Author Topic: Custom riding jeans  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Luap McKeever

• Owner, WildGuzzi.com
  • Administrator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
    • Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
Custom riding jeans
« on: June 01, 2018, 10:21:04 AM »
This heat has been something.  I've learned that my full Cortec suit even with the liner out can still be quite warm.  The things I love about it are the easy on/off thanks to the zipper clean up to the hip, the knee and butt pads.  I like to wear shorts at work but do not like to ride in shorts.

What to do?  Why can't someone build jeans like that?  Well, I did just that.

Take a $5 pair of oversized jeans, go to hobby lobby and buy a couple 30" double zippers and some leather patches for the knees and butt. Take all this stuff to an alterations lady and Voila, here ya go.

This morning was my first maiden voyage in them. I love them.  Can wear my shorts underneath (and still zip down the top zipper to access my wallet, etc), take them on/off in about 5 seconds. It's a win in my book.

Total cost - $65.  Ability to buy them at walmart, or anywhere else for that matter - Zero

« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 10:23:31 AM by Luap McKeever »
Founder, Wildguzzi.com (est. 1998)
2021 V85TT Centenario E5
2001 California Special
2001 California EV
2020 Indian Challenger Limited

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
Re: Custom riding jeans
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 12:12:27 PM »
Nice. And you could put armor on the knees.

Duluth Firehose pants have knee pockets for foam pads that will also take knee armor.
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 01:08:25 PM »
True spec and 911 tactical pants have a good grade armory in a pocket in the knees which can be removed. They come in winter and summer weights for around 60 bucks, give or take a few bucks. Several earth tone colored are available. They make great ridding gear as they have cargo pockets and button rear pockets for wallet safety. Can’t hardly beat that.

Offline Luap McKeever

• Owner, WildGuzzi.com
  • Administrator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
    • Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 03:07:18 PM »
Nice. And you could put armor on the knees.

Duluth Firehose pants have knee pockets for foam pads that will also take knee armor.

I actually looked at those, but the absence of a hip-zipper and the fact I couldn't try them on is why I didn't go that route. I thought about getting them and having the zipper put in, but it would not have been right.

True spec and 911 tactical pants have a good grade armory in a pocket in the knees which can be removed. They come in winter and summer weights for around 60 bucks, give or take a few bucks. Several earth tone colored are available. They make great ridding gear as they have cargo pockets and button rear pockets for wallet safety. Can’t hardly beat that.

Same as above.  If they had hip-zippers, I would have done that.  I am going to put some pads in the knees and hip on these though.
Founder, Wildguzzi.com (est. 1998)
2021 V85TT Centenario E5
2001 California Special
2001 California EV
2020 Indian Challenger Limited

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 03:07:18 PM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here