Author Topic: Nice...but "spendy" NorTONE!!  (Read 727 times)

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Nice...but "spendy" NorTONE!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 10:28:44 PM »
It has all the right CNW parts.  It should fetch a pretty penny for the owner, but even so will be hard to beat the restoration costs.  If I remember correctly, just a CNW engine rebuild is over $5,000.00. Then there are the FCRs, manifolds, belt drive, hydraulic clutch, shouldered wheels, gearbox rebuild, paint, hardware, brakes...
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 10:33:19 PM »
It has all the right CNW parts.  It should fetch a pretty penny for the owner, but even so will be hard to beat the restoration costs.  If I remember correctly, just a CNW engine rebuild is over $5,000.00. Then there are the FCRs, manifolds, belt drive, hydraulic clutch, shouldered wheels, gearbox rebuild, paint, hardware, brakes...

I think if you look on the CNW website..you are now looking at $25,000 + + + and more!! :rolleyes: :shocked: :huh:

Same ol' story..."If you want to PLAY...then ya gotta PAY!!" :wink: :thumb: :boozing: :cool: :bow:
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 07:29:26 AM »
When I got my Norton I checked with CNW and Classic Motorcycle Experience in VT re engine rebuilding.  Then I got the manual and tools and built the engine and gearbox myself.  It was a great learning experience and  in truth easier than learning to lace a Commando front wheel.   CNW rebuilt my oil tank and provided some great parts.  They are fantastic.  This BAT bike is the real deal I think.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 07:29:26 AM »

Online PeteS

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 09:02:18 AM »
When I got my Norton I checked with CNW and Classic Motorcycle Experience in VT re engine rebuilding.  Then I got the manual and tools and built the engine and gearbox myself.  It was a great learning experience and  in truth easier than learning to lace a Commando front wheel.   CNW rebuilt my oil tank and provided some great parts.  They are fantastic.  This BAT bike is the real deal I think.

This^^^
Those of us who grew up with these bikes learned to fix them ourselves. The mechanics are dirt simple with only few special tools needed to take them apart. Mine are all homemade, clutch spring tool, engine sprocket and advance mechanism pullers, plus some wrenches. The only things to farm out are crankshaft regrinding, balancing and cylinder boring. That won’t cost you $5K.

Pete

Offline guzzista

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2021, 02:09:37 PM »
This^^^
Those of us who grew up with these bikes learned to fix them ourselves. The mechanics are dirt simple with only few special tools needed to take them apart. Mine are all homemade, clutch spring tool, engine sprocket and advance mechanism pullers, plus some wrenches. The only things to farm out are crankshaft regrinding, balancing and cylinder boring. That won’t cost you $5K.

Pete
. True that. The last Commando I owned, also a 1973  got a complete rebuild. Mostly done at home for therapy. Only farmed out the  paint job and heads rebuild.  Sold for a bit more than half the current BAT bid. Last heard from the current owner, it was picking up tin at local Brit shows. Times and prices are a-changing indeed
1975 750S Tribute bike, 1994 Cali 1100, 2007 Ducati GT1000, 1983 SP1000, 1973 V7Sport project, 2017 California1400 Touring

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2021, 09:08:08 AM »
*** SOLD *** for $19,000 + $950 (5%) Buyers Premium!!!

'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here