Author Topic: GP Motorcycles  (Read 1738 times)

Offline Noguzznoglory

• Gosling
GP Motorcycles
« on: July 07, 2019, 06:10:43 AM »
Anyone care to comment on GP motorcycles in San Diego? They have a white Norge that’s realistically priced that I’m interested in. Wonder what “fees” they add to the sale. Even better if someone knows the bike.
93 750 Nighthawk
73 Honda CB350
73 Honda CL450
04 Breva 750
15 Norge
16 VERSYS 650

Offline guzzi4me

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: GP Motorcycles
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 10:27:39 AM »
From what I have heard about GPCycles they are a really good dealer.

Would not hesitate buying from them. As with any shop would call or visit and
ask questions.

Ride safe and often...

Jeff
Jeff S
Fruita CO

01 Jackal "Mistress"...sold
02 Stone "Giada"...donated Cedar Vale raffle
16 Stone V7 II "Olivia"...racking up the miles!!

Offline drbone641

• Gosling
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 10:35:55 AM »
With where you are, it might pay you to check with the Miami dealer. I just saved a grand over what GP was offering on a 16 Eldo. I think they are dealing. Laz (sales) was easy to work with. I say this, not knowing whether they have what you want.
73 TR6
09 Multistrada
16 Eldorado

Offline vstevens

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 10:36:47 AM »
Anyone care to comment on GP motorcycles in San Diego? They have a white Norge that’s realistically priced that I’m interested in. Wonder what “fees” they add to the sale. Even better if someone knows the bike.

I bought a V7 from them.  New bikes have a setup fee that is reasonable for the area.  I'm pretty sure used bikes don't have any additional fees over the asking price.  GP sells Aprillia, Ducati, MG, MV... all Italian bikes.  They are the only MG dealer in San Diego.  They also have a wide variety of used bikes most of the time, as well as a pretty robust service shop. 

I bought and had my bike serviced there and I have no complaints.  I do my part in supporting our local shop... don't want to go all the way up to LA for service even if it might mean paying a little more here.  After all, the salesmen and mechanics have to make a living in a very expensive city.. they gotta pay rent too.

I've seen the Norge on their website and it looks good.  I could check it out during the week... any excuse to look at Italian motorcycles is a good one ☝️

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 10:36:47 AM »

Offline Noguzznoglory

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 10:58:29 AM »
Thanks for the replies.
I’ll check the Miami dealer, bone but they’re 600 miles away. The price GP Has on their bike leaves me room to ship.

May take you up on that offer to look over the Norge
Thanks again all
93 750 Nighthawk
73 Honda CB350
73 Honda CL450
04 Breva 750
15 Norge
16 VERSYS 650

Offline guzzi4me

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 11:05:11 AM »
Great excuse to do a fly and ride! !!

Jeff S
Fruita CO

01 Jackal "Mistress"...sold
02 Stone "Giada"...donated Cedar Vale raffle
16 Stone V7 II "Olivia"...racking up the miles!!

Offline rdtricks

• New Egg
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 12:48:52 PM »
I purchased a new 2017 Stelvio NTX this past March from the folks at GP Motorcycles, San Diego.  They treated me with respect at all times during the transaction and the price was better than any shops closer to home.  I will be calling on Paul and his team when the time comes for me to purchase another motorcycle.
2006 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
2003 BMW R1150RT
2017 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX

Offline guzzi771

• Gosling
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 02:08:00 PM »
I just purchased a new 2018 V7III carbon shine last month from GP Motorcycles and had it shipped to Texas it came with the wrong seat but they sent me the correct one, They are good people to deal with the Norge looks like a good deal go for it !

Bert Remington

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 02:24:14 PM »
I visited GPM when considering a V9 and everyone was helpful and friendly.  When I came back for 600 mile post-rollerization service for a 2012 Norge purchased used from Windsor dealer, I felt I received the service I paid for (not so much for Windsor dealer).  So I recommend GPM.

