat active , either using the board as a tech resource , or only using the swap meet section . Now , no problem with that , but for purposes of unconfusing the server , we need these folks to give us a post in Luap's thread . Nothing nefarious , we aren't going to sell any data , or break into anything personal . What we are attempting to do is reduce Luap's workload , nothing more .

Oh , I made up *unconfusing*  :laugh:

Dusty

Now I totally understand what the issue it. My understanding of how forums like ours operate is very limited. Thanks for the education as this is the only way us older guys with limited knowledge of computers and modern technology actually works. Thanks for all you guys do to offer all us the opportunity to be a part of this great forum👍👍👍👍
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 12:45:05 PM by Ncdan »

oldbike54

« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2019, 09:35:09 AM »
 Hey Shorty , you're lettin' me down here  :laugh:

Not many days left to protect your account here , wake up folks .

Dusty

oldbike54

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2019, 06:31:45 AM »
 Hey , PAY ATTENTION , time is running out to post in Luap's thread and protect your place here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dusty

Online Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2019, 01:04:55 PM »
Throw your hat in the ring if you value the camaraderie and info this page provides.  Go up to the sticky and check in. Click on the ads once in awhile , even if you ain't gonna buy anything.  Won't cost you a penny, and will ease Luap's expenses, thus ensuring the longevity of the forum. Don't be a 

:laugh:
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

oldbike54

« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2019, 07:06:39 AM »
Throw your hat in the ring if you value the camaraderie and info this page provides.  Go up to the sticky and check in. Click on the ads once in awhile , even if you ain't gonna buy anything.  Won't cost you a penny, and will ease Luap's expenses, thus ensuring the longevity of the forum. Don't be a 

:laugh:

Don't be a wanker either  :shocked:

Wake up folks .

Dusty

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2019, 07:41:51 AM »
So, I assume this won't affect the 1000 lookers? It'll just prune inactive members?
(thinly disguised bump)
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Devildog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2019, 05:17:45 PM »
Are lookers and lurkers the same? Contributing to a forum is part of keeping a healthy conversation, everyone should chip in now and then. But sometimes spectating is fun. :popcorn:
'93 Daytona 1000
'95 Sport 1100
'98 Ducati 900 SS Final Edition
2002 Aprilia RSV Mille R
'10 GasGas e250 FE

oldbike54

Re: Maybe Luap is chopped liver .
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2019, 08:30:24 PM »
 Maybe Luap is chopped liver , he politely asks EVERYONE to post in his stickied thread , and only 600 members can be bothered .

Dusty

Offline Idontwantapickle

• Gaggle Hero
  • The rotation of the earth really makes my day.
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2019, 09:19:56 PM »
Wow, that's a great idea Dusty! Make it a raffle! Free entry and winner gets 20 bucks!
Glad you thought of it! :evil:
There is no end to what we can do together.
Sir James Paul McCartney

AMA Charter Life Member

72 Eldo
85 LeMans 1000 Loud, Fast and Red
2007 Norge rivestimento di argento
84 BMW R100RS

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Look in the stickies
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2019, 09:32:45 PM »
There have over 1000 people viewing WG, in the last 30 minutes who haven't bothered to log in , this is the source of the problem guys , how hard is it to access your account ? Geez , it's not like we are gonna reveal anyone's whereabouts , so those of you in the witness protection program don't need to worry  :laugh:

Dusty
We just like to wind you up :weiner:
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

oldbike54

« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2019, 09:38:43 PM »
We just like to wind you up :weiner:

So far only 598 of you have  :tongue:

Dusty

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2019, 09:42:57 PM »
So far only 598 of you have  :tongue:

Dusty
So you can tell who has looked and not responded, yes...?

oldbike54

« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2019, 10:03:57 PM »
[/quo

Not really , might catch a few by accident , but it would require hours of work. It just seemed like such a simple request .

Dusty

Offline kirby1923

• Gaggle Mentor
  • '81 CX100
  • Location: SoCal (rural) near Tehachapi CA, Rogers AR when in the states other times GMT+1 thu +6
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2019, 10:32:40 PM »
From what I can tell there are allot of folks on WG that frequent MANY forums and probably only log in here occasionally as in not a lot, and most likely do the same on other boards as well.

I know that this fact is known by you management types so your finding out that only 600 to maybe 700 come to the site regularly (or regular enough to stay registered) or semi regularly.

If I was running things I would just start purging to an exceptable  number of regular and semi regulars users.(arbitrary or a manageable number?)

Those purged can reup if they want..no?

This is the only board I go on to maintain contact with the real world?

A great bunch for sure.

(probably need to keep all those that donate)

My .02c

:-)

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 05:22:40 PM by kirby1923 »
'81 CX100

A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the constant pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness.. Einstein,A

beetle

« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2019, 03:11:01 AM »
Given that it a piece of piss to tell your browser to automagically log you in, I don't understand why peeps don't simply check that box?

I was a good boy and responded to the sticky post. Yes. That's right. I'm a good boy.

