Author Topic: Will it fit ?  (Read 1303 times)

Offline GuzziNZ

• New Egg
Will it fit ?
« on: June 01, 2018, 06:07:24 AM »
Will K&N,s MG2640 two into one air filter fit the T850 ?
Site is saying it will fit the G5,SP and V1000 but am sure they will also fit the T/T3 or is it best to go with the twin pod filter setup ?

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Re: Will it fit ?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 08:42:22 AM »
Yes, it will fit the 850-T (and Ambo, Eldo, V7 Sport) if you use the correct "air inlet tubes"/"velocity stacks", which would be these/this type: http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=279&products_id=3201

The MG2640 can be a bit of a pain to install, warming it and applying silicone spray or grease will help.
Charlie

Offline GuzziNZ

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 05:36:18 PM »
Thanks for that. So the next question is, is it better to go with the twin pod filters and can I not just machine the velocity stacks already on the carbs to fit filters ?

Online antmanbee

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 06:12:25 PM »
I do this on all my Guzzis.  It worked well on my T3 with the aluminum stacks. Cost is only about $13 plus a hose clamp and some filter oil.  You still utilize the velocity stacks that used to go into the airbox. Just cut out the end of an 8" UNI sock filter and put the internal filter spring over the ends of the stacks.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 06:12:25 PM »

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 06:18:09 PM »
Thanks for that. So the next question is, is it better to go with the twin pod filters and can I not just machine the velocity stacks already on the carbs to fit filters ?

I prefer twin pod filters. Yes, you can machine the original "velocity stacks" but then you destroy an original part and there's no turning back should you ever want to. I don't like altering original parts unless I absolutely have to.
Charlie

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here