Author Topic: MotoAmerica in Pittsburgh Aug 25-27  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
MotoAmerica in Pittsburgh Aug 25-27
« on: August 24, 2017, 08:59:44 AM »
Just read a brief on a track in Pittsburgh. Don't know if it is new or just resurfaced and new to MotoAmerica.
Arizona Wayne is usually on top of broadcast schedules. Any feedback on the circuit?
What I find interesting is the news was on MotoGP's website. Maybe Dorna is really going to invest in the North American market. That would mean a rookie's cup leading eventually to rides in the big time. Cool stuff. Hopefully.
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

Offline apex1397

• Hatchling
Re: MotoAmerica in Pittsburgh Aug 25-27
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 10:08:39 AM »
Pittsburg International Race Complex. Wampum PA. 2.8 mile track. Nice Place. Been to several events there over the years,

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 07:13:38 PM »
Pittsburg International Race Complex. Wampum PA. 2.8 mile track. Nice Place. Been to several events there over the years,

Thank you, "over the years",.... that is what I was asking. The idea that a premier race like MotoAmerica is both trying a new track and letting it be known in news feed of Dorna's MotoGP site makes me wonder if Dorna isn't looking for a second US GP again.
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 09:41:31 PM »
Thank you, "over the years",.... that is what I was asking. The idea that a premier race like MotoAmerica is both trying a new track and letting it be known in news feed of Dorna's MotoGP site makes me wonder if Dorna isn't looking for a second US GP again.

although dorna would want more races, I think that is a stretch.  Indy was drawing about the same as COTA.  Barber would be a great place but management there wanted an exclusive for WSBK and won't share with Laguna.   Not many other tracks for MotoGP.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 09:41:31 PM »

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 08:34:44 PM »
According to the race track announcers they had a BIG turnout of fans @ the Pittsburg races this weekend and the weather was perfect.  It's a hairy track with more curves than straights so lot's of HP doesn't give you a big advantage like some other tracks.  Both Superbike races were really entertaining this weekend and Roger Hayden won 1 today.  :thumb:

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here