What I find interesting is the peeps that sign up, never post in a thread, yet PM me for my sage advice. Yes, you heard it here. I'm so bloody famous and seriously important that people sign up to WG just to PM my wonderful self. You might be asking yourself what's Beetle on? Tennessee Whisky, FYI. Now that I have your attention, let me tell you how good I am. I am the the best. I am godlike in my Fuel Injection wizardry. Yes, I am the best. No other plebeian in these hallowed interwebs can make your Guzzi run better than I. Peeps seek my pearly drops of wisdom from far and wide. No other Australian from the outback has done more for Guzzidom than I. I am wonderful and glorious. I can make your Guzzi purr. No one does it like me. me me me me me me eme eme element,eme,did,eme,d,d.

Yep, I'm drunk. Thanks for your support.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2019, 03:22:37 AM »
Given that it a piece of piss to tell your browser to automagically log you in, I don't understand why peeps don't simply check that box?

I was a good boy and responded to the sticky post. Yes. That's right. I'm a good boy.

What I find interesting is the peeps that sign up, never post in a thread, yet PM me for my sage advice. Yes, you heard it here. I'm so bloody famous and seriously important that people sign up to WG just to PM my wonderful self. You might be asking yourself what's Beetle on? Tennessee Whisky, FYI. Now that I have your attention, let me tell you how good I am. I am the the best. I am godlike in my Fuel Injection wizardry. Yes, I am the best. No other plebeian in these hallowed interwebs can make your Guzzi run better than I. Peeps seek my pearly drops of wisdom from far and wide. No other Australian from the outback has done more for Guzzidom than I. I am wonderful and glorious. I can make your Guzzi purr. No one does it like me. me me me me me me eme eme element,eme,did,eme,d,d.

Except for the “good boy” and “outback” reference bit, that’s all true.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 03:55:41 AM by Huzo »

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2019, 03:58:32 AM »
[/quo

Not really , might catch a few by accident , but it would require hours of work. It just seemed like such a simple request .

Dusty
Still does.

Offline twodogs

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2019, 05:26:57 AM »
I think I replied twice, my bad but just making sure  :boozing:
2-2023 Yamaha TW200
2022 Triumph 850 sport

oldbike54

« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2019, 06:18:26 AM »
 Good morning Mark , how ya goin' mate ?

If it makes you feel any better , I get PM's asking for relationship advice from people that apparently only joined so they could do so  :shocked: :shocked:

Dusty

beetle

« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2019, 06:29:36 AM »
Good morning Mark , how ya goin' mate ?

I'm drunk. And loving it.
It's a Friday night. Tomorrow, I ride.

If it makes you feel any better , I get PM's asking for relationship advice from people that apparently only joined so they could do so  :shocked: :shocked:

Egads!  :shocked:

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2019, 11:07:17 AM »
From what I can tell there are allot of folks on WG that frequent MANY forums and probably only log in here occasionally as in not a lot, and most likely do the same on other boards as well.

I know that this fact is known by you management types so your finding out that only 600 to maybe 700 come to the site regularly (or regular enough to stay registered) or semi regularly.

If I was running things I would just start purging to an expectable  number of regular and semi regulars users.(arbitrary or a manageable number?)

Those purged can reup if they want..no?

This is the only board I go on to maintain contact with the real world?

A great bunch for sure.

(probably need to keep all those that donate)

My .02c

:-)

So 600 people have responded to the request in the last 17 days, and 3000+ more have until July 11th to respond, which means you're detecting people who at least LOOK at the list once a month.

That seems pretty generous to me.   

I note that simply looking at the "memberlist" data available to all of us reveals that over 1500 people have NEVER posted.   And now they have an opportunity to post once even if just to say "I'm here.  Would like to stay and watch".

If someone can't be arsed to post once NOR respond to the request, what possible harm could there be in deleting them summarily, without a trial or hearing?   Chances are great that they are spiders, bots, dead, or an accident ... Even a few bytes cost money ...

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline pebra

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2019, 06:08:31 PM »

I'm fine with most of this, except: It would be Tennessee WHISKEY, right?
And how can you drink that stuff?
Try Scotch single malt WHISKY, would make you way more mellow!   :wink:
Yep, I'm drunk (from grappa, which should be the only liquor allowed on this fine forum  :boozing: )
Guzzi HTMoto Roadster "Verdina"
2009 Griso 8V "Weißgerät"
Norge-man - introduction #ca 198 shown Guzzi #195

beetle

« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2019, 07:11:06 PM »
I'm fine with most of this, except: It would be Tennessee WHISKEY, right?

Please forgive I. It was the drink, i tells ya.

And how can you drink that stuff?

Usually in a glass. Sometimes with ice, even.

Try Scotch single malt WHISKY, would make you way more mellow!   :wink:
Yep, I'm drunk (from grappa, which should be the only liquor allowed on this fine forum  :boozing: )

Scotch don't do it for me. Irish whiskey, on the other hand, is the drink of the gods.

oldbike54

« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2019, 09:16:44 AM »
 Monday morning bump .

Dusty

oldbike54

« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2019, 06:47:20 AM »
 Is anyone paying attention here ?

Dusty

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2019, 06:52:17 AM »
Luap might be chop liver but LaSandra is USDA PRIME RIB!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here