In addition to the Matris fork kit ($360) and Ohlins monoshock ($1,150), the 2015 seems to have a GTM muffler ($800) and Y-pipe ($410) so that means an ECU reflash ($250).  Since GTM is just 100 miles up the 5 and the previous owner seems to have deep pockets, I suspect the 2015 is a runner.  Interesting graphics on the gas tank -- I wonder if they are reflective for nighttime visibility.

Let vtstevens and me know which  one you buy and when you come to town to ride it home!

Online antmanbee

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 07:48:30 PM »
A member has a white Norge for sale in the Swap meet section, though the price is not listed.
https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=101603.0

Offline Noguzznoglory

• Gosling
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 02:29:31 PM »
i'm hawking one at npa auctions with only 4k miles. if i can't buy that one i'll probably get serious with GP cycles

thanks again all
93 750 Nighthawk
73 Honda CB350
73 Honda CL450
04 Breva 750
15 Norge
16 VERSYS 650

Bert Remington

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2019, 10:02:58 PM »
I'll be at GPM tomorrow for 30km service on my 2012 Norge.  Let me know if you want me to take a look at the 2015 runner.  That 2014 is so ordinary (ie, like my 2012). :smiley:

Offline Cage Free

• Gosling
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 10:57:16 AM »
Ive bought three Guzzi's from them since 2012 and they've been very fair and honest. On a used bike there should be nothing but sales tax and maybe tags if expired. Even on new bikes they offer great prices. I bought a new 17 Griso in Feb and only paid tax and license and still got $4200. off list price. Ill for sure be buying from then again.

Offline Tusayan

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2019, 12:57:30 PM »
GP has gone from being a three men plus two pit bulls downtown (hole in the wall) MZ dealer circa 1994 to one of the largest multi store European bike dealers in the US.  I think in general that’s based on good deals and good customer service.  They had a period in which a common complaint was mechanics being untrained and overwhelmed (after owner Paul Lima left the workshop to run the business as a whole) but although I’m not nearby and haven’t used the current workshop setup I’m led to believe that’s now long resolved.  I’ve bought two new bikes there and in both cases was very happy with the deal.  Paul is unafraid of buying big to get big wholesale discounts and always seems to move the bikes.  I remember him once buying something like forty Cagiva Gran Canyons years ago when Ferracci couldn’t move them to dealers...  then selling all of them quickly.  He’s an amazing businessman supported by a strong market in his area.

In case anybody is unaware, the nearby Triumph/Enfield/Zero dealer (ex Rocket Motorcycles) is under the same ownership as GP and Moto Forza (the next Ducati etc dealer north) also has some kind of GP ownership share.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 01:27:34 PM by Tusayan »

Offline Scud

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 05:18:09 PM »
I'll add my endorsement for GP. I bought my Scura and my Stelvio from them and would buy there again. I have also bought two motorcycles from Moto Forza and had good service experiences with both dealers.
1989 Moto Guzzi LeMans
2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport Scura
2017 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
2017 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX
2020 Yamaha TW200

Bert Remington

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 06:21:54 PM »
While my Norge was being serviced by GPM (Gerald) I asked Chris Curmen about the history of the 2015 Norge on behalf of NG2 (he PM'd me and I responded).  Basically the previous owner lives in Orange, bought the 2015 from GPM Feb 2017, didn't like the handling so had GTM upgrade it, then traded it for a Ducati this Feb, and when he came back for service said he missed his Norge.

I'm tempted to ask Chris what he will give me for trade-in on my 2012 for his 2015.  And I know my bank will give me the money as fast as I can fill out the paperwork.  That 2015 is one fine machine.

Thanks for the ownership info on the T/RE/Z Rocket dealership.  I kinda bought my Classic 500 from them.  I bought my Norge from Euro Cycle Sonoma after looking at it's pictures for 5 minutes.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here