Author Topic: Moto Guzzi Nevada Ignition wiring  (Read 177 times)

Offline Pexy13

• New Egg
Moto Guzzi Nevada Ignition wiring
« on: March 12, 2024, 03:17:04 PM »
Greetings!

I'm installing motogadget mo-unit blue, handlebar switches and new guage on my 2002 moto guzzi Nevada to get rid of old wiring. I removed all of the wiring harnes and before i start adding imputs and outputs to the mo-unit I wanted to just wire up the ignition system to see if there's still spark at the plugs when I crank over the engine (by shorting the starter lug to the +12V lug with a wrench). I found the schematic online that i'm doing this by. Looking at the frame number and voltage regulator wiring I asume that my Nevada has a series 2 wiring(files attached). I removed the coil plugs for both right and left coil plus i cut away the RPM sense wire that goes to the original guage. The phase sensor connector is left as it is because it's plug is seperately connected directly to the Digiplex 2S (med 501A) via blue and black wires to pins 1 and 2. There are no diagnostics connector wires as shown on the schematic. There is a purple/black 2inch long wire connected to the pun 4 but nothing was connected to it. The schematic says there should be the contact for spark advance reduction. The ground wire on pin 10 is the one that went to the battery negative therminal lug whitch I just cut away at the lug and connected directly to the negative battery therminal . As seen by the schematic positive 12V goes from the battery trough the fuse and relay to the pin 6 and is split to the coils. I cut the wire before the relay and connected it directly to +12V battery therminal. The final schematic of just the digiplex wiring after removing everything is also attached. For some reason when I connected everything up and cranked the engine there is no sparking on the spark plugs and I don't know why. Am I missing something and did I wire it all incorectly or is the digiplex module broken? Feel free to ask for any more info all help is welcomed!

Best regards, Sven

Offline chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Moto Guzzi Nevada Ignition wiring
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 05:00:27 AM »
I’m one of about three Nevada riders hanging out here.and...it’s all way over my head….

This quote for Guzziti to mind..

‘Making electricians out of motorcyclists since 1929..’

Everything I touch electronic goes friiTStTzzZzZZ…

Good luck!
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

Offline Pexy13

• New Egg
Re: Moto Guzzi Nevada Ignition wiring
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 06:41:24 AM »
I’m one of about three Nevada riders hanging out here.and...it’s all way over my head….
This quote for Guzziti to mind..
‘Making electricians out of motorcyclists since 1929..’
Everything I touch electronic goes friiTStTzzZzZZ…
Good luck!
Thanks for the reply! This quote realy sums up me right now :D

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here