Author Topic: Any Seattle 2016 V7II's here?  (Read 628 times)

Offline zaoguzzi

• Hatchling
Any Seattle 2016 V7II's here?
« on: October 07, 2016, 05:43:25 PM »
Hi, folks, long time no talk!  I live in Seattle, you folks really helped me get off the ground when I started making a few custom parts for my 2010 V7 Classic a few years ago.  It was a (modest) success, we got comments like "fits perfectly", "easy to install" and "build quality better than stock".  I have mostly shifted sales from here to Ebay, to streamline things.  Now there's like 8 different companies making fender eliminators for the V7, and some folks hate the tail tidies anyways, oh well, what can you do.  It's not like Guzzi parts are my only job, thank goodness. ;)

Before that, I started with making a new headlight bracket, that lowered the headlight a bit, and sucked it a bit back in towards the bike, all enabling the speedo and tach to drop down so they were flush with triple clamp plate.  (I thought they sat up too high.) Sort of a silly aesthetic change that no one needs, but I liked it and I guess some other folks do too because they still buy them from time to time.

Only issue is, the part is now outdated with the addition of the ABS and TCS lights on the V7II.  We need a donor bike here in Seattle to test fit a new part, so we can stay with the times!  It would involve riding your 2016 to Ballard, or, if you prefer, Kent - drinking a beer or two while we take measurements - ride off again.  Return a few weeks later for another test fit and another beer - hopefully not another iteration but maybe - and of course you get to keep the prototype.  (And the beer.)

Call or text me if you're interested in participating!  Or hey, maybe you're not interested but you just the want the ride - or the beer - yeah, call or text!  :)  Thanks.

Ben Oleson
(206) 595.2793
ben@zaogardening.com
Ben
Seattle, WA
2010 V7 Classic
Yamaha XT250

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here