Author Topic: Dorsoduro 1200: anyone have any experience with one?  (Read 1143 times)

Offline flip

• Gaggle Hero
  • Aprilia Caponord 1200, Aprilia Shiver, gone MG B11
Dorsoduro 1200: anyone have any experience with one?
« on: July 09, 2019, 12:28:19 AM »
There is a 2011 Dorsoduro 1200 for sale a a great price not too far from me. I'm thinking about going and looking at it. Do any of you guys have any experience with them? The legroom is a major selling point for me. The power would be a plus too!
North Carolina

Offline Darren Williams

• Finally got me a Griso!
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Life is too short to go slow!
Re: Dorsoduro 1200: anyone have any experience with one?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 06:52:59 AM »
Test rode a 750 a couple years ago and thought it was a hoot. You have to adjust your riding style mentality a bit if you're used to sport bikes or cruisers, but I had a 250 supermoto so I was kind of used to it. I probably would get in a lot of trouble with the 1200 and have too many court dates for my wallet and license to be safe.
The best part of riding a motorcycle is to tilt the horizon and to lift the front coming out of a corner and to drift the back end powering thru loose dirt and to catch a little air topping a hill and... yeah it's all good!

Offline Johncolleary

• Gosling
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 06:58:18 AM »
I had one for a loaner bike while my Stelvio was having warranty for done, and I thought it was a good bike.  Handles great and the power is awesome.  I just don't think I could handle the tickets i'd be getting on it.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made." �Groucho Marx
2013 Stelvio NTX
2014 Triumph Tiger 800
2001 Suzuki DR400
2023 Kawasaki KLX300

Offline stmike

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 09:44:26 PM »
Good motor, but felt very tall and top-heavy to me.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 09:44:26 PM »

Offline Sheepdog

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 09:46:22 AM »
The new Dorsoduro 900 looks like a better option: light weight, more power than the 750, a TFT dash, and all the rider aids. However Dorsoduro does mean "hard back." The seat looks like something that will work no more than an hour...
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell

Offline Darren Williams

• Finally got me a Griso!
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Life is too short to go slow!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 01:06:55 PM »
However Dorsoduro does mean "hard back." The seat looks like something that will work no more than an hour...

Yes, it's not a touring bike.
The best part of riding a motorcycle is to tilt the horizon and to lift the front coming out of a corner and to drift the back end powering thru loose dirt and to catch a little air topping a hill and... yeah it's all good!

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here