Author Topic: 1200 GT Norge 8V mods?  (Read 9085 times)

pete roper

Re: 1200 GT Norge 8V mods?
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2016, 09:27:01 PM »
I am extremely happy to hear that, if for no other reason than the price is right. Not having to go to a bunch of aftermarket solutions that may or may not be real solutions is a wonderful thing. The encouraging thing about that is it's obvious from your response that Guzzi got it almost right from the get go, and big changes are not required. And did i mention I love torque!
Also means I can spend money on suspension if needed!

As with almost all bikes the biggest 'Bang for Buck' return you can be get is by throwing money at the suspension. As Mark is prone to say 'Handling improvement due to aggressive spending'! This is true of all the CARC Guzzis which tend to be under sprung and over damped.

With the Norges the forks can be greatly improved by revalving and oil type and quantity as well as getting suitable springs. The rear shock is a pretty crude thing and huge improvements can be made by accepting the inevitable and spending money on something decent from Matris or Wilburs. As an addition to this one of the VITAL bits of preventative maintenance on any CARC bike is to drop off the swingarm and grease the swingarm bearings and linkage bearings as the factory is always totally abstemious with grease application and they will rust out in short order unless packed properly.

Brakes can be greatly improved simply by changing to HH pads rather than the FF ones supplied ex-factory which appear to be made of something like granite and while impervious to wear don't work very well and destroy the rotors in fairly short, (100,000km) order.

Pete

Offline MCR

• New Egg
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2023, 02:31:58 AM »
Hello,
I'm new in this forum and this is my second post.
I like change my bykes/cars so I show you my first mod for my Norge:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLNtMqzOzgk
I say right away that it's not for sale because I should be asking for an excessive price, but if someone is interested in replicating it on their own and is a minimum Arduino and electronics geek like me, then I can provide all the necessary info.
Comment or suggestions?

Online blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2023, 05:33:12 AM »
i wonder if the original poster ever got the norge?
Blue Guzz

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here