Author Topic: (Now with picture) Spoke too soon regarding my eldo disc front end  (Read 542 times)

Offline amamet

• Gaggle Mentor

Mistakenly mentioned in another post I had a complete disc front end for my eldo, actually I “only” have  forks, triple and axle. I’ll submit a photo shortly, I need wheel, spacer, fender and disc(s). Anyone tell me what other model front wheel I can grab one from? Same with what size spacer and what is the fender differences between 4ls fender and disc fender. Anything else I’d need beside m/c, cables etc…
Any idea on the value of what I have ?
Thx
Allen
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 04:10:40 PM by amamet »

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Re: Spoke too soon regarding my eldo disc front end
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 03:43:03 PM »
Mistakenly mentioned in another post I had a complete disc front end for my eldo, actually I “only” have  forks, triple and axle. I’ll submit a photo shortly, I need wheel, spacer, fender and disc(s). Anyone tell me what other model front wheel I can grab one from? Same with what size spacer and what is the fender differences between 4ls fender and disc fender. Anything else I’d need beside m/c, cables etc…
Thx
Allen

The yokes/triples are the same drum or disk. Wheel can come from a T, T3, Convert, G5. You'll need 10 mm thick spacers for between the bearing carriers and disk, along with longer bolts. Joe Kenny makes the spacers, I have a pair that are surplus to my requirements.
https://www.thisoldtractor.com/moto_guzzi_loopframe_disc_brake_spacer_for_hub_flange___bearing_carrier___disc_carrier.html

Axle spacer: https://www.thisoldtractor.com/moto_guzzi_loopframe_disc_brake_spacer_between_bearing_and_fork_leg.html

The fender is basically the same except for the center stay - the disk stay is not as wide and mounts farther rearward than the drum center stay. Fender braces are both different as well.
https://www.thisoldtractor.com/moto_guzzi_loopframe_disc_brake_fender.html
https://www.thisoldtractor.com/moto_guzzi_loopframe_disc_brake_fender_stays.html
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 03:45:02 PM by Antietam Classic Cycle »
Charlie

Offline amamet

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: (Now with picture) Spoke too soon regarding my eldo disc front end
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 11:28:46 AM »
So it appears the fender is the tough one to find. I can get a wheel, discs, spacers/carriers, hardware etc… but the fender…oy, this may take a while 

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023, 03:26:25 PM »
So it appears the fender is the tough one to find. I can get a wheel, discs, spacers/carriers, hardware etc… but the fender…oy, this may take a while

The drum fender can be modified. The drum center mount cut off, a new mount fabricated and welded in place. The Cal II fender is very close, the Cal II front brace is as well.
Charlie

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023, 03:26:25 PM »

Offline ccoli

• Gaggle Hero
  • What? Me Worry?
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2023, 03:32:18 PM »
I have a black and chrome Cal2 front fender I'd sell. No mounting brackets though.
$125+shipping.

Wisconsin MGNOC Rep
03 EVT/EML hack, 99 Bassa, SPIII, 3-78 Robins, 75 T3, 74 Eldo, 32 Sport15, Ambo custom.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here